[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
10th Touhou M-1 Grand Prix
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Tsukiyori Dango.jpg (162 KB, 1278x716) Image search: [Google]
Tsukiyori Dango.jpg
162 KB, 1278x716
So can we talk about how these two were robbed blind? Also Vermin Love got shafted pretty hard too. Marisa spouting the same unfunny line over and over again was pretty weak compared to Miko Miko Spark's 3rd M-1 performance, they really didn't deserve to win.
>>
>>14560179
post the link, faggot
>>
>>14560179
So when is your translation going up?
>>
>>14560212
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27915343
http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/54331854
There's the opening and the playlist. There's no full video for some reason.

I hope someone posts Clownpiece's dance track on niconico at some point, it sounded pretty good for the few seconds it had.

>>14560226
I'm not a translator. Well, I've done translation before, but not for the M-1 Grand Prix. I don't really have time to do it, sorry.
>>
>>14560277
>I don't really have time to do it, sorry.

But you have time to shitpost on the jay?
>>
Eh, their final sketch was pretty bad, while mikomikospark's was at least better than their first one.
tsukiyoridango's first one was still best, though
>>
>>14563227
Shitposting takes a few seconds, translation takes time out of my day that I should be spending on coursework for my masters.

>>14563502
Miko Miko Spark's second one was still just full of Marisa parroting the same unfunny line and spending the last couple of minutes stripping. Sure, it got the point of the kegare theme, but the trouble is that it still doesn't make it funny.
Tsukiyoridango's second sketch wasn't fantastic, but it was still the better of the two. Vermin Bug should've been the one to face them in the finals.
>>
>>14560277
What'd you do translation for?
>>
>>14560277
Well if you understood it all, won't it take like two hours?
>>
>>14567768
Even if just translating everything could be done in two hours (hint: it won't), I think you greatly underestimate the time it takes to edit subtitles into the right positions, especially with something as long as the M1GP.

Also, translating jokes just doesn't really work anyway, just man up and learn the language already.
>>
>>14567811
>translating jokes just doesn't really work anyway
It can be
>>
>>14567811
Just transcribe it all then
>>
>>14567811
But it's haaaaard.
>>
>>14567755
A couple of manga chapter scanlations for /a/, some blogs by Japanese video game publishers for a PAL publisher, and one official translation for a game. All my own work, but I'm not hugely proud of it.

>>14567768
>>14567811
I've mucked about with subtitling software before, but it's been a while. It's not horrifically time consuming just editing and placing subtitles, but translation itself takes so long, especially when making executive localization decisions which will almost certainly come back to bite you in the ass. Jokes are especially brutal, as is language-specific humour. I don't even want to think about attempting Tsukiyori Dango's first sketch, I'd either have to leave all the -pyun, -dayo, -sa bits in untranslated and have a glossary in the youtube description or use a bunch of stupid accents instead. I don't think somethingn 'Oi'll lamp u bruv, swear on me mum' would go down well for Seiran's Yokohama rant, but I can't think of anything better off the top of my head.
I might try their second sketch at some point though, it's a whole lot easier. Assuming someone else hasn't done it already.
>>
Mikokoro best combination.
>>
>>14567692
>stripping
Have they jumped the shark?
>>
>>14579020
No, Tewi wasn't even in this one.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.