[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boxing Theme Related Art
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
Just curious, how much art can you guys find and post that involves boxing, especially when it circulars around female fighters. I'll start off first with this image.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (66 KB, 1395x784) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
66 KB, 1395x784
>>2324692
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Art, is in fact, Painting - Art, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Painting minus Art. Art is not simply referring to creating of images unto itself, but rather the act of creation (in our context, painting) to serve some higher purpose or give pleasure to the viewer. Many painters run a make this mistake everyday, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the term Illustration is widely used today is often called “Art”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically Art but with all meaning removed and replaced with simple pleasing forms.
There really is Illustration in Art, and these people are creating it, but it is just a part of the medium of transmission they use, . Illustration is the colours and forms: The simple constructs to create the image or appearance of the subject. Illustration is an essential part of a Art object, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of simple depiction of subject. Illustration is normally used in combination with a meaning or purpose to create Art. The whole system is basically Illustration with meaning added, or Art/Painting. All the so-called “Art” objects are really objects of painting - Art.
>>
>>2324761
Let me guess, first year fine art student?
>>
>>2324761
fuck off /g/
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.