[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sleep tight, Yukarin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 11
Sleep tight, Yukarin
>>
>>14501548
yukari a shit

sage
>>
>>14501548
yukari a best

noko
>>
File: 1405880586950.jpg (178 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1405880586950.jpg
178 KB, 640x480
Should Yukari be eating in bed?
>>
>>14501548
sleep tight Yukarin, see you back in spring.

>>14501614
If you want to complain about touhou characters, complain about some of the new shitty ones, not the good classical ones.
>>
File: 1449503065780.png (582 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1449503065780.png
582 KB, 900x900
>>14507414
>new shitty ones
No bullying newhus.
>>
>>14507422
>SOME of the new shitty ones

Actually Seiran is one of my favorites (with Sagume)... She's just adorable.
But there are other ones that are not as good and where you can question ZUN's (or tasofro's) choices...
>>
>>14507430
Sagume is actually the one I dislike most.
Her having one wing is just. It reminds me of those shitty deviant art tier pictures of two sides where one has an angel wing.
I disliekd Ringo too.

Doremy I cant decide on yet.
>>
>>14507446
you've got a point... And I respect your opinion on that.

but at least, she doesn't look like a "fasion american teen" that doesn't have anything to do with touhou, like some other chars I won't mention...

I don't like Ringo very much either, but she's still among the characters I "accept", her ears just look like goat's hair in the artwork, but otherwise okay, it's more like a matter of taste.
Same for Dreamy, I just hate her silly christmas hat because that reminds me western modern culture and she hasn't anything to do with christmas.
But if you try to not think about it and think about a "simple nightcap", she's still "okay" I guess, even if I don't really like her much.

The things that really bother me are things that look like "commercial western products". For the rest I'm pretty tolerant.
>>
>>14504811
What is she reading?
>>
File: 1450617473145.jpg (119 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1450617473145.jpg
119 KB, 1280x960
>>14507446
>>14507491
I also don't like some of the newhus. Sagume because of what you stated before and because she looks like she's trying to pick her nose while looking smug about it. Ringo and stage 1 rabbit looks pretty generic and not that fun to play against. Doremy though, I fucking love Doremy.
>>
File: 1450077478954.jpg (287 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1450077478954.jpg
287 KB, 700x700
>>14511295
Stage 1 rabbit
Fuck you, she has a name. Seiran.
I also liked her.
>Generic
It's better to be generic yet still fit in with the setting, than original and be totally out of place. Ringo reminds me of a slav, Doremy just looks weird and the extra boss is shit.
Junko was great though.
>>
>>14501548
>Yukarin

Sad attempt to make her sound young.
>>
Condense your Pookari threads you dipshits
>>
File: 1443293575033.jpg (90 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1443293575033.jpg
90 KB, 640x360
>>14512799
But she is young.
>>
File: Dreamy.png (82 KB, 399x285) Image search: [Google]
Dreamy.png
82 KB, 399x285
>>14511295
If you like her that much, you should at least say her name properly and not mispronounce it like all the secondaries.
Her name is Dreamy (should be kinda obvious though), she got the same mistranscription (because not the Hepburn conventional method blah blah) as Momiji, Lumia, Yuyuko, Mokou, Sanae, etc...
Show her your love by calling her Dreamy or she'll be upset.
>>
>>14513582
Please stop. The spelling of Doremy has nothing to do with Hepburn, nor are the other transliterations listed "wrong" when somebody uses kunrei/nihon-shiki.
>>
>>14513615
It's as long wrong as we keep saying the rest of the names in a different way.
If you like to say Huziwara no Mokou and Kotiya Sanae, then Doremy is not "wrong", but no one does, because the conventional way is the hepburn one, especially for everything international, and it's the most obvious and less confusing one.
So there is no need to be fancy, especially when westerners can't understand it.
I don't get what is your problem with that.
>>
>>14513582
Whats wrong with Momiji?
>>
File: capture.png (259 KB, 384x448) Image search: [Google]
capture.png
259 KB, 384x448
>>14513657
her name is written Momizi in the original game.
(You don't have to pronounce "momizi" in english though, they just didn't use the conventional transcription system and the ji is confused with the zi.)
Same happened with a lot of characters, they didn't use the standard system and it can confuse many people who sometimes don't even know how to pronounce them.
That's why we write them with the standard method.
>>
>>14513582
>>14513719
heh interesting, I never noticed there were mistakes in the names while playing.
So if I understand well, the only character that is commonly misspelled by western people because of these "game names" is Dreamy?
>>
>>14513631
True, but it's important to point that "for japanese people it's technically not wrong" because they pronounce both transcriptions the same, because they just don't have the same letters.
But for us westerners, it's actually wrong because we do pronounce each one differently.
>>
>>14513909
Yep, but there is technically another character commonly mispronounced by the westerners, it's Lumia, that everyone pronounce Rumia, but this misspelling has been accepted and used by everyone for so long.
Technically her name comes from the latin root (luminaria - lumen) that means light/lighting, which has a touch of irony since she manipulates darkness.
But people are so much used to say Rumia and there are so many arrogant weebs who think they know everything and get angry when they get said that they're wrong, so I don't even bother talking about it in general.
I just came here and people look more civilized and willing to learn so I'll bother to take some time to write something that —I hope— will be interesting for some people.

Actually, there had been other characters (not related to touhou) who got the same problem.
Since you use the same kana to say "ru" and "lu", there are a lot of confusion with the r's and the l's in general.

The first example that comes in my mind was a character from Puyo Puyo named Leroux.
The author never gave the actual transcription in romaji, so when the games were released, the game developers improvised.
Since you write it ルルー (ruruu), some games named her "Lulu" or "Rulue", etc... and no one managed to get her actual name.
Since the author didn't gave any official transcriptions, other characters from the same series got the same problem, like Liddell (リデル).
Her official name in the western games was "Rider" that was proven to be a mistrancription. Other games called her "Ridel, or Rita", I even saw "Riddle" somewhere.

Fortunately they didn't make the mistake for FFX's Lulu (ルールー).
>>
>>14513631
>It's as long wrong as we keep saying the rest of the names in a different way.
No, it isn't. The pronunciation of two different transliterations are exactly the same. One aim of a transliteration method is to get something with a semi-accurate pronunciation, but it doesn't change how the name is actually pronounced, as these are japanese names. The use of "Fujiwara" vs "Huziwara" and "Kochiya" vs "Kotiya" is a matter of preference that the fandom has mostly-arbitrarily picked. However, ドレミ― has zero ambiguity amongst transliteration methods; they're all "doremii", which isn't even close to "Dreamy". Moreover the name isn't japanese to begin with, so it's largely irrelevant. If it were "Dreamy", her name would be more like ドリーミ. While it's obviously an influence on her name, a perfectly acceptable romanization is given in-game.

>>14514558
You have zero factual basis for using Lumia. Lumia is a potential alternate romanization, but to assert that it must be Lumia because of what you perceive as hidden meaning is wrong. Unless you have canonical evidence that this is what is meant, you have no grounds to assert that you are correct.

Meanwhile, Rumia has been used in an official capacity in an illustration in SSiB, but more powerfully as an explicit correction of several errata published in EaLND, where Lumia was corrected to Rumia alongside others such as Rilica -> Lyrica and Pachery -> Patchouli.
>>
>>14511258
take it eajy
>>
File: 1367023115126.jpg (2 MB, 1460x1825) Image search: [Google]
1367023115126.jpg
2 MB, 1460x1825
>>14501548
Riddle me this
Why is it that the best and strongest touhous tend to have "sleeping" as a part of their persona?
>>
>>14501548
sleep tight granner
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.