[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is up with YouTube. I can't view any Engl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 13
File: what is this shit.jpg (86 KB, 454x296) Image search: [Google]
what is this shit.jpg
86 KB, 454x296
What the fuck is up with YouTube.
I can't view any English subbed songs. Did they go full asspie? Was this the fault of Exit Tunes and incstoenterinc?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4aFf6Xjwrc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Dqb6uJ8WY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBmfwovfIHM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eJl0DQWni4
>>
>needing subs
>>
its doing the same to me. stupid copyright -.-
>>
>>14262609
Just watch them on nico you turbonerd.
>>
another stupid attempt by japanese companies to fuck over youtube... It won't stop unless Youtube brings the hammer down on nico or buys them out.
>>
File: 1420257599535.jpg (90 KB, 728x810) Image search: [Google]
1420257599535.jpg
90 KB, 728x810
Why are the japs being worse than western jews about this kind of stuff?
>>
>>14262609
I looked up incstoenteric and there's no results on Google so probably those claims are fake.
Exit tunes though? That's probably real, sorry OP. Though I'm surprised that Vocaloid fandom isn't throwing a fit yet.

save miku
>>
In case some people haven't figured it out yet, as of today you can't listen to Japanese music on Youtube anymore. No animu tracks, no music videos, no anything, even if it was uploaded in the US. All of the major labels have cracked down and copyright flagged all their shit in such a way that it can't viewed outside of Japan.
>>
lmao that's not true

it's mainly just vocaloid songs
>>
Why Vocaloid?
>>
It seems to be all the Supercell Ryo songs. Why would they even do this..
>>
It's also the live versions of When The First Love Ends, Yume Yume, One of the Suki Kirai uploads, Deep Sea Girl, and a few others. Third Pudding War, This Happiness, and quite a few songs are too..
>>
what the fuck is wrong with youtube now... I hope this isn't just the beginning. Even proxies don't work top fuck
>>
I checked a few songs and a lot of songs owned by some of the big 10 companies like Victor entertainment(flying dog) or Sony music entertainment are blocked. Even official verified channels are blocked in my country.
>>
I find it funny how it took 4-5 years to copy right thies videos
>>
see >>14262340 & >>14262275
>>
>>14262609
This is what happens when you open up the community to secondaries.
>>
Fucking lame. One of my favorite LEN SONGS is blocked-

And so is Help Me!! by Morning Musume!
>>
This isn't because of TPP or copyright claims by any of the Japanese companies. If it was one of these two reasons, I think the videos would be blocked in more than just America. According to this article, it's more than likely something to do with YouTube Red.
http://techcrunch.com/2015/10/21/an-offer-creators-cant-refuse/#.lexcce:T9JS
>>
>>14264291
Nothing in this thread seems to be blocked for me (Europe).
>>
>>14264291
i googled Youtube red and this come up as the first article.... "YouTube Red Deal Forces ESPN To Pull Its Videos From YouTube" so i believe it is
>>
>>14264298
Also from Europe, not blocked.
>>
>>14263245

Physical dominated industry
>>
I have a feeling someone(or a group of people) who hate "otakus" did this... I mean, everyone loves music, and what do you think "these people" listen to most?
>>
two of my videos are still up.
>>
Heck even official Miku YT videos are blocked!

Example: 39
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecU_uJRzhfk&spfreload=10
>>
>>14265327
I'm pretty sure this is some American copyright shitfest yet again, as others have said nothing in this thread is blocked to me in Europe.
>>
>>14265527
It's Japan blocking The US specifically from viewing their shit.
>>
>>14265532
Revenge for Hiroshima.
>>
>>14265327
It has to do with Youtube Red, I'm sure of it has to be FUCKING YOUTUBE RED! I knew it was going to be a very bad idea!
>>
Exit Tunes, U/M/A/A, incstoenterinc, Being inc., or Sony Music Japan (and Hachi's songs). That seems to be the ones being blocked mostly, from what I could see.
>>
File: 1445067738734.png (356 KB, 556x324) Image search: [Google]
1445067738734.png
356 KB, 556x324
>>14262609
Everything works fine for me. Thank you, based slav shithole for never being noticed by any kind of TPP and shit.
>>
>>14262609
I'm genuinely surprised people listen to japanese media on youtube.
And if you really need to watch something on that site (which you shouldn't), I'm sure you can find ways to bypass region blocking,
>>
>>14265674
YTUnblocker for Firefox is a good example, but what's the point, eventually YTRed will spread throughout the world like the plague!
>>
Links work just fine for me in the UK. Good job burgerland, maybe if Japan didn't hate you guys this wouldn't have happned!
>>
Morning Musume and AKB48 are blocked as well, it seems.
>>
>>14265327
Literally watched this video yesterday. FUCK
>>
I know! Suddenly all Hatsune Miku songs are blocked. I'm pretty sure youtube just went full asshat mode.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-10-24-17-55-28.png (595 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-10-24-17-55-28.png
595 KB, 1440x2560
>all my cute anime vids are kill
>>
>>14262609
Is this only affecting americans? Because I can watch japanese videos normally.
>>
>>14266839
Yes
>>
youtube red is fucking cancer, why does google ruin everything?
>>
File: 1445590776913.jpg (67 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1445590776913.jpg
67 KB, 300x300
All works for me
They must've figured out that poles are too poor anyway to buy music
>>
https://nj.proxfree.com

