[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Touhou so immensely popular in the west?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: USA USA USA.png (1 MB, 1500x1677) Image search: [Google]
USA USA USA.png
1 MB, 1500x1677
Why is Touhou so immensely popular in the west?
>>
File: tumblr_nmyj51OMuw1qea0nso1_1280.jpg (558 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmyj51OMuw1qea0nso1_1280.jpg
558 KB, 707x1000
What? It's not. At least compared to Japan and China where everyone and their mom knows Touhou. Touhou in the west remains a niche interest/curiosity
>>
>>14380373
>2hu popular in the west
not really
>west sees 2hus memes
>"omg so kawaiii"
>"wut anime is this?"
>>
I suspect a lot of generic Western anime/manga fans have heard of Touhou but not many get into it. Personally, I had heard of Touhou in passing several years before I looked into what it actually was. I only finally got into it because I was looking for interesting games to play, and ended up playing EoSD. I've been stuck here ever since.
>>
>>14380491
Is it really that popular in Japan?
I thought it was just an otaku thing. It's not like it even has a commercial manga or something like that.
>>
>>14380373
it was just another cute girl shooter that had enough characters to fap to that was made by a drunk programmer
>>
>>14380373
It's not.

>>14380880
It's not.

Do yourselves a favor and go outside.
>>
>>14381029
Towards Japan, nothing is, if we just take the numbers of the whole population as the majority.
Though if said for the people with otaku interests, I'm pretty sure the release graphs for Comiket speaks for itself.
>>
>>14381197
>football is popular among football fans
>>
>>14381248
>And that amount of football fans outrun the number of non-football fans by a longshot
Are you unable to properly use the process of thought?
>>
>>14381248
That's not even the correct analogy, rather it would be 'football is popular among sports fans".
>>
>>14380880

Yeh.

They air it on TV and everything.
>>
>Why is Touhou so immensely popular in the west?

Same reason for its popularity anywhere else. Most young guys struggle to get laid so they spend their time/money on girlgames instead of dating.
>>
>>14382895

Better use of time.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.