[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I noticed that because Japanese theaters let you reserve sea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9
I noticed that because Japanese theaters let you reserve seats, you can actually see how full the seats are for the premiers of The Force Awakens.

Do you guys want to get together and scrape the theater sites and post all the seat charts? I will start with Kagoshima, where I am, and work my way north.

This is the Toho Cinema in Yojiro, JP Sub 2d edition at 6:30

T minus 1 hour to launch

Full list of theaters showing TFW in Japan here:

http://starwars.disney.co.jp/movie/force/theater.html
>>
Can't say that's something I want to do, no.
>>
Same theater, JP dub

Sub > Dub, Japan agrees
>>
Same theater, JP dub, 3d, 7pm
>>
Kagoshima Tenpara theater, Eng JP sub 2d
>>
Nearly no one reserving the 3d dub one at Tenpara...

of course, people can still show up and pay in person.
>>
>>14502057
Forgot my pic
>>
I don't know about the US, but this is extremly common when buying tickets online in Europe...
>>
>>14502285
Nope, you can do it here in the US too. Don't know where OP's from.
>>
>>14502285
I live in Atlantic Canada, and theatres are just starting to do this
>>
I'm also from Europe and I have also been able to do this since a lot of years ago.
>>
>>14502025
Cool thread OP.

It just so happens I live in Japan too, specifically Tokyo. I'll go see Star Wars tomorrow. Super cool to live in Japan, eh? It's so Japanese. You see Japanese things all the time. Even the Star Wars will be in Japanese when I'll go see it tomorrow, because I live in Japan and will go see it in Japan.
>>
kuso thread
>>
Stop shilling your interracial breeding grounds, Lucasfilms.
>>
>>14502285
>>14502335
From the US, but I haven't seen seat reservations at any US theater. Or assigned seating in general.
>>
So people don't generally sit at the front of theaters / cinemas or is this just a Japan thing.

I haven't been to one in over 8 years.
>>
File: fed up bird.jpg (7 KB, 244x206) Image search: [Google]
fed up bird.jpg
7 KB, 244x206
>>14502025
W-what the hell. So much of it's in English.

I've been studying Japanese for about a year now, beating myself across the head with it, on the pretense that I shouldn't even consider going to Japan until I get to JLPT N3 level.
>>
>>14502474
Why?

Pretty of people go to Japan without knowing a lick of English.
>>
>>14502485
I assume you mean "without knowing a lick of Japanese."

Yes, plenty of people do that, but I don't want to be one of those people.

I went to China to teach English for a few months a couple of years ago and I was the only non-Chinese person from my group who spoke Chinese. It was appalling to me how helpless everyone was without me to aid them.
>>
>>14502430
Cinemark, Arclight, and the Alamo all do it. I dunno, guess it just depends on where you are.
>>
>>14502025
>TFA
It's shit. The woman is a total mary sue.
>>
>>14502438
Front row seats are shit, the screen towers over you.

Back-ish centre have best seats
>>
They have this in Europe too for years. Except because of this they make you pay extra for the good seats.
>>
>>14502474
Japan is a weird country in terms of language ability, since no one really expects foreigners to learn the language well but at the same time they're not going to go out of their way to accommodate them by having employees who speak English. You can live as an English teacher and live in a bubble of not speaking Japanese, but almost every important thing other than teaching English will require Japanese knowledge at N3+ levels.

If you mean going as a tourist, though, you'll probably be fine.
>>
>>14502285
Where I live (in Florida, around Boca, Deerfield, etc), theaters are doing reservations).
>>
File: 20150827_222910.jpg (688 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
20150827_222910.jpg
688 KB, 2000x1500
In major cities, they speak English pretty well, but in more remote locations English isn't common. Some of the better-voted restaurants (even in Tripadvisor) by Japanese people will have menus like these for you to decipher.

This was in Nagasaki. Best izakaya during the entire 3wk trip.
>>
File: 2.jpg (686 KB, 1481x1185) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
686 KB, 1481x1185
>>14502398
I've come to report that I've done it. I went to see Star Wars in Japanese, because I live in Japan.
>>
I don't want to watch kusoeiga dude.
>>
>>14503075
I plan to go as a tourist this summer and then as an English teacher after I finish my Master's in 2017.
>>
File: DSCN5747.jpg (1 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5747.jpg
1 MB, 3648x2736
OP here, people didn't seem interested so I went to the first showing at >>14502052

The crowd was all normal, no cosplayers or anything, and there were more kids than old people nostalgiaing, which I guess is a good sign. No one laughed or clapped, but that's normal for a JP audience, and I heard people say it was good after it was over.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.