[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jap Yen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 600x285) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 600x285
I am collecting Japanese yen. I recently ordered from a foreign currency exchange called Travelex from online, but I am pissed they gave me a bunch of 1000 and 2000 yen bills because they love to give tourests the 2000 bills. Nobody ever uses them in Japan. How can I go about turning them and future bills into 5000 and 10,000 bills? There is a facility nearby downtown. Should I bring them there and tell them I want bigger bills?
>>
>>14546556
get it from your bank retard
>>
>>14546569
I am in the US
>>
>>14546556
>Nobody ever uses them in Japan

>implying you've ever been to japan
>implying you've ever left your parents basement
>implying you're not some ignorant fucking weeb
>>
>>14546579
I am half Jap and been there once. Hell, one lady I met in a tea shop thought my 2000 yen was even fake. Vending machines don't even take them.
>>
>>14546573
get it from your bank retard
>>
>>14546579
Go back to /a/ with this shit.
>>
>>14546556
Change them for 2 dollar bills.
>>
>>14546579
You know, if someone watched hundreds of hours of something in a single language, consecutively, and didn't pick up a single thing, they'd be pretty retarded. That's basically full immersion, it'd be akin to not having been able to learn any of their native language before they entered school.
>>
>>14546573
Banks have foreign currency in reserve
>>
>>14546748
I think the issue is not picking up words from anime, it's people thinking that because they picked up 200~500 words they can speak conversational japanese
>>
>>14546748
>That's basically full immersion
Not quite. A key component to full immersion is that the immersed can interact with others.

To make it more extreme, if (instead of watching anime) someone simply looked at pages of Japanese text for hours on end, with no prior understanding, you would expect them to pick up far less than they would even watching anime. Just so, you would expect someone watching anime to pick up far less than someone actually immersed.
>>
>>14547641
>A key component to full immersion is that the immersed can interact with others.
Well, even if the person isn't interacting with others, he's watching people interact with each other. Doesn't matter if it's anime or some live TV show. True, it wouldn't be as much learned as interacting with someone who could just point to things and tell you their names or repeat stuff until you picked up on it, but comparing it to trying to decipher a written language from scratch is more than a little extreme.
>>
>>14547690
Yes, there are levels. Just as reading text is significantly below watching anime, so watching anime is significantly below immersion.
>>
>>14546556
there are 2000 yen bills here!?
>>
>>14547635
>Go back to /a/ with this shit.
you can barely string a sentence together with 200 words. a 3m song can have thousands of words and basic grammer needs several thousands of words too in most any language.
>>
>>14546556
>collecting money instead of using them

I think this is literally the worse hobby ever.
>>
>>14548050
Lel
>>
File: hamaguchi_tako.jpg (28 KB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
hamaguchi_tako.jpg
28 KB, 450x253
>>14546556
>every time I see this, this song comes up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETxmCCsMoD0

Thanks a lot, Cocorico
>>
Why is their money cooler than ours?
>>
always wanted a 5 yen coin - clean and new.
No bank around stores them. Sad.
>>
>>14549589
Banks are gay
>>
>>14548658
>Not Money Money Money by Dave Rogers
You've failed the test.
https://youtu.be/NuvcHeqbAeA
>>
>>14550319
>Never watches Ougon Densetsu
>Never gets the joke
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.