[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
エロゲスレ/Untranslated VN General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
Previous thread: >>14299706

This thread is for the discussion of untranslated Japanese visual novels.

What are you playing? What are you looking forward to? What have you finished? You know the drill.
>>
Is this Katawa Shoujo?
>>
>>14319188
As expected of someone who reads a lot, you are illiterate.
>>
Is you want to see the scale of Koikake disaster, just walk in any eroge store in Akihabara. Heaps of used copies for sale.

I wonder what was Niijima Yuu thinking. The game has super cute are and had good hype, that's the recipe for success. And all for nothing.
>>
>>14319210
Some people liked it.
>>
>>14319092
Any clue when to expect a translation?
I tried to use machine translation, but nothing seems to work, not even my brain.
>>
>>14319092
Haha, I'm doing a translation of this already. The creator said it's pretty much an ukagaka made in tyrano builder so it's been fairly easy to work on. Sylvie is just adorable.
>>
>>14319220
Her name is Sylvie..? Nawhh, even more cute.
Also thank You kindly for the work upfront.
>>
>>14319218
>Any clue when to expect a translation?
It's translated for fucks sake.
>I tried to use machine translation
Aha, so you knew it's translated! What the fuck was your question even for, dumbass?
>>
>>14319224
Uh, by machine translation I meant using Chiitrans, Atlas and what not. Or something like that. Didn't really work out despite following instructions.

And if it's already translated, then mind linking it?
I seem to have trouble finding a translation.
>>
>>14319199
What?
>>
>>14319234
Seems like its unhookable with ITH or aght, thats why those translations didnt work.

I think there are 2-3 different people working on this so waiting for translation is a better choice.
>>
>>14319238
>What?
I said "As expected of someone who reads a lot, you are illiterate".
I should have known you wouldn't be able to understand it, since you are illiterate.
>>
>>14319254
Im not the guy, but even I am confused by Your speech now.
>>
>>14319092
Sylvie a cute. Can't wait for those translations.
>>
EOPs fuck OFF
>>
>>14319092
Healing broken girl feels good. Any other real eroge with the same theme?
>>
>>14319300
I'm also waiting answers for this.
>>
http://exhentai.org/g/867970/239d80226c/
>>
What's up with Koikake? Was it amazingly bad or something? it looked cute.
>>
>>14319353
Main heroine is an unlikable bitch and the writer is a dick or something who keeps trolling his audience on Twitter.
>>
>>14319353
Bonus ending for one of the routes pissed off almost everybody and left a rather bad aftertaste. Writer did it on purpose apparently and is being an asshole about it
>>
File: Untitled.png (92 KB, 1325x497) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
92 KB, 1325x497
Is it really the 5th best eroge ever made?
>>
>>14319378
No.
>>
>>14319378
No and thinking that ranking is actually correct with that little amount of votes is laughable, you should also ignore CHAOS;CHILD as well. Don't forget that it's all opinionated as well.
>>
>>14319378
It's top 10 arguably
>>
>>14319378
Try asking again when the votes break 500
>>
>>14319378
I actually think it's better than SubaHibi so take that for what you will.
>>
>>14319378
Stema
>>
>>14319412
I doubt any relevant company is low enough to upvote their own games on EGS.
>>
>>14319365
>>14319362
Is it that bad if it's only a bonus ending? Does it somehow ruin the other routes as well?
>>
>>14319453
Thankfully it's completely separate from the other routes or the game would be getting lambasted by quite alot more people
>>
>>14319453
It makes the main heroine route absolutely shit, the other routes are unaffected thankfully.
>>
>>14319463
>>14319460
I'll keep this in mind when I play it, then. Thank you.
>>
>>14319259sa
Not even him but are you fucking retarded as well? Jesus
>>
>>14319210
>Heaps of used copies for sale.
Good.
>>
>>14319378
Most of votes come from completely new accounts, and even then total count is many times less than what actual good game should have. VNDB admin confirmed that some people were manipulating sakuuta rating even there, and you can see how scaji openly asks his zealots to hijack voting on moeawards.
>>
>>14319210
I like how whenever a writer dares do some unconventional butthurt otaku shit on them.
>>
>>14319423
I remember when Totono came out everyone insisted it was stema because of the Shimokura meme
>>
>>14319423
Heroin once banned frontwing ip range because they were manipulating votes right from their office. Its actually quite common for eroge devs to fake votes on EGS.
>>
File: BGI 2015-11-06 23-43-46-14.jpg (115 KB, 1364x768) Image search: [Google]
BGI 2015-11-06 23-43-46-14.jpg
115 KB, 1364x768
Finished Sakura no Uta. Was kind of bizarre, not in an intersting way. There sure is a distinct lack of charming characters and genuine, believable character interaction in this game. I'm a bit confused how Sca-ji decided to write a normal ass charage and not at least try a tiny bit to hold back on his intellectual diarrhea in order to make character interactions more natural. Instead you get shit like pic related.

An entire cast of characters who feel samey as fuck, all of them part-time philosophers who think that quoting classic literature makes for good small talk. At some point you, as a writer, kind of have to realize that random ass Izakaya part-time girl is now talking about Wittgenstein. Why. Get a fucking grip already Sca-ji, you're not writing Subahibi anymore.
>>
>>14319300
I know plenty of raising sims but nothing like 奴隷との生活. Would want to know myself if there's something full-length with same charming atmosphere.

Btw, game already sold over 12000 copies at 2000 JPY price point in one week, topping weekly/monthly/all-time charts. Shows how much audience is starved for something not dumb school moege or same dumb rapege.
>>
>>14319552
Yeah, sure took some time for someone to figure out that humiliation through Ork-rape is not supposed to be the one and only ultimate expression of the genre.
>>
>>14319378
In my opinion yes. But people don't like good stuff apparently.
>>
>>14319540
Try the old trial then.
>>
>>14319300
>healing
The game description seems to say that you can play it a number of ways (including platonic, apparently). Is there a brutal route in the game, or is it all more or less positive?
>>
>>14319606
She will die in few days if you are treating her badly, but option is there.
>>
>>14319378
If you ask me it's definitely better than fate/stay night for sure. I think Sakuuta should stay in the top 10.
>>
>>14319521
Eh vndb has a lot of posters giving free 10s. See MLA and Angel Beats. Admin is biased against Scaji.
>>
>>14319658
Its not about 10/10 rating, its about same person having multiple accounts, https://vndb.org/t3943.268 and #270
>>
>>14319378
>Chaos;Child
>>
>>14319687
It seems like all the 14 people who own XBONE in Japan voted high just to justify their ownership of irrelevant console.
>>
>>14319521
>scaji openly asks his zealots to hijack voting on moeawards.

