[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to be good at art
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: The_Human_Condition_1935.jpg (153 KB, 406x550) Image search: [Google]
The_Human_Condition_1935.jpg
153 KB, 406x550
If you want to see what the last art movement looks like and world peace and all that whatever do a painting like this.

Get a canvas and an easel and do a painting outside or inside or whatever where you place the canvas in front of you so it blocks out what is behind in. Then you fill in with paint what you think goes there based on your memory of what was there before.

Magritte more or less discovered this so he deserves some credit but he never actually did the painting specifically he just made surrealist art ABOUT this kind of painting.
>>
File: the-human-condition.jpg (143 KB, 700x902) Image search: [Google]
the-human-condition.jpg
143 KB, 700x902
>>2452985
I haven't actually tried it cause I can't realize this stuff twice but I think in theory you could do a digital painting and get the same effect or at least simulate it.

Try finding an image, then lasso tool the middle and delete it, and digitally paint what you remember of what was there.

I'm not sure how effective that would be so if you have access to the materials to do it traditionally I'd recommend that.
>>
>>2452985
I'm not sure that story is right. Pretty sure someone suggested that as an exercise and then he did that to fuck around with them because it's stupid
>>
File: tumblr_mbr3xe24Em1rpri2zo1_500.jpg (229 KB, 456x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbr3xe24Em1rpri2zo1_500.jpg
229 KB, 456x600
>>2452989
Main goal of this is to realize memory is the point of life. The afterlife is your memories backwards. Any good memories become bad memories. To make the afterlife more enjoyable you need to live a boring life ( I hesitate to use the word sad so let's go with boring).

In order to bring this to a mass market we need to make games for virtual reality that can simulate making this type of painting, and have people make these types of paintings who don't have access to the materials necessary to do one ( think Africa, Asia, anywhere that isn't europe or the US). Imagine a product that makes men understand life and death that you only need to spend 2 hours with, then you can invite other people to use it and they learn it too and then it spreads like wildfire.

But first we need to start small. So please help.
>>
>>2452991
it is incredibly stupid. Nobody will know you did a painting entirely from memory this way except for you. So intention is important. Do it right the first time and you won't have to do it again you can go back to drawing whatever it is you like drawing.
>>
>>2452985
I know surrealist art isn't really supposed to have a meaning but I can totally see one in this.

The seascape through the door represents life as humanity sees it. The wall around the doorway obscures that which we cannot see and lies beyond. The painting represents what we imagine to be on the other side, an afterlife, pictured to be just like life, but better. But it's a fake, all lies.

The true reality outside the bounds of our perception is the black ball, which lies in a completely different direction, in a dimension we cannot reach. It's black, empty, nihilistic and doesn't care.

That's the human condition.
>>
>>2453002
did you even read my post? the pictures i posted are just visual aids. im not trying to get into philosophical whatevers with you guys im just saying do a painting like i described.
>>
>>2453004
Yes I read it. I'm commenting on the art, not your post.
>>
>>2453010
why are you still posting go paint
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.