[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lighting schemes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2
File: comparison.jpg (787 KB, 1000x688) Image search: [Google]
comparison.jpg
787 KB, 1000x688
Hey there /ic/, which version do you think I should move forward with?
>>
Left
>>
File: tumblr_ntapikxTjU1rlaql2o4_1280.jpg (113 KB, 687x444) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntapikxTjU1rlaql2o4_1280.jpg
113 KB, 687x444
>>2434942

By virtue of how deliberate the light is going to be in the piece in order to pull it off, you'll have to consider it it's own character. The sketches are hard to compare because they both evoke different moods - think cinematography. How does it feel if a character is spot lit versus lit softly from behind?

That said, your draft colors are extremely dark. It might just be because it's a rough idea, but look to Cornwell, Grimshaw, or Levitan to see how they handled moonlit situations - a lot of it is about keying your piece, and the color of the light and the shadows. It all depends on what special thing you want to say with the piece; if high contrasting values don't fit the mood, then find out what it is that evokes a feeling of moonlight and go back into the piece with values that fit closer.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.