[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you successfully found job as a freelancer for a quick buck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: tutorial2.jpg (236 KB, 965x1283) Image search: [Google]
tutorial2.jpg
236 KB, 965x1283
Have you successfully found job as a freelancer for a quick buck off your work yet? what's the fastest way you've gotten hired/commissioned for one? what are your personal experiences with the whole "making money with your art" thing?

Yes, I am absolutely going to take advantage of your responses, of course. And many others too, probably.

pic unrelated just a tutorial
>>
>>2598873
why final image doesn't look like having a brown skin? rather, purplish blue.
If I understood right, that creature has brown skin. because base color is brown.
is it because blue light is strong?
>>
>>2598920
It's the power of layers, anon. You put all those layers in the respective modes and monster magic happens, in this case I guess the most important ones are the purple multiply layer and blue screen layer.
>>
>>2598927
oh. I'm not familiar with multi layer so I overlooked it. thanks.
>>
>>2598873
I have been doing freelance artwork for about 3 or 4 years now and i can try and give some pointers.

Deviant Art can be useful to fined work.Go on the job forums and you can find something.
Craigslist can be a bit of a headache but i have got work there and i also look on conceptart.org but im not sure if i have ever got any work on there.

And, although i dont 100% recommend this since the frustration of it all has almost broken me, try selling t-shirts on sites like TeePublic and RedBubble. Although, my shit gets taken down alot with DMCA's and the like. And, i used to make a killing on there last year but due to some use DMCA take dones on my work, i havent made a penny in months :C
>>
Bump. But I think very few anons here can actually say yes to the first question.
>>
I do all right. Paying my rent with it, but I've cut it close a few times.

Fastest way to get hired is to have someone recommend you to a client/employer.

Honestly, the best way to make money in art is to get a steady job at a studio. Freelance can be good for short bursts but if you're early in your career you WILL spend a lot of time job hunting.
>>
>>2600428
Do you have to communicate a lot? Or is it just get a task, do it, get the bank. Rinse and repeat.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.