works if you choose a non-american IP
>>
File: 786646498.png (531 KB, 900x386) Image search: [Google]
786646498.png
531 KB, 900x386
save them
>>
>>14267047
They started getting job applications from people who wanted to work there because it was a cool place to work.
>>
>>14267283
i just want muh music man
>>
nuuu my trash has been thrown out!
>>
I just want the vocaloid stuff back...
>>
Literally kms this shit is pissing me off
>>
THE DREAM IS FUCKING OVER.
>>
/v/ here fucking jewtube is blocking all my japanese video game vids. fucking kikes. fuck the usa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCBjsh7T9zw
>>
>>14269486
holy shit its blocking vidya too?
Fuck jewtube, why is no one complaining about this?
>>
>>14269566
Nothing I watch has been blocked, personally. Not even Jap games. If I wanted to watch them, I could go to other sites, like nicovideo, or if I really wanted them, I would have downloaded them.
>>
>>14269566
using a jp proxy fixed it for me. you cant fight youtube/google. they dont give a fuck how many people hate them. they will just buy all the competition.

lmao however 4chan blocks the jap isp I was using. I guess google bought 4chan too.
>>
>>14269602
it only effects usa ips
>>
>>14269623
what bothers me is that i can use a fucking Canadian proxy, and everything is fucking fine. Like what the fuck, why is it only the USA? It has to be because of youtube red.
>>
>>14269627
I am USA. I can't see any of the crap in the op, but I'm not affected. Sucks to like vocalshit I guess.
>>
I know some channels that aren't blocked, but still. It isn't enough to keep me totally happy without my music
>>
File: Untitled.png (333 KB, 1053x514) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
333 KB, 1053x514
>not saving youtube videos
pleb
>>
File: Heck and Junk.png (155 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
Heck and Junk.png
155 KB, 800x400
Move to Canada, Americans,

Nothing is affected here.
>>
>>14270307
>Move to Canada
lmao Im not going to jail for 2d loli
>>
>>14270307
TPP will get you too, one day.
>>
>>14270307
>move to canada
>get arrested for fapping to anime girls
>get arrested for hurting someones feelings
no thank you
>>
fuck jewtube
>>
Here is the other thing, go to the covers of those song. They are being flagged as well. It's EXIT TUNES dropping the copy right. So anything from is getting hit hard.
>>
>>14273128
Man, I really like EXIT TUNES.

I don't know whether to be mad at EXIT TUNES or Google for the copyright jewry.
>>
jesus fucking christ
even THIS is blocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ooeaHyoiLE
>>
>>14262609
In case people have figured it out yet this has nothing to do with TPP. It's the new Youtube Red bullshit that's causing the problem.

http://aramajapan.com/news/youtubes-new-policy-change-affects-american-japanese-music-fans/51582/.
>>
File: ss (2015-10-25 at 09.10.12).png (22 KB, 509x252) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-10-25 at 09.10.12).png
22 KB, 509x252
>>14266334
Got one too. So i think they forced the companies to sign new policies for youtube if they still want any videos that related to them, including videos that was uploaded by someone else, viewable. Probably payment related.
>>
>>14277184
Huh, doesn't that message basically just say that you have copyrighted content on your channel?

