[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Touhou Genso Rondo to get US release on PS4 by NIS America
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: touhou-genso-rondo-02-22-16-1.jpg (41 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
touhou-genso-rondo-02-22-16-1.jpg
41 KB, 640x480
http://nichegamer.com/2016/02/touhou-gendo-rondo-being-brought-to-the-west/

Welp, looks like we're getting a Touhou fan game over to the west by Summer. This interest me, so what are your thoughts on this /jp/?
>>
>>14819199
I think you should have looked harder.
>>14817657
>>
Touhou is shit.
>>
Touhou is already dead to me, goodbye
>>
>>14819199
Game was bad, nisa are incompetent and sony are greedy jews.
>>
I don't care but at least it's not Steam.
>>
>>14819300
yet
>>
>>14819199
1 Check the catalog
2 Wow it's fucking nothing and it's not even the first time it happened, I don't see the huge fuss about it
>>
>>14819318
No, not yet, this is still just a fangame. A shitty fangame, at that
>>
>>14819379
I hope you're not implying a low quality amateur game would be stopped by Steam's quality control.
>>
>>14819394
I'm implying that no actual Touhou game will be coming to Steam anytime soon, it's basically whoever can make a fangame and also get Zun drunk enough to agree to let them put it on Steam, or on Playstation, etc
>>
>>14819395
>put it on Steam, or on Playstation
those two are very different options

>>14819319
please point to another instance where any touhou fangame has been officially licensed, translated, and put onto a NA-region distribution platform
heck, the only games to be licensed at all have been the ones in the play,doujin program to begin with (including this one)
>>
>>14819511
>those two are very different options
Why? Both are platforms through which games are distributed.
>>
>>14819511
I don't see how they're different options, besides Playstation being harder to get a game onto because it doesn't have all the early access indie crap I hear about being on Steam. It's the same shit.
>>
>>14819516
>>14819524
ZUN has started a licensing program in collaboration with Sony called Play,Doujin! as a means for select Touhou fangames and other stuff to be published through PSN while still retaining his own degree of legal control. This is ZUN's current solution to help doujin game developers go indie through their Touhou works, and this is why licensing fanworks is possible at all. Meanwhile, Steam has its own licensing system and legal issues become way more complicated by stretching to the US. I assume this is largely why NISA is the entity actually bringing the game to NA.

So it's the opposite; Playstation is infinitely easier. Unless he expands the program for other platforms (which seems unlikely right now), Touhou fanworks go through PSN.
>>
>>14819319
>2 Wow it's fucking nothing [...], I don't see the huge fuss about it
This. It's not like Touhou is this grand thing that will never ever leave Japan - there are people playing and enjoying the games all over the world already.

And on top of that, this is just a fangame. A bad fangame.

There's really nothing to get excited about here, either positive or negative. It's just a thing that's happening.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.