[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Touhou 6 is the only good game in the series, it has the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10
File: 6.png (404 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
6.png
404 KB, 640x480
Touhou 6 is the only good game in the series, it has the best art, music, characters and level design.
In the later games it all only got tasteless and laughable over the time, the characters mainly are trash.

Prove me wrong.
>>
EoSDfags are the equivalent of pokemon MUH GEN WUN fags
>>
File: baitcirno.jpg (32 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
baitcirno.jpg
32 KB, 480x360
low quality bait desu
>>
File: 1447950970273.png (3 KB, 256x64) Image search: [Google]
1447950970273.png
3 KB, 256x64
What's worse, people that make falseflag threads or the people that fall for it?

I think the people that fall for it are more stupid.
Discuss.
>>
>>14834369
There's nothing remarkable about the later games.
None of the later soundtracks comes close to the flawless score of EoSD, all the characters designs got more weird and subjective and name of "muh lore" and references, it's just a downhill in a abyss that gets worse and worse.
>>
>>14834369
People that fall for it are stupid, but people who make falseflag threads actively try to lower the quality of the board, and are cruel for exploiting the stupid to do so.
>>
None of the later soundtracks comes close to the flawless score of PCB, all the characters designs got more weird and subjective and name of "muh lore" and references, it's just a downhill in a abyss that gets worse and worse.
>>
File: Untitled (2).jpg (63 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Untitled (2).jpg
63 KB, 640x480
Touhou 1 is the only good game in the series, it has the best art, music, characters and level design.
In the later games it all only got tasteless and laughable over the time, the characters mainly are trash.

Prove me wrong.

None of the later soundtracks comes close to the flawless score of HRtP, all the characters designs got more weird and subjective and name of "muh lore" and references, it's just a downhill in a abyss that gets worse and worse.
>>
None of the later soundtracks comes close to the flawless score of IN, all the characters designs got more weird and subjective and name of "muh lore" and references, it's just a downhill in a abyss that gets worse and worse.
>>
File: 1453698716457.png (155 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
1453698716457.png
155 KB, 800x400
hi
>>
Touhou 15 is the only good game in the series, it has the best art, music, characters and level design.

In the earlier games it all only got tasteless and laughable under the time, the characters mainly are trash.

Prove me wrong.

None of the earlier soundtracks comes close to the flawless score of LoLK, all the characters designs were more weird and subjective and name of "muh lore" and references, it's just a downhill in a abyss that gets worse and worse.
>>
File: Cover.jpg (562 KB, 1430x1407) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
562 KB, 1430x1407
Touhou was at its peak at the 7th and 8th games.
>>
>>14834340
It's funny because EoSD, has generic Chinese girl, generic serious Maid and two loli vampires taking up the cast.
Please make these shitty " I hate anything new" threads on /v/ from now on.
>>
>>14834340
>good game in the series
That's not TH11
>it has the best art
That's not TH12
>music
That's not TH10
>characters
That's not TH14
>level design
Arr rook same

Try again SDMfags.
>>
>>14835095
IN actually has the best soundtrack though, at least imo. All the tracks fit the night setting extremely well, and they have the perfect balance between catchiness and class.
>>
>>14835095
IN has some of the worst designs though.
>>
File: touhou13_3454.jpg (85 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
touhou13_3454.jpg
85 KB, 500x375
>>14835359
>level design
>Arr rook same
Are you talking about danmaku design here or stage design in general? Because newer games look much better than stuff like EoSD or PoFV.
>>
>>14834340
4 IS THE BEST! Its just so perfect.
>>
File: Untitled.png (342 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
342 KB, 640x480
I wish the bosses final bosses conversations still ended like this.
>>
>>14836408
Why is Remilia throwing gang signs?
>>
>>14836408
its so funny to see how inconsistent ZUNs character design looked in that game.
>>
Best Household: EoSD
Best Music: SA
Best Gameplay: SA
>>
>>14834340
>no liking superior th1
>>
>>14835462
>IN actually has the best soundtrack though
lol
>>
>>14836946
>Best Gameplay: SA
top kek
I sure do like those inconsistent shot types.
>>
File: savage.png (465 KB, 764x889) Image search: [Google]
savage.png
465 KB, 764x889
>>14834340

What Touhou had the best banter?
>>
EoSD is the only Touhou game I've played besides a few hours of PCB. I've been playing it on and off since 2000-fuckin'-9 and I still can't 1cc it on Normal.
>>
post your scores you fucks
>>
>>14837787
Yuyuko's banter was very good.
>>
>>14837787
Marisa/Alice in IN
>>
>>14836408
There's Reimu and Sumireko in ULiL but that's it
I love it when they do that too.
>>
Everybody knows that 永夜抄 is the best Touhou. Clever gameplay, innovative patterns and gimmicks (screen darkening, phantom bullets), awesome score, fun banter.

The only score that surpasses 永夜抄 is 妖々夢
>>
>>14837787
UFO definitely, no matter how people say about characters being "plain". Any dialogue is fun and very characteristic.
>>
>>14839878
Speak in Japanese, this is Gensokyo!
>>
>>14839878
>The only score that surpasses 永夜抄 is 妖々夢
IN's scores are bigger so nah.
>>
File: cirnobananafairy.png (633 KB, 800x465) Image search: [Google]
cirnobananafairy.png
633 KB, 800x465
>>14837787
UFO is pretty high up, but IN and SA win out by default since by having player teams instead of solo protagonists means more to work with.

Yuyuko treating Youmu like a Pokemon in IN is particularly adorable.

Great Fairy Wars was also pretty great for me.

>>14836408
They've only even done that like 3 times in the whole series, PCB, EoSD and ULiL.
>>
PCB does everything EoSD does, but better. The only thing EoSD has going for it is being "da first". If EoSD were released today as touhou 16 (15?) it would've been blown out the fucking water for being a complete hackjob and ZUN shamelessly phoning it in.
Not to mention all of EoSD's music is poorly mixed and sounds like absolute ass in its original in-game versions.

>>14834369
The "look at me, I'm above it all" morons who think going meta and behaving like a condescending sack of shit are the worst.
>>
>>14837787
SA, easily.
>>
>>14854446
>it's almost as if games usually don't age well enough to be still acceptable if rereleased as is
>>
>>14854639

Not the original guy but I think if PCB and IN were released today they'd still be appreciated.

especially from a content perspective what with PCB having two extra stages and IN going completely nuts with the last spells.
>>
>>14836417
SDM represent
>>
>>14854639
who said that?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.