[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys. Im practicing drawing shit into perspective. I took
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: question about bfh.png (3 MB, 2463x2500) Image search: [Google]
question about bfh.png
3 MB, 2463x2500
Hey guys. Im practicing drawing shit into perspective. I took this battlefield heroes image and drew some stuff out of it and drew a tank into it and tried to think what the tank on the right would look like if it was completely in the scene. The tanks feel a little weird though, like they are not quite in perspective or something. I would like to draw some soldiers into the picture next, but I'm having a hard time drawing human figures into perspective. Maybe someone could sketch some examples to help me out?
>>
>>2400675
How about you lay out a one point perspective grid before you drop in the tanks/figures/lighthouse etc. It'll help get the relative size of everything. Also don't photo-bash you fucking noob, or reference another person's artwork for that matter. Don't give up.
>>
thread is relevant to my interests, bumping
>>
>>2400675
How about you draw your own images from scratch rather than just piggybacking off someone else's ideas. You'd learn a lot more. Eventually you'll need to make your own shit from beginning to end so start now.

The artists already did the hard part of coming up with the scene and some of the compositional elements, that's stuff you need to learn to do. Go read about vanishing points and horizon lines, draw out a grid and figure out why your shit is wrong.

If people keep giving you all the answers you're not going to learn anything.
>>
>>2400675
Use lines. Figure out the horizon line. As the anon above said, draw a perspective grid. You don't really learn much about perspective by just guessing and painting stuff without even having established the horizon line.
>>
>>2400675
I feel like the left tank is too far down. Even with it being behind the other tank they're on the same ground plane so it should be higher up a bit. Use the horizon line, remember than anything above the horizon line is above your eye, anything below is beneath, and use the lines to place things well.
>>
>Battlefield Heroes
RIP you glorious game
>>
I worked on this game, even saw the original sketches of this key art. The image is done by concept artist "Robert Sammelin".

(I'm not him)
>>
>>2403005
Robert pls go
>>
>>2403005
His name is Robert Paulson
>>
File: 1391491775202s.jpg (4 KB, 125x100) Image search: [Google]
1391491775202s.jpg
4 KB, 125x100
The best part is you signed it.
>>
>>2404649
where did he sign it?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.