[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I go about correctly showing form? I've worked on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: lol.png (645 KB, 1080x796) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
645 KB, 1080x796
How do I go about correctly showing form? I've worked on 3D stuff for a while. But when it comes to drawing some things I still look flatter than shit. And I am trying to do this without shading to start.

I've watched Proko/Loomis/Vilppu, and i've gone to drawabox but i dont seem to get what I am doing wrong.
>>
>>2385915
Why do people feel like creating new threads when we have a question thread? Whatever I won't get all autistic over that.
1- While working on 3d does help you should really get a serious plane understanding via perspective, I recommend you reading scott robertson.
2- Shading does help a lot on this, again, I recommend you another book by scott (both of these things have to do with perspective and he will often reference it on his second book)
3- Apply all of the above to more complex figures, like humans.

It would really help if you posted some of your drawings to see what's wrong with them (regarding to volume atleast)
>>
Construct still life's from observation.
You get an actual sense of depth after consistent amounts of practice.
>>
Lookin for a "secret technique" ain't gonna help you.

As unsatisfying as it is, the gratification of correctly doing something doesn't come soon after what you've perceived to be "alot of practice", let alone "enough practice". Alot of times, it takes three times longer to understand and correctly execute something than you initially predicted. The act of practice yields the results and if it still hasn't gotten results, you haven't done it enough, even if you think you did. You should be able to figure out these things yourself if you just learn to stop getting hung up on every single attempt. Just fucking practice the basics.

>inb4 you're past the basics
>>
You can watch and read literally every artistic resources on the face of the earth, and you'll still be equally as shitty at art as you were before you started. These tutorials only present you with tools and techniques to use said tools, but without a good amount of practice and mileage, don't POSSESS the tool, you don't OWN the concept; you only KNOW OF the concept. You'll have hundreds of shitty attempts at doing something the right way but it's after that much practice that you actually understand it. Stop trying to be instantly good at something after watching a tutorial, start learning to grind and fuck up a million times.
>>
>>2385984

the problem is, practicing over and over the same shit isnt going to make you improve if you keep just doing it wrong. You'll just keep up the habit of doing it wrong.
>>
>>2386002
Of course there needs to be thought and exterior information coming in, but it isn't like you get any better wasting your time remaking the same thread on /ic/ every second day. These things can be figured out easily if one actually attempts to work out the answers themselves.
>>
>>2385972
This.

go draw an object around you, post it, and i'll tell you what to work on.
>>
>>2386022

im not remaking any threads

Ive been trying to work out the answers myself forever, and its not clicking. But obviously asking here isnt going to do any good.

>>2386041

In a few mins, sure
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.