My guess is that previously the companies got some compensation for that (ad revenue), but since the partner contracts etc are now being updated and possibly renegotiated, they videos that supposedly have copyrighted content by those companies are held in limbo?

I'm not sure why the Jap companies don't just accept the Red deal, from my understanding it is better for YouTube partners money wise than the previous model was. But I don't know if big companies from Japan and possibly elsewhere have some sort of special arrangements.
>>
>>14277225
>I'm not sure why the Jap companies don't just accept the Red deal, from my understanding it is better for YouTube partners money wise than the previous model was.
Being able to legally and easily download as many 1080p videos from YouTube as you want torpedoes the business models of companies like, say, AKB, who are presumably trying to sell you DVDs and CDs worth more than the 0.5 cents per month they'd get from your YouTube Red subscription.

Yes, you can already download all the videos you want with scripts and extensions, but we're talking about the mass consumer here, who buys videos and music he can get online for free because it feels more legal and they're more used to it (go to store, buy thing, get thing). But if a legal, and super-popular mass-market download option appears they'll just switch to that instead.
>>
>>14277242
That's a very good angle, I have many "buts" about it but I don't have time to write them down right now.
>>
blocked my black rock shooter video, but all my doujinshi vids from nicovideo are fine. this shouldn't affect 95% of vocaloid videos, should it? unless making vocaloid videos is really that big a thing that even small timers are able to make such a significant revenue as to block us from uploading it elsewhere.

fucking japs being bold against the US for once just had to be the worst time for them to do it. still blame google though
>>
Go to change.org and sign the petition to stop YouTubeRed. Thats whats causing the Region Lock on all of the Japanese and Korean music content
>>
Deturl.com has some nifty options and all you have to do is type three extra letters in the video URL as a shortcut.
>>
File: Untitled.png (28 KB, 533x326) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
28 KB, 533x326
Oh fuck, not even my 3rd world contry is safe now.
>>
>>14278902
Translate?
>>
Geddan is kill
>>
>Dont sign deal for whatever reason
>All your videos are now hidden lol
And people thought I was crazy for not liking google, here they come again to fuck everyone over.

I still use RSS feeds rather than signing up for subscriptions, works just as well.
>>
File: Hatsune Spurdo.png (138 KB, 3336x2452) Image search: [Google]
Hatsune Spurdo.png
138 KB, 3336x2452
Works fine on mongolian.
>>
At least we still have Chargeman Ken.
>>
is this gonna last :((((((((((((
>>
fagtube
>>
>>14270294
PLS UPLOAD!

KUDASAI!
>>
File: 1444505744523.jpg (396 KB, 805x951) Image search: [Google]
1444505744523.jpg
396 KB, 805x951
>>14283227
>>
I say just boycot youtube red and noone pay them anything until it's all free again. To me even cable is not something I care to pay for, though I know it's not like that for everyone, but YouTube has always been free and all be dambed the day that stops!
>>
>>14296664
This is a common misconception, thanks to YouTube again being shitty at sharing information
It is still free, and will continue to be so (well, who knows?). If you were to subscribe now, you still wouldn't see those blocked videos. They're blocked because the creators owning those videos did not sign in to the new deal that was offered. Who knows why they didn't.
>>
Does the YouTube unblocker actually work?
>>
>>14263278
I have no problems watching anything in Australia. Maybe it was just the Burgers who got blocked?

>>14265532
Oh, really? Suck shit to them, American companies are the ones who do this more than anyone else to the rest of the world.
>>
>>14269566
American companies have been blocking foreign IPs from accessing their media for years now. The difference is that the rest of the world works their way to bypass these things while when Americans are in trouble, all they know is to bitch and moan about it. Why don't you make a petition about it?
>>
What in browser only vpns or proxy's are you guys using?
>>
>>14295651
>2015
>sivupalkki
TTETT
>>
>>14263278
Stop feeding false information. The content was blocked in the US due to YouTube Red. The copyright holders have to agree to the terms of YouTube Red before we can see their stuff again.

Perfect example, Tricot was blocked but their manager just took care of the problem so now we can view them again.
>>
>>14267272
I don't think I can go on without Len.
>>
I miss the old youtube. I wish Youtube red just vanishes.
>>
what vpns or proxy's are you guys using to get around the blocks?
>>
File: Untitled.png (218 KB, 833x788) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
218 KB, 833x788
>>14270294
>not encoding the Blurays and DVDs and Project DIVA PVs
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.