[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /JLPT/ here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2
File: 20151206_113642.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151206_113642.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Who /JLPT/ here
>>
nice shoes fag
>>
>>14451944
How long does it talk to JLPT 1
>>
>>14452003
Like 3 hours
>>
shiiiiit I wish the JLPT was offered at my university. Then I'd actually take it

Can't be assed to drive a couple hours to do it though.
>>
>>14451990
Seriously, wearing Chucks when it's 2015
>>
>>14451944
Did my first JLPT today, only N5 because I needed any kind of certificate that I study the language for my exchange semester. Was easy as fuck, easier than expected. The only thing I might have been fucked in 1-2 questions is the listening section, drifted off once and thats it.
>>
>>14451944
Did N3 and I think I did alright. Some of the guys who showed up seemed like native speakers though, and I'm not sure why they didn't take N1 or N2 instead.
>>
Anyone here who wrote in Düsseldorf?
>>
I just finished about 30 minutes ago. Think I did okay. A classmate and I are getting sushi now.
>>
>>14453075
Fuck off normie

sage
>>
>>14452999
coz they aren't native english speakers.
They are just good Japanese speakers or sometime Japanese teachers are taking JLPT for teaching tips to students.
>>
>>14453638
>native english speakers

sorry, I mean native Japanese speakers
>>
Do you fucking weebs realize the JLPT is a worthless certification? Not even Japanese companies ask for it.
>>
I should really take N1 again some time. It's a pretty fun test. Hope all my fellow jay users who took it this year get good results.
>>
>>14453935
Are you seriously suggesting you take tests for fun? What a fucking nerd, I bet you are still a virgin.
>>
>>14454022
I take tests for fun and I'm not virgin.
I've been with five men.
>>
>>14454037
What a fucking slut, get out of /jp/ immediately, your only presence sullies the purity of this board.
>>
I took the N1 and failed miserably.
Not that I expected anything else.
>>
>>14453837
SO what is it they ask for?
>>
>>14454214
English, just like the rest of the civilized world.
>>
>>14454221
>implying the master race language isn't classical chinese
>>
>>14451944
Is that you Evan?
>>
>>14452999

I had the same experience. I took N3 and got pretty much paired with this guy that talked incredibly fast while also being completely understandable in his words. Even when I managed to understand him my replies didn't even reach close to his level. He really was on a whole other scale. He wasn't japanese or anything, so It really made me wonder why was he taking the N3 for.
>>
Took N2 at almost full points last December, now I'm in Japan and will take N1 here next July.

I'd probably pass it even now, but it's pointless to take, when I don't need it yet.

Also I was told by several people here in Japan, that Japanese employers usually take only JLPT you took in the last two years and even care about the point total you got. Back home in my country everyone was claiming you can just pass N1 once at whatever points and you're all good. Although realistically it probably depends on the employer and the position you apply for.
>>
>>14454225
>classical Chinese
Cannot be spoken and very few know it now. Other than that, perfection of course.
>>
>>14454510
>>14452999
I wouldn't be surprised if it's just because they took classes (and probably spent some time in Japan) and therefore their speaking level was far above their reading/grammar/vocab.

I think most gaijin who study Japanese end up fluent before they could pass the N2
>>
>>14454905
>>14454225
>classical Chinese
you mean 古文?
Most Japanese who graduate junior high can read them, but they can't speak it. Even though Chinese can't speak it, either.
>>
Anyone else here who took it from sydney?
that girls phone going off holy kek
>>
>>14455073
yeah, 古文 and the style. personally I've been learning it to further my own understanding of kanji after I realized that Japanese isn't really a "kanji language" even though it uses them heavily.
>>
>>14452999
If they were native speakers, they don't have to take JLPT not only N3 but N2 and N1 in the first place.
>>
>>14455187
So you mean 漢文訓読?
>>
How hard is the JPLT 5?
>>
>>14455254
Knowing "konnichiwa" might be enough to pass it.

(Actually I don't know, I only took N4 and N2 as of yet.)
>>
>>14454214
A STEM degree
>>
>>14455231
論語, 孟子, 詩經, 春秋. The usual stuff. I study it independently of the Japanese language, which I can more or less speak already. (also this apparently has no relation to this thread anymore)
>>
>>14455260
How is the N4?

I've been studying Japanese for two years, and want to know what level I should study for.
>>
>>14455289
I believe you should be 100% fine on N4. On N3 even. I guess you could also find people on the internet, who would mock you for not having N1 already, after 2 years of study.

One thing I thought was weird was that N4's listening felt harder to me than N2's listening, which I took a year later. Perhaps my listening comprehension got better over the year, but still, it was weird.
>>
>>14455254
Not that hard. I passed N5 and N4 without finishing any book (finished half of Genki, didn't even start on MNN 2), and only used Tae Kim mobile guide.

But I focused myself on vocab and kanji. That fucked me up on the long run because I shat myself on N3 grammar yesterday.
>>
>>14454510
>>14452999
Gonna take N3 next time and this thread is scaring me
Was it june? Around when do they start taking entry?
>>
I think I fucked up the N5 listening part. I hope I won't be below the 19 points, that would be embarrassing.
>>
>>14455073
No, I mean
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_Chinese
>>
>>14455262
Actually they only take engineering/business degrees.
>>
>>14455872
Why the FUCK would you even bother with anything below N3? N5 is literally kindergarten level, and N4 isn't much better.

Well, enjoy your ``certification'', I guess.
>>
>>14456708
I know it's worthless, but I can get credits for my engineering school by passing it so I did it anyway.
>>
File: 1432397923468.jpg (237 KB, 840x1200) Image search: [Google]
1432397923468.jpg
237 KB, 840x1200
So at what level can people start translating VN?
>>
>>14456912
never. fuck enabling eop-scum.
>>
>>14456912
It really depends on what you're reading and unless there's a lot of jargon N2 should be mostly sufficient. I think.
>>
tfw live in Japan but language skill is terrible.

Guess that's better than mastering the language in Fayetteville though :^)
>>
>>14456927
have you ever read a translation in your life
>>
>>14458238
tfw kive in japan but language skill if okay and getting better

Gues that's better than being terrible though :^)
>>
>>14457544
I can read most manga without a dictionary, and the grammar is no problem.

However, I literally cannot write more than basic sentences, and I cannot reliable transcript Japanese.

This is what being lazy gets you.
>>
>>14458486
>the grammar is no problem.

Did you ever see N1 grammar?
>>
>>14458555
It's just regular stuff. I bought the Shinkanzen Master grammar book for N1 before taking it and none of the weirder stuff I saw in there was even on the exam.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.