[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To all of you on /jp/ that can speak fluent Japanese, how long
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: kamisamma.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
kamisamma.png
2 MB, 1366x768
To all of you on /jp/ that can speak fluent Japanese, how long did it take you to learn?
>>
>>14402465
As long as it takes you to fap
>>
File: cheh.png (348 KB, 584x620) Image search: [Google]
cheh.png
348 KB, 584x620
>>14402473
B-but I'm being serious.
>>
Is this manga worth picking up?
>>
Around 4 years, with one year spent in Japan before university
>>
About as long as it took me to learn Vietnamese.
Now THIS is funposting!
>>
He's far form fluent, but a friend of mine studied Japanese on and off for a while, and then went for a year of full time distance study, university level. Apparently he's now just about getting to the point where he can start getting to grips with normal sentences rather than preschool children's books and specially constructed teaching examples, assuming he's got plenty of time and a dictionary at hand.
>>
>>14402484
if it's for a noble cause like fapping then you will learn in no time
>>
I've studied on and off for a couple years. I can't speak anywhere near fluently, but eroge and manga pretty much pose no problem if I have a dictionary unless it's something like Muramasa. Speaking is a lot harder than reading and comprehending.
>>
>>14402491
Definitely. The ending leaves you wanting more though.
>>
File: 1390989063406.png (51 KB, 211x200) Image search: [Google]
1390989063406.png
51 KB, 211x200
I've been studying it for over 10 years and I STILL suck at kanji.
But it's a pretty basic language if you just want to speak it. The grammar is piss-easy compared to English. I'd say you could learn fluent Moonspeak in about three or four years, as long as you don't concentrate on the written portion.
>>
What is a criteria of ''fluent''? Most people who lived in Japan around 3years or so speaks good Japanese, I guess. But, Their Japanese doesn't sound like native speaker.

日本語でいう「流暢」って言葉と英語の「fluent」っていう言葉には多少のニュアンスの違いみたいなものがあるのかな?
何はともあれ今俺が書いてるこの文がスラスラ読めたら結構日本語うまいってことだと思うよ。
勉強がんばってね
>>
>>14403677
読むことはできるが、このような文章は書けないな…もう4年間勉強してきたし、その中の1年間は日本で過ごした。
その「何はともあれ」の使い方、教えてもらえないかな?
>>
I've been learning Japanese for ~3 years in a rather ad hoc fashion, but my Japanese is still shit; ie, I cannot read a book without looking shit up every page or two. Posts like >>14403677 and >>14403713 are fine but they're not exactly breaking the vocabulary bank.

My writing is worse than my reading, which is worse than my listening, which is godawful.
>>
>>14403713
文章が上手だね!
「何はともあれ」って言葉は他の言葉で言い表すと「とにかく」って意味かな
英語でいうanywayが近い意味だと思う
>>
For me, about 3 years of classes plus one year of living in JP to get "fluent" enough to read VNs/LNs etc. without constantly referring to dictionary. Another 4 years in JP after that until started to feel "pretty much native".
>>
>>14403764
>they're not exactly breaking the vocabulary bank.

Really? I didn't know that. Can you correct my sentence?
I couldn't expect I got a mistake in this thread.
>>
>>14403845
英語のことじゃないよ
お前が書いた日本語の文章はそれほど難しい単語を含んでないからスラスラと読めたんだけど、と言ってる
Breaks the bankって英語で調べてみな
>>
>>14403906
なるほどね
4chではなるべくわかりやすいように文章を書くよう心掛けてるよ
見たところ君の日本語は上手に見えるけど、それでも日本語の本を読むのは大変なのかい?
>>
>>14403929
>>14403764は俺じゃない
>>14403845さんがなんか勘違いしてたみたいだから横から突っ込み入れたくなっただけ
日本語の本は読めるよw
>>
File: 2359295-ringo.png (192 KB, 432x640) Image search: [Google]
2359295-ringo.png
192 KB, 432x640
>>14403713
何はともあれ......レッツ!ぷよ勝負!
>>
>>14403929
読めば読むほど読みやすくなるよ

それに読んでる作家の文章に慣れるから最初は難しくても頑張れるならなんとかなる筈だし
>>
>>14404032
英語じゃなくて日本語の間違いを指摘されたと勘違いしたんだよ
一瞬不安になったわ
>>
I'm flying to Japan for a years stay pretty soon,I hope to study for a few hours everyday at home.

Wish me luck /jp/
>>
>>14404722
ganbatte senpai
>>
>>14404722
Don't forget to wear your kimono every day.
>>
>>14404722
Don't forget to come to the annual fuyucomi cock sucking meet
>>
>>14402465
30 minutes. If it takes you any longer you must be a fucking retard.
>>
>>14408519
this desu. i started learning roughly an hour ago and im already fluent in both the kanji and akira dialects.
nippon is so easy desu yes?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.