[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Printer for digital art
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
I've been planning on getting a sleek new printer for digital art on my course, I might need to get an A4 and A3 size if I can't find any good dual printers. Is there a verdict on here for the best printers for art?

And if any of you have a good professional printer, it might be interesting to know what price range the inks are and how frequently you need to change them. Since the real price tag is on the cartridges.
>>
I managed to grab an Epson R2000 printer for $450. They're originally $700, but they often have massive rebates ($250) to mail in.

I also wanted to take my digital work off the screen and into the world. A lot of times, it can give it new life. Also, sharing photos of art prints on social media is more effective/engaging than sharing a file straight from your computer. Pick related is a recent print. The colors are absolutely fantastic.

The R2000 prints up to 13x19, which is just fine for my needs. I get nice thick paper from Red River Paper, and - while expensive - nice sturdy paper is worth it. You can get a cheap sample pack from them to try out all sorts of different papers.

The ink is expensive, and the printer can go through it surprisingly quickly. A full restock of all inks is $47 on Amazon right now. Good paper (~50 count) can cost anywhere from $30-$100, depending on type and quantity.

It's hard to say how long the ink lasts, since I don't rigidly track it. I'd guess that it will last around ~100 prints. You'll likely use one color more than another, so you might just have to refill an individual cartridge instead of refilling everything.

The whole thing is going to be an investment. I once sold prints at an artist market and made $400 profit, so if you're going to sell prints you can make some of your money back. I do it mainly for myself and for social media though, as selling prints in person was a ton of work and a big risk.
>>
bump for interest
>>
>>2517737

looks really cool man. sadly my experience with printed digital work has been very negative so far.
>>
>>2518670
>sadly my experience with printed digital work has been very negative so far.

How so?
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.