[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AP art exam does it even matter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
Most high schools have an ap art class right? At the end you have a exam you take by submiting you best pieces and let some proffesors or something look at them and then tell you your score. Does the score even matter? On what principals do they grade it? Do you think they are bias towards different styles and mediums (Etc)? What are your opinions on the test?
>>
>>2504663
There's going to always be bias in any judging of art since in order to judge it you need to lay down set criteria, and doing that automatically favours some things and excludes others. There's literally no objective way to measure the value of art, and the sooner you accept this the better.

I wouldn't overthink it though. If you want to get into art school they will look at your entrance portfolio and maybe your GPA. Whether or not you got a good score in AP class, or whether you even did AP art is pretty irrelevant as far as I know.
>>
>wasting your time at AP
lol
>>
i took it in high school, i think i got 5/6 or something

they basically want observational drawings ie still lives portraits and landscapes done in traditional media. you have to do 20 drawings with 10 of them needing a cohesive theme. mine was tools because literally everything is a tool.

i dont think the ap has helped me with anything though, i think if you want to go to normal colleges it helps but art colleges just care about the quality of your portfolio but it differs from a case by case basis so im not sure
>>
>>2504698
It's fine for mandatory classes.
I had over 12 courses finished by the time I graduated, saved me like 20 thousand.

Not sure how it'd work for art though so can't give specific advice.
But less money and time in college is never a bad thing.
>>
>>2504698
I mainly did it cause the teachers started to care in those periods. I only cared about impressing them cause I'm pathetic but it was nice to them care.

But I just started to draw after high school so I'm not even relevant right now.
>>
I took AP art and I still to this day have never checked my score I'm pretty sure I did a garbage job though.
>>
File: IMG_3087.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3087.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>2504663
I knew this would come in handy. These are the final pieces the AP art students drew at my high school. I'm kinda glad I didn't take art in high school honestly, everyone there was either so-so or terrible.

From what I understand it's not that hard to get a 5 on the AP test, it doesn't really matter that much.
>>
>>2504663
I remember scoring a 4 on it. I only had 14 pieces to show them and fluffed it up by adding in 6 detail shots.

The score literally does not matter in any way. The board goes through thousands of portfolios and only looks at yours for a few seconds before passing it on with a grade.

If you're a good draftsman and have a cohesive theme then you'll do fine on it even if you bullshit it like I did.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.