[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any Jap movies about the Yamato and Musashi? I know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 5cca06697f1d50317a013b94f19b56b2.jpg (650 KB, 1280x1135) Image search: [Google]
5cca06697f1d50317a013b94f19b56b2.jpg
650 KB, 1280x1135
Are there any Jap movies about the Yamato and Musashi? I know they didn't do much against our planes and such, but I wonder if those people glorified the sailors and the ship years later after the war. I've seen movies about the Bismarck and some of our battleships. Kantai Collection is bringing back some of my interest in Naval history. J

Appreciate it,
>>
>Fictional story about anthropomorphic battleships is bringing back interest in real life events
>Expecting the Japanese to bring up the defeat of WW2 any time, any where

The Yamato is the most overhyped Japanese ship ever. It couldn't even match against a smaller U.S. Destroyers.

It was a shit ship, with its biggest significance being that it was fucking huge and heavily armed.

Stick to the fantasy stuff.
>>
There was one 2005 film for the 60th anniversary just called "Yamato".
>>
The closer nips will get to glorify their defeat is trough anime or some other niche medium. The jews that control cinema won't ever allow it.
>>
>>14413154
I know. I suppose I just wanted to see the squinty eyes yell cowabunga and shoot off a huge shell or two. Or maybe some fictional act of heroism that could take up an hour and a half or two.

Fyi, I was in the us navy briefly as an AT or airdale as some say.

>>14413168
Thank you, Already saw the latest Starblazers live action movie. Was neato I suppose.
>>
>>14413085
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reng%C5%8D_Kantai_Shirei_Ch%C5%8Dkan:_Yamamoto_Isoroku_%282011_film%29
Here you go. At the point where the film ends, it is sad yet you feel relieved you won't have to watch through the events that followed. Apart from the traditional japanese army vs navy stuff, I think this gives a good general picture of how things went.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.