He put a reminder on his twitter telling people to vote for sakura no uta if they wanted, is that really so evil?
>>
>>14319722
When companies like light put it in the title screen of their games, not at all.
>>
File: ddavidsonmissingwittyspoint.jpg (160 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
ddavidsonmissingwittyspoint.jpg
160 KB, 1366x768
>>14319540
The funny thing is how there is a somewhat 'natural' Mishima quote just before that, just because both sides didn't knew and didn't mention the source. It is a poor trick and does not manage to camouflage the main gimmick of every big conversation in the game, but, at least it is "trying" to camouflage, adding the fact of being a national reference. It would be a lot easier to sympathize with all the 都合主義 and hivemindness if they were a bit more discreet like that. Heck, even Subahibi which had an goddamn transcendental excuse for being a hivemind, and even SupreCan which was nothing but Sca-ji fucking around were more discreet. Zypressen and that last chapter was particularly horrible, and again, I could even forgive characters sprouting from the asphalt for the script size's sake, but not when it's so frequent.
Oh well, but still, I have to say the second chapter and Derangement were exceptionally good. This last one managed to allude Donald Davidson several times so naturally I doubt somebody not familiar with philosophy of action will even notice, managing the simple task of making the reader understand the theme without it. All that erudition would fit way better if the game was done like that.
>>
How do you people deal with H-scene spam in character routes? I'm getting too old for this, I can't stop to fap every time and if I'm not fapping I can hardly find the motivation to go through them. Do you just skip them?
>>
>>14319962
Zypressen seems to be the chapter everyone is hyping up. Nonomi looks cute, by the way.
>>
>>14320107
Lately I either skip with ctrl or just skim by spamming enter and skimming over for key words.
>>
>>14320107
What else is there to do but skip?
>>
>>14319699
It's actually very good. I don't know about tied for third best ever good but it's definitely among the best.
>>
>>14320248
It's better than Chaos;Head and arguably better or equal with Steins;Gate but it's nowhere near being the bests
>>
>>14320107
I slow down my pace to maybe one or two scenes a day, unless my penis decides it's ready for several in a row.
>>
>>14320107
Start another game, and when I wanna fap I return the H-scene spam one, read & fap and close when I hit another h-scene.

It takes a while but at least I'm enjoying with this way.
>>
>>14320130
Zypressen and that last chapter were particularly horrible, I meant.
>>
>>14320357
I know.
>>
>>14320107
I don't fap to vanilla shit since I don't have bad taste.
>>
https://mimidoshima.wordpress.com/2015/10/30/ask-fm-2/comment-page-1/#comment-270

Thoughts?
>>
>>14320475
That's an exceptionally good post.
>Douglas Adams may be a British writer and he loves using the dry humor that is quintessentially british, but he is Douglas Adams. No amount of wishing and longing will bring him back from the dead.
RIP
>>
>>14320447
Fapping to edgy shit is just as bad or worse.
>>
>>14320475
lmao these nerds are comparing scaji to Shakespeare
>>
>>14319365
Now I'm interested. What did the writer do to piss off so many people? Is it NTR?
>>
>>14320566
Music NTR, it's a new genre based on the NTR experts
>>
>>14320566
In ending heroine said she was using protag and had no feelings for him then dropped him yet another time (3rd) to play in music band again.
>>
>>14320572
I consider all opinions on it worthless unless fhc voices his own
>>
>>14320475
literally who
>>
File: Benkei[A-1 Announcement].png (1020 KB, 1200x1349) Image search: [Google]
Benkei[A-1 Announcement].png
1020 KB, 1200x1349
>>14319378
You could always find out what the (probably) non-fake accounts are voting for if you run this script.

http://pastebin.com/85HjucTv
>>
>>14319643
I liked SakuUta but no way. And I don't even like Type Moon.
>>
>>14321059
Thanks. Those are some sick SQL skills.
>>
>>14319460
I heard it's the true route.
>>
>>14321201
It's not that hard to be better than FSN and I say that as someone who like it
Try to give it a reread sometime and you'll see
>>
>>14321059
So a 90 median, still really great
>>
>>14321230
It's not hard to be consistently better but few games reach the heights F/SN did, and I would say, as "autistic" as many may consider it, the nasuverse is very fleshed out and interesting to both explore and discuss, which is something not many other games can accomplish.
>>
>>14321229
Its not true route, but "Last Episode" (which is Sena after and most of those shit happens at there) unlocks after you finish all four routes.
>>
>>14319210
I saw tons of posts saying they would sell it, but I didn't think they would actually do it. That's hilarious. Do you have pics?
>>
>>14321241
The "nasuverse" is barely used in FSN

Also
>but few games reach the heights F/SN did
You probably just see it with rose tinted glasses or just don't have much experience in the media

At the very least the "heights" of SakuUta are definitely much stronger than FSN's while being more consistent overall.
>>
>>14321258
I'm mainly speaking from a, I guess, "chuuni" perspective, rather than a literary perspective.
>>
>>14319531
Read why they got frustrated first rather than immediately assuming they're being whiny. It seems it's rage inducing enough to be posted in the NTR blog.
>>
>>14321260
So why do you bring the comparison with SakuUta?
And honestly even from a "chuuni" perspective FSN doesn't go that high, I mean it probably did in 2004 (and even then nothing in FSN compare to the 三つ巴 of Paralost that was released before FSN) but stuff like Muramasa and Dies Irae were released since then

I don't deny what FSN did, I like it overall like I said earlier but seeing it from an objective pov, or at least as objective as some random person on /jp/ can be, I really don't think it compares with the bests in term of pure intrinsic quality.
>>
>>14321289
>So why do you bring the comparison with SakuUta?
I dunno, this image maybe >>14319378
>>
>>14319540
God, thanks. I thought the exact same thing but didn't want to stir shit. Characters don't seem to have different opinions either, so they all look like Scaji's self inserts. I liked it overall, but I think this aspect got uncomfortable too often.
>>
>>14320107
You skip them and only fap if you find one that's too good, you come later to the scene gallery, that's what it's there for.

I love games with system voice that says an uncomfortable joke when entering the h scene gallery.
>>
>>14320107
>How do you people deal with H-scene spam in character routes?
Completely depends on how much I like the artwork and the length of the route. It'll either end up with tons of edging or taking quite a bit longer to finish due to age.

