[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how come in japanese tv shows the women don't speak unless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: ee.jpg (165 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
ee.jpg
165 KB, 800x449
how come in japanese tv shows the women don't speak unless spoken to?
>>
Because that is the markings of a pure culture.
>>
>>14352950
Hohoho.
>>
>>14352947
gr8 b8 m8
>>
That's how it should be.
>>
>>14352947
Because Japan has the right idea when it comes to sex and race relations.
>>
>>14356204
>Because Japan has the right idea when it comes to sex

No

>Because Japan has the right idea when it comes to race relations.

Yes
>>
They know their place.
>>
I haven't seen that.
>>
>how come in japanese tv shows the women don't speak unless spoken to

you seem to be watching the wrong shows
>>
I'm a guy and I generally don't speak unless I'm spoken to.

How fucked am I, socially?
>>
I do feel kind of bad sometimes when I'm watching Japanese TV, mostly old shit, and all the women are just kinda standing there while the guys chat about shit

Doesn't seem to be as bad now a days though
>>
>>14358447
Most women you see on variety shows are announcers, idols, actressess, singers, musicians or tarento (ie. undefined TV personalities). Announcers obviously have their specific purpose, but the rest either appear to promote their own works (upcoming movie/album/whatever) or are used to gain ratings.
Comedians are used for literally everything. They have to do talk for their living and an overwhelming majority of them are male, so women not speaking as much on screen isn't exactly a mystery.
>>
wish it would still be like that in the west too
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.