[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to learn how to use colors and how to compose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: welp.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
welp.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
I'm trying to learn how to use colors and how to compose according to lightning. Any suggestons on this?

It is "finished" already (personal deadline), but how could it have been better?

ps: The pose, unfortunally, has to be like this. Crouching with the arms between the legs and looking backwards.
>>
>>2357719
the alien itself is an ok model. I can't say much about that since I'm not a 3d artist myself. what I can say is that from the standpoint of an artist in general, the grass and wall are very lazily done. There's no depth in this, no visual intrigue and the textures themselves lack very little connection. another issue is the light source does not read well. I don't know if we are looking at an alien who was just run down and cornered, because the lighting almost makes it look like its night and people are using flashlights. that being said, its neither dark or light enough to read that way since the flashlights would make it a brighter yellow and the night would make everything else around the scene much darker. This is all in the process since you are learning about these things.
>>
>>2357719

Dover Demon?
>>
>>2357737

The Varginha Creature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMyiH-dFqfs
>>
>>2357733
Thanks for The help!
I'll do my best following your sugestions and are How it Goes :)

>>2357737

It's The Varginha ET, pretty similar to Dover Demon

>>2357743

This
>>
File: 001.jpg (125 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
125 KB, 480x270
Low quality WIP of the "improved" version.

I think that the light source is better defined right now.
It's supposed to be 3PMs Sun.
>>
ayy lmao
>>
>>2357859
feels better then the previous. good progress
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.