Otherwise I just read the first scene in a route to see if plot important stuff will actually happen in the sex scenes, if not then I just end up skipping all of them. Despite this I love how eroge has ero content even if I ignore the large majority of it
>>
>>14321251
Nah, didn't take pics. It was funny in Kamifusen, on the shelves I only saw like one copy, so I thought this store is an exception, but then behind the counter they had like twelve more on the floor.
>>
>>14321303
Most people thought that, don't think people are just blinding following the hype or something.
It's just that most people also saw beyond that

If you still think of Sakura no Uta as a normal charage by the end you'll definitely feel that strongly, but if you actually notice the structure, the road paved by Sca-ji and how far it reaches, you'll understand why it's so praised

I mean do you think Father Zossima wall of text in The Brother Karamazov for example wasn't Dostoyevsky talking directly to the readers and character? And yet here is one of the most acclaimed novels of all time.
Writers using mouth-pieces in great works isn't anything new.

Though to refute some of these things, first Sakura no Uta did it better than Subahibi.
The other guy said:
"An entire cast of characters who feel samey as fuck, all of them part-time philosophers "
Most of the characters have been educated as Artists since they were young, their personal philosophies were built on what they learned.

For example Naoya, most of his philosophy were built on the history of art in general or 春日狂想 that were introduced by his father, the Happy Prince by Rin and Dickinson by Friedman
He picked up, built up his personal world which tie very well with the whole 因果交流電燈

Likewise the only other character who really spam that kind of thing is Rin who is a bookworm and well what she is.
You don't see Kei for example talking philosophy and shit because he wasn't built like this.

And for the samey thing, it's just a gross exaggeration, Rin and Naoya for example see the world in 2 completely different ways and most of the characters are in complete different kind of delirium, Rina and Yuumi's stuff for example is more of a view on their own persona that any philosophy stuff

Now I'll agree that the Nonoki's thing at the end was kind of clumsy but we know next to nothing about her so who say she doesn't have a backstory that will make that kind of remark understandable.

At the very least she has a hidden naked tachi-e so she will probably have a route in Sakura no Toki so wait and see
>>
>>14321425
>And yet here is one of the most acclaimed novels of all time
Something being acclaimed has nothing to do with its quality. Just look at Hemingway.
>>
>>14321436
The Brother Karamazov is godlike though
Source: me
>>
>>14321436
>Something being acclaimed has nothing to do with its quality
Correlation doesn't imply causation, but it strongly winks and nudges in the general derection
>>
>>14321438
There's no correlation either, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>14321446
Well now you're just getting defensive to the point of not even thinking about what you're typing. Anon typed out a fairly long post about his thoughts, you zeroed in on a single point and made meaningless, shallow "correction", and now you're defending it despite having no ground to stand on. Shameful anon.
>>
>>14321425
>I mean do you think Father Zossima wall of text in The Brother Karamazov for example wasn't Dostoyevsky talking directly to the readers and character?
You're mentioning one scene. We're talking about the entire Sakura no Uta work. Besides most of it is quoting. There aren't any new ideas in this work. It's why I took care of using the word wise, not smart, when describing Scaji.
>>
>>14321458
Does this look like a personal blog? I'm not that guy, but I think this guy should seriously just take his autism somewhere else.
>>
>>14321462
It looks like a VN discussion thread, and that looks like a post about VNs.
>>
It's like some people played a Sca-ji game without expecting it to be a Sca-ji game.

>>14321461
Half of Sakura no Uta is the characters being horny and joking about it. Philosophy unfit for the characters, right? (The sarcasm only made more hilarious, cause philosophy is fit for the characters too, like someone else explained here >>14321425)
>>
>>14321461
>We're talking about the entire Sakura no Uta work
No, you are maybe but I definitely don't agree about that

>There aren't any new ideas in this work
I like how that kind of thinking is actually called out in VI.
>>
>>14321470
>It's like some people played a Sca-ji game without expecting it to be a Sca-ji game.
Wow, not even a few minutes and we already got this argument. Same thing with Niijima's fans. Since it's "supposed to be like that" it seems you're not allowed to criticize any flaws you perceived.

Same as:
>Mileage may vary but for me Cross Channel, Ima, Subahibi, Sakura no Uta, Muramasa and Oretsuba should just be in the ‘how the hell were they written’ monster tier and not even be rated. If you start nitpicking at their flaws, it’s easy to find them but doing it with these titles in particular just feel tasteless to me.

It's ironic for readers who supposedly like the philosophical aspect of Scaji's works, to show such an incredibly anti-intellectual stance.
>>
>>14321458
Are you really that stupid? Do you understand what word "correlation" means?
In simple terms, for illiterate morons like you: if we have set of data {(xi, yi)} and we plot it on 2d space, degree of correlation would be degree of which dots could be aligned upon some imaginary straight line. 1.0 correlation means all dots align perfectly on one such line, while 0.0 means its evenly distributed cloud.

Anon >>14321436 at said that acclaim is not connected with quality, i.e. there is significant number of cases when acclaimed titles have terrible quality. This is very explicitly states that there's NO correlation between acclaim and quality (correlation coefficient is very low).
Yet you post some dumb shit about causation when it wasn't even mentioned or implied. This is not "meaningless correction", this is demonstration that you don't understand what are you posting about and that your >>14321438 is completely meaningless and you should kill yourself for shitting up thread with such dumb nonsense.
>>
>>14321498
>all this autism
>missing the point entirely
Can you just think before you post? I guess not because if you thought you'd realize how god-damn stupid and defensive you're being. Jesus Christ.
>>
I should just leave for a couple weeks until these threads go back to normal. All this sperging is just making me wish that they would have delayed sakuuta indefinitely again.
>>
>>14321503
There was no point. >>14321436 shot down your autistic bullshit, you tried to refute him in >>14321438 but because you are stupider than amoeba, you failed spectacularly and now trying to play down extent of your failure with bizarre "hurr durr defensive!111 dont argue with me!!1111" shit.
>>
>>14321470
No one said philosophy was "unfit" for the characters. It's just that the way it was presented was uncomfortable and made them look like self insert avatars. The rest of the scenes were fine. I saw 仮に very often during explanations, which is one of Scaji's pet words.
>>
>>14321512
same desu
>>
>>14321488
That didn't meant to stop thinking about them though, on the contrary
Nitpicking is really easy, seeing beyond that is harder and these works actually allow that

It's easy to judge things based on every little small flaws and small achievement, it's harder to catch the whole of something, its real intrinsic quality and when you do that I just don't think judging it based on a 10 or 100 scale is really relevant.

These works being "monstrous" to me just mean that I find their "whole" overwhelming compared to basically everything else in the media
>>
>>14321488
It's never a bad idea to create your expectations based on prior knowledge of the writer. (Don't tell me you believe the "反哲学的..." slogan.)

Criticize Sakura no Uta all you want, but don't be surprised others disagree with you, since their expectations were met.

And I want to accuse you of being anti-intellectual too. Because being surprised that a writer writers in his own style is pretty damn stupid of you.

