[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Muh neuroplasticity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: 47638729.png (76 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
47638729.png
76 KB, 225x225
>Muh neuroplasticity
>>
muh tongue my anus
>>
>>2598773
lool. i was just reading that today. i feel that i want to read the introduction to get a proper start. but she keeps reiterating the same points again and again and its long! and all the quotes on the sides. jesus i am not that fragile.
>>
>>2599340
what book?
>>
>>2598773
>Muh neuroplasticity

Anything to trick yourself into believing it's not your fault you don't improve, huh OP?
>>
I'm not familiar with this meme.
>>
>>2598773
I see you've begun to rapidly lose Neuroplasicity
>>
>>2599357
Let me explain briefly; after 25 you begin to rapidly lose the sufficient neuroplasticity needed to gather your thoughts and learn efficiently and quickly. It doesn't mean you're completely fucked after 25, it just means you're fucked.
>>
>>2599458
That really sounds depressing.
>>
>>2599500

I would make the exception if you are Jewish. Jewish plasticity is quite abundant until they reach their 50s.
>>
>>2599753
Lol fuck off shekelstein
>>
>>2599342

My guess is Drawing on the right side of the brain

It's good for level 0 newcomers who draw stuck figures for sure, teaches you how to not symbol draw. But all the neurological comments in the book are mostly bunk because the author is batshit crazy for thinking she had the qualification to write about the brain.

... I still give people my copy as a loan and have to give that disclaimer super often.
>>
>>2599927
Just burn it already and get Keys To Drawing. I don't know why people waste their time with that shit when KTD is such an obviously superior alternative.
>>
>>2599458
Check out Tim Ferriss. He had a show about learning shit proficiently in under a week. It was fantastic. Now, he wasn't pro or even intermediate skill at what he studied. But the show focuses on how quickly one can learn. I believe Josh Kaufman has a video about it too.
>>
>>2599340
read the introduction to what?
>>
>>2599355
it's not my fault, it's my body's fault.
Gosh dang.
>>
>>2600254
>i'm not gay, my mouth is the one sucking dick
>>
>>2600260

It's not the mouths fault the dick was within a 5 cm radius but the body of the person the dick is attached to.
>>
>>2599753
kek

>>2599888
checked
>>
>>2599342
drawing on the right side of the brain. its not just for total beginners honestly. the book makes you aware of what your brain is predisposed to and how to tackle it. something we have come to know as symbol drawing
>>
>>2599357
>>2599421
>>2599458
The common meme is that after 20-25 you can't learn anything anymore.

But it's not true, just a bunch of autists looking for a reason to not improve or work hard in their art.

http://www.whatisneuroplasticity.com/
>>
>>2600518
b-but muh neuroplasticity D:
>>
>>2600518
>tfw late 20s and my job is to learn new things and apply them to my work
I look forward to keeping muh brain primed for learning while others stop using theirs and wonder why they aren't as sharp anymore.
>>
>>2599357

You've probably encountered this meme a dozen times already, you're just not neuroplasticine enough to retain it
>>
>>2600628
lel
>>
Is that some kind of surgery?

What the fuck are you talking about, this is /ic/, post drawings or get out.
>>
>>2600641
>some kind of surgery
It's playdough made for smart kids you fucking retard
>>
>>2600641
Bs meme where apparently you cant learn anything anymore after 25.

Its /ic/s attempt to have a failure state so they can stop trying after, at, or near that agr.
>>
>>2600652
or to bully people like manlets at /fit/

never gonna make it
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.