[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /IC/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
would you rather be

>a)the composer of the highest level holiest most beautiful borderline-smut your eyes or anyones eyes have beheld

OR

>b)the ultimate draftsman with the highest level encyclopedic knowledge of form, light, detail etc
able to manifest incredibly detailed characteristic environments in the ideal,most experienced amount of time
>>
I wanna say b) but the feeling of something finally clicking after studying feels fucking great and it would be a really big downside to lose that feeling.
>>
>>2276920
pointless: The thread.
>>
File: 1439446369899.png (659 KB, 696x895) Image search: [Google]
1439446369899.png
659 KB, 696x895
>>2276920
Definitely would choose A, for the pieces I make are just an extension of who I am, and who I am will not always be the same.
Not to mention, you could probably make some sweet cash with A, and then just move on to something else.
Although, every single idea that you come up with always fall short when compared to you "holy beautiful borderline smut" creation.
Not to mention, you would always be known as "that guy who created that intoxicating borderline smut piece."
Everything you are, and everything you make will be over-shadowed or forgotten by the "beautiful borderline smut" piece

Choice B would get boring quick, because the only fulfillment you would feel would be from bringing your ideas to life.
With this choice, any personal growth is nearly nullified, completely destroying a large part of the artistic journey.
Not to mention, being entirely comprised of knowledge doesn't mean you will go far.
One would argue that success is made with a balance of knowledge and experience, but with choice B part of the formula gets feed to the dogs and the dogs thrown into a volcano.
Then after all your ideas are created, you're left all that knowledge rattling around your head with nothing to cushion or distract it.
Teaching your knowledge would be the only way to satiate your restless hands, and I highly doubt that's what you wanted to do in the first place.
Then again, with your vast reaches of knowledge, you might be able to tell people how to git gud in an effective, flawless manner.

Overall, I kinda feel like Option B is the most detrimental, because it dampers the journey of art.

>>2276925
Every thread is pointless, anon.
>>
File: 1439617807621.png (366 KB, 411x580) Image search: [Google]
1439617807621.png
366 KB, 411x580
>>2276994
2deep4me
>>
>>2276994
You wrote all that for this thread??
>>
>>2277228

Not him, but some people enjoy making long posts.

I do it pretty often. It's always just for everyone else, writing shit out works through your own reasoning. Putting what you think into words helps define what you think and how you feel about something.

That's half the point of these shitty hypotheticals. They're not meant to have an answer, they're a thought exercise.
>>
>>2277253

I meant to say it's not always just for everyone else.
>>
I chose B.

Since enlightment have the highest knowledge...but not just computure programms...its kinda the same with yout. as observing enlightment
>>
>>2276994
This thread is a paradox. With choice B, you have the technical ability to replicate the art made by choice A
>>
>>2277801
they interchange

to be able to draw good smut you need knowledge about the subject, as for b... well... kjg does some good smut
>>
>>2276925
my thoughts exactly
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.