>>14321518
>It's just that the way it was presented was uncomfortable
I don't really agree though.
>>
>>14321514
The only failure here is your and his extreme hostility to the point of mashing out argumentative posts without even thinking.
>you failed spectacularly and now trying to play down extent of your failure
Like what the fuck, man? This more than anything reveals your mindset, I want you to really calm down and evaluate this statement. However I don't know how you'll manage the time for that before rushing to type a condescending and angry response to this.
>>
Its amusing how sakuuta fans demand to ignore all sakuuta downsides and failures, yet post shit like
>I don't deny what FSN did, I like it overall like I said earlier but seeing it from an objective pov, or at least as objective as some random person on /jp/ can be, I really don't think it compares with the bests in term of pure intrinsic quality.
>>
>>14321526
>And I want to accuse you of being anti-intellectual too. Because being surprised that a writer writers in his own style is pretty damn stupid of you.
I have no words for this.
>>
>>14321536
This is by far the most generalizing post I've yet seen
>>
>>14321523
I don't see what you mean by "nitpicking". Are you implying flaws are to be ignored if the work was good as a whole? Are we not allowed to talk about them? What do you mean by "intrinsic quality"?
>>
>>14321537
It's more a word joke. That's why the "want to" is there.
>>
>>14321518
>It's just that the way it was presented was uncomfortable and made them look like self insert avatars
That I completely disagree, except for the Nonoki's scene that was a bit ??? Sca-ji did a really good job fitting and presenting these philosophies in a pretty natural fashion.

In term of pure vocabulary yeah the characters all tends to use the same わりかし and shits but I never said that Sca-ji was a great writer
Though I do think he has his own strengths as a writer, his ability to actually make all these quotations and shit fit and his "voice" that feel pretty honest but you probably don't agree with this.

Anyways Sakura no Uta is and should be a polarizing work, I'm actually really surprised it's getting so much love considering I expected it to be even more polarizing than Subahibi
>>
>>14321546
>Are you implying flaws are to be ignored if the work was good as a whole? Are we not allowed to talk about them?
A scratch on the Mona Lisa doesn't make it lesser, and pointing out the scratch as if it matters is tasteless.
I am just writing my impression of what he wrote, don't feel compelled to argue with me, I just wanted to shed some light.
>>
>>14321549
It's just long enough that most of the people who would hate it just wrote it off. Very few people are autistic enough to sit through nearly 3 MB of text they know they're going to hate.
>>
>>14321546
>Are you implying flaws are to be ignored if the work was good as a whole?
No, I just think people tend to focus far too much on things that in the end aren't that important.

When I say people I also count myself, I used/use to do it quite a bit, it's far easier to be negative and shit, to see the tiny flaw and think it ruins the experience
>>
>>14321549
>I'm actually really surprised it's getting so much love considering I expected it to be even more polarizing than Subahibi
I'm assuming it's because most people who read SakuUta days after release were already fans of Scaji, especially after waiting so much time. The rest are playing other stuff or are planning to play SakuUta later. SubaHibi on the other hand came fully as a surprise.
>>
>>14321558
>to see the tiny flaw and think it ruins the experience
Reminds me of "The Princess and the Pea"
>>
>>14321558
Your whole just basically means that we should ignore flaws. If a flaw is "tiny" or not is mostly subjective.
>>
>>14321549
SubaHibi was fundamentally different than SakuUta. I played SubaHibi for the denpa. Since SakuUta doesn't have the denpa aspect there's not much in store for me there.
>>
>>14321578
Maybe, I'm not saying you should agree with me.
It's just my own experience based on what I read, I just think that sometime you need to see beyond that.

I just wanted to rectify what you said about "incredibly anti-intellectual stance" aka stopping/refusing to think because it's really not about that.
>>
>>14321526
>but don't be surprised others disagree with you
The difference is that no one asked your opinion, you immediately felt the need to come out in masse to defend your idol.
>>
philosophy a shit
>>
>>14321604
Yes, people generally feel the need to defend things they like.

Also hey, noone asked these guys >>14319540
>>14321303 for their opinions either. Anyone can post rather freely on 4chan.
>>
>>14321512
>>14321519
It won't stop here, I hope you're ready for the sequel.
>>
The way the argument is developing makes it sound to me like all the heroines in sakuuta are basically Scaji lecturing on philosophy while cosplaying different girls.
>>
>>14321624
Rina is just calling herself a mushroom.
>>
>>14321526
>(Don't tell me you believe the "反哲学的..." slogan.)
This amuses me because someone in bbspink said Niijima and Scaji (and their fanbases) had similar behavior; pretty interesting to see the same thing happens here.

>being surprised that a writer writers in his own style
That's absolutely not the point of the argument.
>>
>>14321633
I'm not really familiar with Niijima's previous works, but I have heard about the Koikake fiasco. Did he do similar fuck yous in his previous works too?

Also I don't think Sca-ji did any such fuck yous. At least nothing comes to mind.
>>
>>14321624
Patch replacing the garbage art with photos of Sca-ji in varying wigs when?
>>
I thought Sakura no Uta was cool because of the structure and what VI did for the story in general. The way it criticized eroge and modern art in general was compelling. I also enjoyed the way it shed new light on some of Subahibi's ideas and presented them in a much more grounded and character driven way.

It still has terrible pacing just like Subahibi did and some of the developments were not as strong as they could have been, but I think the people in here arguing that it's not one of the best eroge in years are pretty silly.
>>
>>14321633
Niijima and Scaji are completely different and did their things for different reasons.
Nijiima just did it to shock the reader and probably because he has a fetish for separation, I mean look at Natsuyume Nagisa, Hatsuyuki Sakura and Majo Koi Nikki
>>
>>14319531
Well yeah? The medium is an escapist world for the majority of its users, if i buy a moege then i want a moege.
>>
>>14321641
>Did he do similar fuck yous in his previous works too?
As far as I know he kind of does, which is his charming point I guess, but he never did it with an heroine before.

>>14321649
It's more about the "you're idiots if you didn't expect this coming" thing, which comes off as circlejerk-ish.

>>14321647
>the people in here arguing that it's not one of the best eroge in years
I don't think anyone is doing that, at least now. Besides, eroge lately has been utter shit so that's another thing.
>>
It's the most indepth argument this thread had in months
Sakura no Uta is truly saving eroge
>>
>>14321663
To be honest it's a lot of people saying their opinions which is nice but all the actual discussion isn't that "in depth"
>>
>>14321666
He's talking comparatively.
Just like SakuUta is good, comparatively.
>>
Though I personally do seriously think that Zypressen, Epitaphs, V and VI are some of the best things in eroge, easily
>>
For Zypressen I liked how Nakahara Chuuya's Shunjitsu Kyousou bound it all together.

