[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buying a Japanese Futon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: cf7f0901b2f5.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cf7f0901b2f5.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
I just discovered my antique wooden bed frame was ridden with mold and ended up having to chuck it out, along with the two ugly old mattresses. After shopping around for a new bed for a few days, I realized I really liked how clean and simple my room looked without a bed in it, so I've decided to get a Japanese futon that I can store in the closet during the day instead.

What would be the best way to go about ordering one? They have this EMOOR shit on Amazon but it'll take two months to arrive and I'm sure there's better out there, but I've only imported anime figures before so I don't know what I'm doing. Is there any particular brand that's considered the best? My budget is around $200.
>>
ふとんがふっとんだ
>>
>>14541217
I have no idea where to get them.
I do know typical Japanese futons were meant to be placed on tatami mats, and are usually too thin and uncomfortable on other types of flooring. Go for a thicker futon. Also keep in mind such futons need to be aired regularly.
>>
>>14541273
>>
I tried this, and my body regretted it. But I know the feeling OP..
>>
I couldn't do that because of the fear of bugs and spiders crawling all over my body at night
>>
I had a futon before (well, technically I still have it) but then I got a puppy and it pissed on it so many times that I decided to get a new bed. I had a small tatami mat to place it on and everything. Got it from a local store that specialized in futons so I can't really help you with buying one.

Damn I miss that hard, yet strangely comfortable bag of cotton.
>>
>>14541437
Clean your house so you wont have to worry about bugs
>>
>>14541513
Everybody needs a fucking dog.
>>
>>14541437
Spiders can easily crawl up to your bed aswell... So can most of the bugs if they really wanted to.

Also, what was that again? Some 100 spiders everyone of us eats accidentally in their lifetime, while asleep of course.

I wouldn't worry about it. Sweet dreams.
>>
>>14547614
>Some 100 spiders everyone of us eats accidentally in their lifetime, while asleep of course.
Fake and gay
>>
That's a lot of excuses to avoid being called a weaboo. You're in jaypee, no one is going to judge you if want a futon.
>>
>>14550477
I will judge him.
>>
>>14541217
http://global.rakuten.com/en/category/205555/
>>
>>14541217
Don't buy one!! Haven't you heard?? You die if you fall asleep in a futon!!!!
>>
>>14547614
>>Also, what was that again? Some 100 spiders everyone of us eats accidentally in their lifetime, while asleep of course.
This is not only wrong, it is also offensive, not only to me, as a spiderposter, but to any human as well who has a brain.

Do you think that spiders are retarded and have a death wish? That they will just come inside your mouth to die? The stench coming out from that disgusting hole of yours alone is probably enough to make them faint.
>>
Unless you live in a dry area or have a place to hang-dry it everyday, I don't suggest getting one.

Also keep in mind, cheaper = less comfortable.
Maybe invest in a self-inflating bed and a blanket instead.
>>
>>14552221
I'd rather make a self inflating waifu, thank you.
>>
File: 1410707297445.jpg (2 MB, 2588x3624) Image search: [Google]
1410707297445.jpg
2 MB, 2588x3624
I bought the emoor futon set off amazon about a month ago. It's rather thin so I sleep with the mattress on the floor, and futon on top of that (wood floors). The pillows are quite thin, but if you stack up two or have a daki below one it's comfy.

As has been mentioned, if you don't have a place where it would be easy to hang up and air out, it's no good. I hang mine up over an extendable curtain rod between some convenient spots in my house and leave a fan beneath it, angled slightly upwards, for about 30 minutes every other day or so. If you sweat more you should do it more, but you'll notice the stuffing of the futon will clump together and not be as comfy when it accumulates moisture.

Hope that helps. Take it easy~

P.S. it said mine would arrive in 1-2 months, but it showed up after a week.
>>
How is a futon comfortable?
>>
>>14554068
See your own reaction picture. It enables you to comfortably rape Erio after she rolls herself into it like a sushi. She can't fight back with her hands, and fighting with her legs only makes me harder.

That's what she deserves, to be honest, for being a super sexy hot autistic girl and wearing that microskirt.

She wants it anyway, doesn't she?
>>
>>14554093
She does dude, ordering my futon right away!
Now where can I get my Erio?
>>
I just use a the mattress that came with one of those horrible metal-frame couch/bed futon things on the floor, that's close enough to a Jap futon right?
>>
>>14547614
>Some 100 spiders everyone of us eats accidentally in their lifetime, while asleep of course.

This is actually just a statistical error. You see, there are multiple ways to measure the "center" of a distribution. One way, the mean (what people commonly call the "average"), is the sum of all samples divided by the number of samples. In this case, the mean number of spiders eaten is thrown off by the fact that the distribution of spiders eaten has an outlier; that is, there is a man in a cave somewhere who eats many more spiders than most people.

You should use median instead.
>>
>>14554166
There's a girl who looks just like her on /cgl/ and cosplays her too.
>>
>>14554225
>there is a man in a cave somewhere who eats many more spiders than most people

Jesus christ how horrifying.
>>
>>14554269
Ordering my chloroform right away dude, thanks!
>>
>>14554333
No problem, nice three threes.
>>
>>14554225
>This is actually just a statistical error.
It's not a statistical error at all, you idiot. It's not a statistic at all. It's not even bullshit like "women are paid 70 cents for every dollar a man makes", which is a statistical error, maybe. It's bullshit like "4 out of 5 women in America will get raped" - a blatant lie.

See >>14552179. Spiders are not suicidal maniacs.
>>
>>14541217
Isn't it just a thin mattress? Just get one of those foam things you put on top of mattress from Ikea.
>>
>>14547614
The spiders thing was actually a poll to check how many people actually believe what they see on the internet.
>>
I am a futon.
>>
Futon.

Fu means wind.

Wind ton.
>>
>>14558124
Too bad futon isn't written with wind...
>>
風遁
>>
>>14558602
Is that a ninja technique?
>>
>>14541217
aint they on amazon?
>>
>>14554269
Do you have evidence of that? I really doubt someone could look like Erio.
>>
There's a specific japanese futon? I had always assumed they just slept on a typical futon.
>>
>>14541217
>Sleeping on the floor
otakufags will defend this
>>
>>14552179
I had to a pull a spider that was trying to crawl inside of me out of my nostrils just a few weeks ago, though.
>>
File: Inside the earr.webm (3 MB, 406x720) Image search: [Google]
Inside the earr.webm
3 MB, 406x720
>>14552179
>That they will just come inside your mouth to die?

Not mouth, but ear.
>>
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KDM5ZU

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VQNM2I

It's okay.
>>
>>14559122
Yeah, and they just 'happened' to film that. Fuck yourself, you Spiderphobic propagandist.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.