[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you guys hate this guy so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1280x720-J6n.jpg (52 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-J6n.jpg
52 KB, 1280x720
Why do you guys hate this guy so much?
>>
>>2599526
I don't
>>
>>2599526
it's a love-hate relationship, you wouldn't understand
>>
I like Bob Ross, but I hate his way of painting so much.
Watching his show is nice, but it;s just so creatively taxing.
>>
Nobody really hates him, it's just edgy people

His paintings aren't really anything special. They were made so that people who don't know anything about painting can crank out a landscape in half an hour and feel some sort of satisfaction. It's not really great as art instruction.

It's nearly on the same level as those group painting things where a bunch of middle aged women and their husbands drink wine and paint a copy of a crappy picture.

Seems like a nice guy, he was just more of a hobby painter than a fine artist.
>>
People just like thinking that the point of his show was the painting ability itself. However, if you watch it, its all about chilling out and having something to take your mind off of the hardcore fucked up shit in life.

People see that his art is nothing special and they think "WHAT A BUNCH OF FAGGOTS ENJOYING SOMETHING THAT ISN'T ARTISTICALLY IMPRESSIVE!" and decide that they're gonna sperg out about it.

People enjoy different stuff and some can't keep they're mouths shut about it. People just like justifying choices they make in life and want other people to accept that justification as scripture.

TL;DR: People want to sound smart and make others feel dumb
>>
I feel like there is a new version of this thread and the "fuck photorealistism amirite" thread every 2 days or so
>>
>>2599526
Who are you gonna do next?

Proko, then Bob Ross, next is Loomis? Vilppu?
>>
>>2600880
Good ideas
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.