First Naoya mumbles it after the loss of his mom and actually lives by it by sacrificing his last painting ability for Rina in a form of fleeting picture that will disappear soon. It only exists for Rina.

Yuumi witnesses that and years later sees how Rina and Naoya are getting closer together. She also embraces Chuuya's words and while her feelings are strong enough to make the sakura bloom, she sacrifices them for Rina's happiness. I think everyone's likely to sympathise with Yuumi, especially since much of the chapter is told from her point of view. And the 斯くして私は乙女を愛した part especially helps this.

It all comes back together in the last scene of Marchen, where Yuumi recites the whole poem and throws the book away bidding it farewell. Simple scene with obvious point, but very effective. Probably because it used such simple gesture as throwing the book away to make its point.
>>
Reminder that subahibi was NOT a denpa game outside of a bait and switch in the first chapter, and the only bad parts of sakura no uta are the parts scaji didn't write.
>>
>>14321741
i thought everybody knew this... but seriously just skip Makoto's route. even if you like her character.
>>
>>14321663
its the only eroge worth discussing so far this year. and no best girl competition too
>>
>>14321886
>its the only eroge worth discussing so far this year
Are you baiting
>>
>>14321408
damn when will writers learn not to piss off their fanbase lol. oh well at least Sakura no Uta turned out great (fanbase waited 14 years for it)
>>
>>14321408
There was this guy who said he bought it on a whim and the store clerk looked a bit puzzled and lightly asked him "Are you sure you want this one?". He didn't pay it much attention until he saw the shitstorm in the thread. But it seems it's still getting okay scores in EGS, the rest of the routes are fine so I guess they're not being complete assholes about it.
>>
Is Sakura no Uta actually better than SubaHibi, though?
>>
>>14322539
Moogy gave SubaHibi a 9.2 and Sakura no Uta a 9.0, so no.
>>
>>14322539
Depends on who you ask.
>>
>>14322578
Who gives a fuck.
>>
>>14322886
Anyone who doesn't is just being edgy.
>>
>>14319278
I'm talking to the creator about it already. Fans in the US need to experience this.

Feels like old /jp/ again. Back doing the cracking of fortune summoners.
>>
>>14322957
Disgusting
>>
File: true QUALITY.png (845 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
true QUALITY.png
845 KB, 1280x720
>>14321643
What's wrong, anon? Don't you want to fuck her?
>>
>>14322051
>they're not being complete assholes about it.
They are though, most scores are people whining about the last route and how unforgivable it is for a writer to do that.
>>
File: 1369359761327.jpg (25 KB, 221x221) Image search: [Google]
1369359761327.jpg
25 KB, 221x221
>>14319092
I keep trying the saint route, and she keeps dying.
Am I stupid?
I can't handle these feels.
>>
>>14323068
There's a .txt file with hints in the game folder.
>>
>>14323068
I've got past her illness on first try without even reading any hints.
Its very easy: no rape, buy her clothes.
>>
>>14319092
So what game is this and where can I get it?
Yes, I know what it says in the image name but googling it gives nothing relevant.
>>
>>14323140
You could also try reading thread. I've posted jp name >>14319552
>>
>>14323141
Thanks. I must have missed it when I was skimming over the SakuUta posting.
>>
>>14323068
1. Choose the nicest options.
2. Don't rape her.
3. Keep patting her head.

It's that simple.
>>
>>14319092
dl link PLS
>>
>>14323557
fuck off
>>
>>14323567
i beg you fo fuk's sake
this is something i wanna play
and i tried searching already
GIBE
>>
Seems like it was mistake to use non-VN eroge as OP pic, didn't expect it would attract so much unwanted attention.
>>
>>14323573
This thread is a disaster zone.
>>
>>14319092
When I first saw OP's image, I thought he was grabbing her by her hair and slamming her head against the dresser (hence the bleeding). The accompanying text was...confusing.
>>
>>14319092
Give me a torrent of this.

I refuse to pay any money to shit, weeaboo-infested shrimp-fucking economy.
>>
>>14323615
Fuck OFF
>>
File: 1446898284999.gif (405 KB, 416x379) Image search: [Google]
1446898284999.gif
405 KB, 416x379
>>14319092
Keeping a platonic relationship like a tru gent™ that I am
>>
>>14323577
That's nothing new.
>>
>>14323699
It's even worse than normal though.
>>
>>14323708
You must have missed summer threads. Got much better since then.
>>
File: whay.png (816 KB, 932x406) Image search: [Google]
whay.png
816 KB, 932x406
>>14323713
How do I read these numbers, is it just addition? The 筋力 column, for instance, is 5 orange and 5 green - does that mean the value ranges from 11*5+21*5 to 20*5+30*5 (160-250)?
>>
>>14321425
>At the very least she has a hidden naked tachi-e so she will probably have a route in Sakura no Toki so wait and see

Can you post this?
>>
>>14319092
Someone give me a h-code for this, or some way to hook it. ITH or visual novel reader doesnt work.
>>
>>14323922
The way the engine works makes hooking it impossible. Better start studying japanese if you want to play it.
>>
>Mileage may vary but for me Cross Channel, Ima, Subahibi, Sakura no Uta, Muramasa and Oretsuba should just be in the ‘how the hell were they written’ monster tier and not even be rated. If you start nitpicking at their flaws, it’s easy to find them but doing it with these titles in particular just feel tasteless to me.

I can't help but wonder why people like this even bother with eroge. The majority of the medium focuses in completely different things compared to these works. It's simply unfair and stupid to compare something like Daitoshokan with Saihate no Ima. Why not just go read japanese literature if you thirst so much for "philosophical" or "deep" themes? Why go through a medium that very rarely offers what you want when there's another where countless works are on par with the ones you admire so much?
>>
>>14323950
I'm not one of those pretentious faggots, but what would even be the point of reading that shit if it doesn't have cute girl sprites saying it and jumping around the screen?
>>
>>14323950
>The majority of the medium focuses in completely different
Thinking these titles are at another level doesn't mean devalue other titles you know
I really like Daitoshokan by the way
>>
>>14323950
I disagree with the
>it’s easy to find them but doing it with these titles in particular just feel tasteless to me.
part. It's a stupid 'Don't diss what I like'.
>>
>>14323829
I read it like lifebars.
It passed the orange bar and into the green bar.
so 25 kinryoku
>>
>>14324054
Thanks, anon.
>>
Does anyone own the Liar OST discs (1, 2, 3)? I'm trying to find the kusarihime ost arrange versions. ty. Also, amazing game, probably in my top 3 favorites.
Back to rereading subahibi before sakuuta
>>
>>14323829
What game is that?
>>
>>14324086
Kajiri Kamui Kagura
>>
>>14323950
>It's simply unfair and stupid to compare something like Daitoshokan with Saihate no Ima.
I don't think he did that.
>>14323991
>It's a stupid 'Don't diss what I like'.
No it isn't.
>>
>>14321425
Sakuuta has a gigantic cast and yet you can count the number of characters who don't throw some book qote at the reader at some point on a single hand. It's weird as hell because you're constantly reminded that these characters really are just tools for Scaji to ramble about art and aestheticism and shit without even attempting to be subtle about it. This is honestly where he completely fails as a writer, you can't have this kind of shit happening several times in every route:

