[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just played trough Swan Song. Pretty decent read I guess. I wonder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1
File: songk[1].jpg (24 KB, 549x275) Image search: [Google]
songk[1].jpg
24 KB, 549x275
Just played trough Swan Song. Pretty decent read I guess. I wonder if it never gets discussed because it's considered entry level or if you are just busy posting touhou
>>
it's translated, and the translation is shit, that's why
>>
Just came her to check how long would it take to thread turn into "hurr translation exists so it's shit moon only masterrace. One goddamn post. It's not like the novel is a literary masterpiece and loses any depth in being translated. It's not like it was written by tanaka being intentionally obscure.
>>
It's old, and it never achieved meme status like higurashi or type moon shit, which is why it's never discussed here. In fact, I can't remember the last time I saw a thread with a legitimate discussion of an english translated VN ever since /vg/ absorbed them.

tl;dr general threads are cancer.
>>
>>14308008
Since when was higurashi a meme?
>>
It was really good until they arrive at the refugee camp. Then from this moment to the end, it was horrible.
Tsukasa is the most fucking boring main character i've seen in a visual novel and the character development of the rest of the cast was wacky, too much bullshit.

Soundtrack and seiyuu were great tough, oh and the NTR was really funny.
>>
>>14308041
But anon, all the good parts were after the refugee camp. As for characters, I think the point of the mc was to be bland, and to be honest no other character even got radical development than the psycho-kun. But yeah, I understand why someone could dislike it.
>>
I heard this game had some decent rape scenes but I never got around to playing it
>>
>>14308123
At least you have your priorities right
>>
>>14308041
I agree. I was having a blast when I played it until they reached the camp and then things slowed down and it got boring. I never even finished it as a result.
>>
>>14311268
This I don't understand. Before they reached the camp the game was a sol set in post-apoc. After they reached the camp, like the contents or not, things definitely did speed up: every major conflict happened afterwards and entire work moved like a bullet train until the finish line.
>>
>>14307819
>"hurr translation exists so it's shit moon only masterrace
Who are you quoting? Surely not the first post in this thread because that guy only wrote that the translation is shit.
Not really unbelievable considering all the shitty manga translations and the translations of light novels I've seen. A story hasn't to be "intentionally obscure" or "deep"to be ruined by retards who make mistakes a beginner can see.
>>
>>14311479

Not that guy, but it's pretty clear to see the first part of the sentence being 'translation exists'. And I'm sure you've noticed the standard on /jp/, people regard novels without translation more highly than something that's been translated. Often this is about quality of translation but there is undeniable part of fake elitism involved too. I'm not saying the translation isn't shit, but the original poster has a clear two-part structure, where the first part states existing translation as a negative point.
>>
How the FUCK does everyone on /jp/ know Japanese well enough to be elitist about it?
>>
Can someone confirm if theres rape defloration in this please. Its not on the vndb tags

Might give it a try this weekend
>>
>>14311507
OP asked why there's no discussion, so the first part could've just been a neutral statement, describing the standard of /jp/, second part being his own opinion. I mean if the fact that it's translated would've been a negative point already, adding that the translation is shit would be pretty much redundant.
I completely agree with everything you wrote but I posted because that guy misquoted and made an assumption that isn't backed up well enough in my opinion. Sure a lot of people here are like that but that doesn't mean the creator of the first post is as well.

Nobody knows anything of another on an anonymous imageboard, so I think we really should look at what anons actually write and stop putting words in each others mouth. I'm glad that /jp/ discourages "greentexting" because most of those are strawmen.
>>
>>14311549
At least in one scene if I remember correctly.
>>
>>14311533
A small percentage knows and others are pretending but you're not supposed to say that aloud
>>
>>14311556
Cool thanks
>>
>>14311533
By using a little bit of free time to start learning, then slowly changing the language of the media one consumes to Jap.

The better question is: How the FUCK doesn't everyone on /jp/ know Japanese well enough to be elitist about it?

