[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone interested in reading a feature article about VN expansion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
So I've decided to visit MGA (Moe Games Awards) site today and there found a link to the site called Game Headline. And apparently it has some sales rankings for visual novels and this feature article about 美少女ゲーム海外展開:
http://game-headline.com/02_feature.html
http://game-headline.com/02_feature_1607.html

Anyone interested in founding out what Japanese think/now about MangaGamer, Sekai and others?
>>
>>15540952
*think/know
>>
By making a separate thread you're asking for someone to translate it for you?

Well, I'm not gonna bother with that, but I did read it.

To be honest, not much really interesting in it. The main idea is pretty clear. They want to make money from EOPs and think selling on Steam is the way to do it.

When introducing Steam, the article mentions the miraculous sales of Nekopara, which seems to be the ideal they all want to reach. Obviously this isn't possible, since Nekopara's success stems from it temporarily becoming a meme game and newer Steam releases show that's not gonna repeat with something else. But Japanese businessmen were always slow on the uptake.

They do realize though that Steam suckers won't buy VNs full price. You can see for example Frontwing's attempts like Purino Party and Corona Blossom being episodical trying to overstep this problem.

Also total lol at this
>「元々、18禁要素はストーリーと分離しているので作りやすいのかなと。海外については、話を聞かせてもらった程度ですが、有力な市場と感じます」(Lose代表・tO氏)
People were saying Sekai Project bluffed their way to Maitetsu with sweet talk and this make it seem like the truth.
>>
>>15541091
Nah, just thought that there would be some interesting points for discussion.
I was planning to look at it later myself.
>>
>>15541091
I wonder what will happen once they realize that steam isn't the gold mine they thought it was. Maybe I should try to learn Japanese
>>
>>15541204
If you have the time and perseverance to learn Japanese, do it.

Even if you only care about eroge, its history has countless great titles you'll be able to enjoy. And realistically you won't stay at eroge.
>>
File: wow.jpg (148 KB, 399x698) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
148 KB, 399x698
This company surely had some big plans...
>>
>>15541091
If regular plotge can't sell, what makes these idiots think people will want to play a lolige for the story?
>>
>>15541607
Maybe train lovers will buy it
>>
Anyone else?
>>
>>15541091
Oh and people should definately bring that part to attention in the the VNTS thread:

>Also total lol at this
>「元々、18禁要素はストーリーと分離しているので作りやすいのかなと。海外については、話を聞かせてもらった程度ですが、有力な市場と感じます」(Lose代表・tO氏)
>People were saying Sekai Project bluffed their way to Maitetsu with sweet talk and this make it seem like the truth.
>>
>>15541091
>Sekai Project in charge of bluffing

What else is new?
>>
>現在、社内にはアメリカ、イギリス、オランダ、イタリア、フランス人がいて、今は中国での展開を検討中なのでそのスタッフを探しています。
That part is also interesting. Looks like Frontwing are planning to translate their stuff to many other languages aside from English.
>>
>現在、ある著名タイトルを進めていまして、そろそろ発表できると思いますよ。
Looks like Regista is also planning to announce something too.
>>
>日本アニメのメジャー化がゲームに好影響
Looks like Japanese VN developers are interested in getting more consumers who got interested in their works through anime.
>>
>『ルートダブル』の翻訳はユーザーだったジョン・フーバー氏の提案から。現在は著名多タイトルを翻訳中。
They speak a lot about John Hooper and it looks like Lemnisca have some big project (or maybe several?) in works.
>>
>>15544080
加えてフーバー氏が現在進めているタイトルは「複雑な物語で苦労している」とのことだ。
>>
>先ほどもお話しましたがsteamでコンスタントに新作があるのは強みだと思いますし、Denpasoftという18禁ソフトを販売するサイトもあるので色んな形がとれます。
So Sekai are able to talk freely about Denpasoft after all.
>>
>>15544312
Do you plan to quote single sentences and your inane thoughts on them for the next few days, keeping this thread afloat? If yes, do tell so that I can hide the thread without feeling like I might miss something of actual value.
>>
>ビジュアルアーツは一般作で勝負できるタイトルがありますけど、やはり18禁の可能性も広げていきたいですから
Baba from Visual Art's actually wants to release 18+ titles too but thinks that America needs its own Ethics Organization?
>>
>>15544322
He probably wants someone who speaks Japanese to descend upon the thread and offer more meaningful feedback.
>>
>>15540952

Most of the bamboo quotes in this article are actually from his twitter, back around AX. If you want to read them not in snippets, you trace back his timeline a couple weeks.
>>
>>15544346
I've already finished reading through the whole thing. Just quoted some parts that could be informative for some people.
Sorry for my English, it's not my mother tongue.
>>
So the Japanese themselves know Sekai is not forthwright? I actually didn't expect that.
>>
>>15544934
Doesn't seem like they really care, though.
>>
My favorite part was the comment about consulting with the FBI to create an ESRB of eroge.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.