"Long-ass book quote out of fucking nowhere"
"But what does this have to do with what we were talking about just now?"
"I don't know lol" (you the reader should be figuring this out *wink wink*)

Or another one of my favorites is when someone starts with "Do you know the story of [insert anecdote of some artist here]?"
No I probably don't know his lifestory. Let's converse how humans usually do please. Even Yuumi who says that she can't keep up with this shit needs to participate because Scaji just can't fucking help himself. People saying that characters feel samey have a really strong case with this game because the writer himself doesn't give a shit, he just has to get his philozophizing out there no matter how in-your-face it is.
>>
>>14322539
On par i suppose. Some people actually like it less than subahibi but i think its better.
>>
>>14324244
It was the same in Subahibi. Yes, at least there's an excuse for it, but it doesn't make it any less ham-handed. It's because of this I can't enjoy Sca-ji's works. If only Sca-ji could be more subtle.
>>
>>14324244
I thought it was fine aide from the ending of chapter 5, that was basically verbal diarrhea that could have been way less pretentious than it was.
>>
>>14324244
>"I don't know lol" (you the reader should be figuring this out *wink wink*)

makes me feel smart when I figure it out desu
>>
>>14324244
>"I don't know lol" (you the reader should be figuring this out *wink wink*)
I agree with most of what you said but I think asking readers to think for a while is a good thing. I prefer it when he hints the answer later in the story, though (not directly but through events or symbolism is fine).
>>
>>14324276
It didn't bother me in Subahibii but this sounds absolutely hilarious.
>>
>>14324085
All three discs were on Share a long time ago. Probably impossible to download now.
>>
>>14324276
Lack of subtlety is a problem of most works in the otaku media if not in all japanese works of fiction in general
>>
>>14324522
Without addresseing the generalization shit aside that is pretty retarded, not everything has to be "subtle"

Sca-ji wrote Sakura no Uta in a way that it embraces all these quotations and philosophies and structured a story out of this, that's all.

There isn't a definite way to write something you know, it's justa question of how well you do it.
Personally I thought the way Sca-ji combined Shunjitsu Kyousou and Happy Prince for example to build Naoya's character or the way he built a thematic "bridge" between Sakura no Uta and Subahibi using Dickinson's 126 poem was really cool
Breating new life into old works is one of the theme of Sakura no Uta so that fits perfectly
>>
>>14324578
>Breating new life into old works is one of the theme of Sakura no Uta
So the 7 year delay was intentional to symbolize that?
>>
>>14324603
Sca-ji confirmed genius
>>
>>14324522
That doesn't make it acceptable. Besides, most otaku works aren't quoting literature and philosophy. If Sca-ji knew how to better integrate references into his writing I wouldn't mind, but it's almost always awkwardly done. I wish he came up with more of his own ideas instead of relying on others as a crutch.
>>
>>14325395
Good luck coming up with an idea someone hasn't already had.
>>
>>14325413
That's not what I was saying.
>>
>>14325395
>I wish he came up with more of his own ideas instead of relying on others as a crutch
He doesn't rely on them as a crutch, he weaves a story and thematic around them.
That's not the same thing.

These quotations basically act like pillars to support the edifice Sca-ji built, and by putting them together in some clever ways he manages to make them feel fresh.

The foundation may be old but the building itself is all Sca-ji.
That's one of the reason I find the structure of Sakura no Uta to be so monstruous
>>
File: 1426107562941.png (3 MB, 1700x1200) Image search: [Google]
1426107562941.png
3 MB, 1700x1200
>>14323950

Perhaps he feels those games are just on a level higher than most other eroge in terms of writing, ideas, impact, and personal enjoyment. I personally agree with him for the most part, but at the end of the day it's simply an opinion that shouldn't affect any other game that you have respect for.

That post doesn't compare any of those games to Daitoshokan or other moege, because they are different in just about every possible way and have different goals. Maybe he was too hopeful in assuming the people reading that tweet had a brain and followed that it's kind of silly to compare wildly different types of games. If you just disagree with his choice of best eroge then offer some titles you think are better; nitpicking the guy's statement for the entire thread isn't getting anyone anywhere and I'm inclined to believe most of the people doing this are trying to stir up shitposting.

I think the games he mentioned accomplish great things and all of them made quite the impact on me personally. Yeah, those games have problems that I'm sure both he and I recognize. Like Sakura no Uta and Subahibi having bad pacing, Oretsuba and Saihate being technically incomplete, Narahara's writing in Muramasa being needlessly dense at points, etc. What he said doesn't mean to completely ignore those things and look the other way, but focusing on them exclusively in the face of what they are and what they accomplish as a whole feels like simple contrarianism.

Eroge provides a medium for unconventional stories to be taken seriously, and I think that's a very cool thing. You won't find something like Saihate no Ima in any other medium, including literature. And before you ask, yes, I have read Japanese literature and I honestly find most of the modern writing that I've seen to be extremely boring and predictable. Outside of a select few works, it just doesn't hit me in the same way a great eroge does (wide open for suggestions though, by all means).

I read eroge because I'm an otaku at heart and the medium itself pushes all of my buttons in just the right way. Why can't we enjoy philosophical mindfucks and cute girls? What other medium can even combine those two things?
>>
>>14324578
>not everything has to be "subtle"
Their point is not about everything being subtle, stop being retarded. But how that could be a way to make up for things like, for example, overusing the same gimmick for every damn interaction.

>Sca-ji wrote Sakura no Uta in a way that it embraces all these quotations and philosophies and structured a story out of this, that's all.
No, that is not all. It's about is how that could be done better, without inconsistencies which are not even supported by any of that thematic. There's not some phenomenological collective unconscious explaining everyone thinking alike about the same things; even if the so loved 因果交流電燈 reference is arguably about that, Sca-ji just isn't writing a denpa clusterfuck anymore to make that as an excuse.

>There isn't a definite way to write something you know, it's justa question of how well you do it.
Exactly this.