If you have time to watch shit, play shit, read shit and shitpost here (which is a place where everyone should have enough reasons anyways), you might as well learn Jap and watch shit, play shit and read shit in it.

Being a lazy faggot is no excuse.
>>
>>14311576
I'd say a bigger question is why would anyone want to spend time learning a dying, worthless and super local language?
>>
>>14311586
Pretty reasonable question for everyone not posting on /jp/.
>>
>>14311576
>Being a lazy faggot is no excuse.
Being a lazy faggot is a reason.
>>
>>14311596
It doesn't help that majority of worthwhile projects gets translated, unless if you're heavily into some shit like kancolle doujins. Even then it might be easier to acquire taste rather than the skills for the language.
>>
>>14311576
>watch shit, play shit, read shit and shitpost here
easy and takes no effort

>learn Jap
hard
>>
I hate the "good ending", it is kind of a deus-ex machina. Why the glass guy suddenly go regret mode after he was defeat? Also the MC girlfriend 's mental problem was never elaborated and got "resolved" very poorly. The autistic girl is the most ugly, useless, pointless and irritating fictional character I ever met.
The normal ending is good though. It doesn't hold a punch.
>>
>>14312117
>Kind of deus ex machina
Very much so. It felt detached from the rest of the story.
>Went regret mode
No, he even stated "he doesn't regret anything". It was left open what happened to him, even though it was heavily implied he received mercy, even though he never wanted it. I think he wanted to die, not to be forgiven.
>MC girlfriend mental problems
She was just psycho, I don't think there was anything to "solve" after all.
>Autistic girl pointless
She had symbolical value, so it's no wonder she's the cover girl, in no sense pointless. I agree with the rest though.
>>
>>14307819
>. It's not like the novel is a literary masterpiece
This is why we don't talk about it, retard. Also there is a VN general so we don't need singular threads for each visual novel. It seems like someone is a jay babby.
>>14312117
That is called bad writing.
>>
>>14312146
>Also there is a VN general so we don't need singular threads for each visual novel.
Traditionally /jp/ made threads for every VN it wanted to discuss. The only reason VN General coalesced in the first place was because interest in VNs dwindled to the point where individual threads couldn't survive anymore.

>It seems like someone is a jay babby.
No, anon. You are the babby.
>>
>>14312146
I didn't know /jp/ only talks about literary masterpieces. Like, Touhou.
>>
>>14312178
I'm so sorry the fanon of my favourite series is so big! I feel so bad your shitty kusoge is not famous! Boohoo!
>>14312168
Implying not only Higurashi/Umineko/Fate garbage got threads

Visual novels are retard, if I want to play a game, I play an actual game, if I want to read a book, I read a goddamn book.
>>
>>14312190
Yeah, let's just discuss touhou instead as it's crafted for us intellectual gentlemen amirite, not like those pesky vn's that are just waifu circlejerk that cannot cater to my mature taste
What are you doing in this thread?
>>
>>14312190
>Implying not only Higurashi/Umineko/Fate garbage got threads
It would be a safe implication because it's true.

>Visual novels are retard
... so, like, do you visit every thread in /jp/ you have no interest in just to shit on it?
>>
>>14312216
I am shitting on your head for my own entertainment.
>>14312227
Basically, something I like rarely gets threads here just to get shat on by at least 10 posts/thread and then die with a stupid discussion. So I am ruining something else's thread. Because fuck you, that's why.
>>
>>14312237
Well, I don't want to rain on your parade but your shitposting is still bumping the thread so I guess it's okay. If we're on the front page we might attract more posters than 13. So, thanks, I guess.
>>
>>14312257
Good luck discussing your shitty kusoge now though.
>>
>>14312263
Thanks!
>>
both endings felt super extreme and stupid
>>
>>14308041

Basically this.

Everything went to shit after they left that church for the first time. Both endings were stupid, all of the consequences were stupid, and LOL SECOND EARTHQUAKE was also stupid.

It was a great setup and a good story until they went to the camp.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.