>Personally I thought the way Sca-ji combined Shunjitsu Kyousou and Happy Prince for example to build Naoya's character or the way he built a thematic "bridge" between Sakura no Uta and Subahibi using Dickinson's 126 poem was really cool
Oh, of course, personally, I think you don't know shit about that "thematic bridge" between both games, since I, personally, think Dickinson is the least thing which ties them. But on the other way around, I, personally, thought the final chapter conversation between Naoya and Ai about him denying the nonsensical position of both skepticism and Moore Shift, and going for an anomalous monism, even referencing the philosopher responsible for that idea three chapters before, was way cooler. But that's just me being a philosophy freak thinking how it's nice to Sca-ji presenting a fresh new thematic that's not antinomy since, er, his very first work? We're not talking about a personal perspective here, or at least not in the sense you used "personally", but a neocriticist one, which I completely disagree as being basis for anything: but which if not better, it's at least on the same level than you arguing how the thematic makes up for every story-telling error, or me going full autistic about Sca-ji analytic philosophy references here. And if you say that's "pretty retarded", well, you should know.
>>
>>14325520
So if a game is moogy-approved, I should just ignore everything that's wrong with it and treat it as a flawless masterpiece?
>>
>>14325520
>Perhaps he feels those games are just on a level higher than most other eroge in terms of writing, ideas, impact, and personal enjoyment.
Well I don't agree, then.

>>14325513
>These quotations basically act like pillars to support the edifice Sca-ji built
No, it's the other way around. The whole story seems like an excuse for Scaji's to masturbate around.
>>
Is anyone else started to get annoyed by posts like >>14325526? I swear it seems like every third post is someone straw manning it up and implying people are saying to ignore flaws or not criticize games or something
>>
>>14323950
>Why not just go read japanese literature if you thirst so much for "philosophical" or "deep" themes
I feel that most people that are into eroge want their philosophy and "deep" themes to be accompanied by adorable characters and entertaining interactions otherwise they wouldn't really care for the ideas presented no matter how thought-provoking or insightful they are.
>>
>>14325534
>Sakura no Uta
>thought-provoking
>not just Scaji telling you how to think
>>
>>14325530
Considering a single negative comment about it managed to start a shitstorm I don't think they're so off-the-mark.
>>
>>14325526

Where did you see me say that?

Read games and form your own opinions. Who cares what a person on the internet has to say about the game? It's not like Moogy and co are the only ones who find those games great, either.

If the flaws in them make the experience impossible to enjoy, then that's fine too, it is your opinion. A terrible opinion, but it's still valid so long as you can back it up. Jumping around saying "IT'S SHIT" or "Moogy approves so everyone only likes it because he said so" is just shitposting.

>>14325528

>Well, I don't agree then.

Then name some you think are better or make an actual argument as to why they're not. This is an example of low level debate at it's finest.

>>14325530

Moogy and co are /jp/'s boogeymen. I only respond to that post because I'm sure someone else will come after it with a similar response and derail the discussion otherwise.

I wish mentioning Moogy was a bannable offense because his name has been used to turn the thread into shitposting central for years now, it's fucking depressing seeing this thread fall for the same bait for so long.
>>
>>14319378
More importantly, is White Album 2 the best eroge ever made?
>>
>>14325562
>Then name some you think are better or make an actual argument as to why they're not. This is an example of low level debate at it's finest.
I'm not going to even respond to your condescending ass.
>>
>>14325559
The game itself is a hot topic, it's name alone starts shit-storms. Not a mythical army of knights set on preventing people from critiquing a game.
>>
>>14325524
>There's not some phenomenological collective unconscious explaining everyone thinking alike about the same things
Except they don't? Honestly you are just going for a gross exageration there, most of the characters were nurtured through Art and everything they say can easily be put to their own education and personality.

>since I, personally, think Dickinson is the least thing which ties them
I don't agree, Dickinson is all about perception which ties both Subahibi and Sakura no Uta heavily, since you seem to completely disagree there isn't much we can talk about here

>final chapter conversation between Naoya and Ai about him denying the nonsensical position of both skepticism and Moore Shift,

I definitely can see why you could see that and I found it really cool how he tied with with the idea of the Sublime but that's just the culmunation of the entire theme of perception that again was heavily linked with Dickinson so yeah.

Honeslty I think your idea of looking for something "fresh" is hindering your view of Sakura no Uta

And I never said that the "the thematic makes up for every story-telling error", far from it.

Do you know why Sakura no Uta succeed? Because it manages to have that structure I praise while being bloody entertaining most of the time.
>>
Shouldn't have read this thread, I'm starting VI but I don't think I'll be able to enjoy this
>>
>>14325528
>No, it's the other way around. The whole story seems like an excuse for Scaji's to masturbate around.
Yeah we completely disagree then
>>
>>14325578

Your prior response is honestly no more insightful or productive than if you just typed "IT'S SHIT" and now we're collapsing into ad hominem. What kind of response were you expecting?
>>
>>14325595
>What kind of response were you expecting?
Something along the lines of "Oh I realized my colossal failure, you're 100% correct and I was totally wrong, you're a pretty smart dude."
>>
>>14325559
That's a discussion, not a shitstorm
This thread saw heavy shitstorm before and it's not even close to being one of them
>>
>>14325590
>Because it manages to have that structure I praise while being bloody entertaining most of the time.
It didn't entertain me most of the time, except for Epitaphs and second half of V. The response in SakuUta's thread is kind of mixed too in that sense, so your experience isn't everyone else's.

Either way I don't see why you're trying to explain to us why Sakura no Uta "succeed" after someone went on to discuss a flaw in it; no one has said SakuUta is shit here nor is wondering about the reasons of its success. You're just constantly avoiding the point by saying that you have to "see beyond it" or "see the whole picture and ignore those tiny details", this sentence sums it up
>I think your idea of looking for something "fresh" is hindering your view of Sakura no Uta
>>
>>14325615
>Either way I don't see why you're trying to explain to us why Sakura no Uta "succeed" after someone went on to discuss a flaw in it
I didn't, I only ever talked for myself, you talk about why you think Sakura no Uta kind of failed, I write my own opinion on the subject, that's all.

And for the fresh thing, it just felt like you kept repeating it like a parrot.
It honeslty make me feel like I'm arguing with Kana, that's pretty nice actually
>>
>>14325639
I'm a different poster. I wasn't the one who said the fresh thing.

>you talk about why you think Sakura no Uta kind of failed
I haven't said that either. This is going nowhere.
>>
>>14325562
>Read games and form your own opinions
>but disliking the games I like is tasteless
>>
>>14325657
>>but disliking the games I like is tasteless
Are you being stupid on purpose?
>>
>>14325657

I didn't say that either.

Can we stop with the strawmanning and twisting words now?
>>
>>14321886
>its the only eroge worth discussing
God, just when I came back to /jp/ you are discussing this philosophy rubbish game. Guess I come back next year when the discussion dies off.
>>
>>14325704
Or you can stop being melodramatic about reading a damn 4chan thread.
>>
>>14325639
He's not me and,
>And for the fresh thing, it just felt like you kept repeating it like a parrot.
I said "fresh" just one time on this thread, and I am sure I didn't mean it by any other adjective.

And of couse you disagree with me on the Dickinson case, I said that sure of writing up a shit personal opinion I have just like you are doing. I was making a case for the people who just want to criticize it on a neocriticist way and not just assume the whole counterpart personality by a damn phrase and still tries to make a point of it. And how that's at least better than this discussion right now.
But I give up. The only way to continue this in a decent way would be arguing against the "Art and everything they say can easily be put to their own education and personality." part, and presenting tons of screens of characters which doesn't even know each other conventionally talking about the same things on the same way, what's probably useless when you are still trying to refute >>14324244 and
>>14319540 points, and completely fogot my main point of a ton of presentation gimmicks in Sakuuta being poor.

>>14325615
Thanks for expressing it better than my bad english can ever do.
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-08+at+02.41.09).jpg (408 KB, 1283x718) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-08+at+02.41.09).jpg
408 KB, 1283x718
Most likely no one will realize this post between all those sakura no uta arguments, but still I'd like to share my thoughts about Unlucky Reverse.

Just finished its common route, and it has some good and some bad points which makes it a pretty average game so far. First of all I really like Windmill games art so its a plus for me, Also I like the unlucky protagonist, coming into another world themed games too so plot was enjoyable too. Comedy was meh, didnt really laugh but didnt get bored either. Rizuri is one of the best heroines so far in the games I have played at 2015 so far, but unfortunately other three dont stand out too much.

Lastly the little mystery was good too, It was that kind of mystery which you actually know what is happening, yet still want to see what will be everyone's reaction when they learnt it.

Now about bad parts: I'm not sure why but none of the heroines fallen in love, or at least show some affection so far which is pretty weird. It became just a school life, you are going school, chatting with people, return home, then same things again. There was only 1-2 special eventish thing with heroines. I guess those affection events will happen in routes, will see now.

+ I found some of heroine's voices pretty weird, while some others fit perfectly. For example Rizuri is perfect fit for sure, but Aria makes me want to mute her, even though I have played many games from Fujimori Yukina ( Yuzuki from PxH, Honami from PxC2 etc) this is the first time it happens. It may be just me though.
>>
>>14325841
I appreciate it, I plan to play it too.
Have you played anything else from the month?
>>
>>14325896
Unfortunately only 恋×シンアイ彼女 so far. I wish I played something else, like Primal Heart 2, Royal Garden or Suki tte Itte. Well I will still play all of them though.
>>
>>14325909
Also why the hell are there this much unlocked routes in this month? 恋×シンアイ彼女 has Last Episode which you have to finish all routes- In Unlucky Reverse you have to finish one route before going Rizuri which is most retarded shit in game - In Royal Garden you have to finish one route before Yue's route - And Suki tte Itte is even more confusing.

Just let me fuck the heroines I want for gods sake.
>>
This thread is much better with a word filter for "habluka" and "moogy".
>>
>>14325931
>And Suki tte Itte is even more confusing.
I heard this somewhere, is it the system? Is it more like a traditional dating sim?
>>
>>14323950
Why are you so whiny and presumptious?
>>
The biggest problem with Sakuuta is that 50% of the game is just fucking masturbation jokes.
>>
>>14324244
The constant usage of "Sakuuta" in posts complaining about Sakura no Uta makes it seem like it's always the same person. The recycled arguments too. If you obviously disliked it, why did you continue reading it? Or did you read it at all, since you seem to be ignoring how at least half of the game is the characters talking about sexual topics, characters talking cryptically about past events or about what they need to do with current situation per route.

Honestly you should go back to VNTS and keep crying how moogy praised Sca-ji without giving reasonings for his praise. That seemed for fitting for you.
>>
>>14325672
No they can't stop doing that. It's the e-celeb autism from VNTS.
>>
>>14326222
I started saying SakuUta because I saw other people doing it and it's a lot faster to type. I imagine others did the same.
>>
>>14326222
Sakura no Uta was being called "sakuuta" by everyone long before you got to know about scaji's existence, faggot.
>>
>>14326222
>The constant usage of "Sakuuta" in posts complaining about Sakura no Uta makes it seem like it's always the same person.
Are you new? Using an eroge's abbreviation is the norm, especially in an industry with fucklong titles. I couldn't help but laugh at your conclusion. A lot of people here also use the Japanese name instead of romaji, that doesn't make it one person.

> Or did you read it at all, since you seem to be ignoring how at least half of the game is the characters talking about sexual topics
They're obviously criticizing the sections which suffer from this, which incidentally are the most important sections and the ones that make the work what it is. Your arguments keep going back to thinking that mentioning or criticizing a flaw is somehow shitting on the entire work. It's too defensive and emotional and it's hard to take you seriously no matter how much you retort by explaining the things you liked about it instead. Calling everyone who dares to criticize it "whiny" and bringing Moogy and VNTS into it for who knows the reason makes it worse.
>>
File: QUALITY4m.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
QUALITY4m.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>14319218
So everyone and their brother is translating this game huh?
Good, my translation was turning out pretty shite anyway.
Godspeed.
>>
>>14326459
Probably because it was made in TyranoBuilder.
>>
>>14326459
That is adorable.
>>
>>14325931
For Royal Garden at least, Yue's route is probably locked because it seems like it's much shorter than the others seeing how there's only 1 H Scene in it with two more being added in the appends they have planned.

>>14325984
Not him but the fact that there's no guide up for it yet on Seiya-Saiga yet is making me cautiously excited to play it.
>>
>>14325520
I don't have any particular problem with most of your post, but
>What he said doesn't mean to completely ignore those things and look the other way, but focusing on them exclusively in the face of what they are and what they accomplish as a whole feels like simple contrarianism.

Have he, or, you (as hadler browses this thread) considered the possibility that some people may legitimately think that Sakuuta's flaws aren't minor enough to be ignored? Haven't you seen actual arguments in this thread that point out problems with the game? And even then, if you just say that "Sakuuta was good because of X, Y, and Z", is it that different from saying that it was bad because of other three random reasons? Why is it okay to spill out a few reasons to why the game was good, but when it comes to criticizing it, it becomes "nitpicking"? This implies that somehow the works that you believe are above everything else are inherently better, and people who criticize are just "nitpicking". Or maybe they legitimately think the game itself had flaws that cannot be ignored and don't make the game as great as you may think it is.
>>
>>14326592
*Has
*and are
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.