[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Figured this is the most appropriate board to ask this: I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr art style.png (8 KB, 360x336) Image search: [Google]
tumblr art style.png
8 KB, 360x336
Figured this is the most appropriate board to ask this:

I'm not an artist, just tangentially interested in art and design, and one thing that has been bothering me lately is how this art style has become so prevalent. "C-shaped" mouths, puffy cheeks, small and widely spaced apart eyes, red "tumblr" noses, spaghetti limbs and bodies lacking any sort of definition whatsoever.

Even otherwise competent artists who aren't just chasing after the bottom-of-the-barrel Steven Universe/Adventure Time aesthetic have as of late begun incorporating several aspects of this style into their works, most notably the faces, and I'm wondering, why? Do people find it cute and aesthetically pleasing? Is it the west's equivalent to the moe anime art style?

What does /ic/ think about this trend?
>>
File: image.jpg (5 KB, 300x57) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5 KB, 300x57
>>2597578
It's the result of the decades of jews undermining artistic progress so that people become disenfranchised from their peoples' culture and the cohesion within nation states slowly dissolves until the citizens finally beg to be conquered by old families of internationalist elites.

Also, check my captcha kek
>>
thread hidden :^)
>>
>>2597580
>>2597582
I thought I was on /ic/, must have clicked /b/ by accident.
>>
File: 1465396116301.png (1 MB, 1699x1638) Image search: [Google]
1465396116301.png
1 MB, 1699x1638
>>2597600
You don't think that it's just a coincidence that western art and animation went to shit the exact same time that the jews took control of mainstream western media?
>>
It's all about making shit super easy and cheap to animate.
>>
>>2597613
Then why are people using that style for still drawings?
>>
>>2598367

Easy to animate is also easy to draw in general, plus a lot of people copy the art style from animation because they like the animation and want their pictures to look similar.

Essentially, it's just fashion. Art follows fashion trends just like most other things. Some of it is practical; they discover ways to make an image look passable with less effort or new technology opens up new options, but a lot of it is just people's taste generally being to like things they are familiar with. Show artists lots of images in a certain style and a fair number of them will start to imitate it.
>>
>>2598414
Probably the best answer you'll get op
>>
>>2597578
Blame Adventure Time, anon-kun.

People are inspired by what they watch.
>>
>>2597605
>the exact same time that the jews took control of mainstream western media

So, since forever?
>>
>>2598842
No?
>>
>>2598414
The fashion thing is actually an very interesting aspect, I've never thought about it like that. This also explains why I'm always annoyed by it and tend to do my own thing. But I can also understand why people like to draw what others draw, less being outcast by groups, more acceptance, but in the end they can't design their own things if they only draw fanart or portraits of film stars.
>>
>>2597580
As a jew myself, I can safely say that there is no retarded conspiracy, we're just greedy assholes.
>>
It's just a trend. Remember all the flat shit with thick lines in the 2000s, when everyone was ripping off craig mccracken and genndy tartakovsky? Or how about the gross out shit in the 90s, where everyone was ripping off ren and stimpy? It's just what's popular at the moment. In a few years, everyone will move on, and start ripping off someone else.
>>
>>2598367
It's habit. When you find a style that you like, you stick to it. Plus, by having to animate it, you have to draw it a hell of a lot more then you usually would. This also explains why manga is so close to anime stylistically- most of the early mangaka were also animators.
>>
>>2599536
There's jews and then there's (((jews))). You and my grandmother are obviously not part of the international clique. Doesn't stop you from voting over 90% democrat to help out the actual members of that clique to enslave America, though.
>>
File: reevesfuckface.jpg (97 KB, 551x549) Image search: [Google]
reevesfuckface.jpg
97 KB, 551x549
>>2597605
you're an idiot. not only an antiyosemite sam, but an idiot.
the jews who were running theatres were abandoned from the eastcoast by one of your friends, so they decided to move to the westcoast and found a new enterprise in HOLLYWOOD.
lo and behold the business went well and now there are crybabies again complaining about the typical jew taking over businesses.
it's the same bullshit all over again. jews in medieval europe weren't allowed to enter guilds, so they went into the trading business. it didn't take long before cunts like yourself were outraged by the fact of how much money they were making.

can't stand niggers though
>>
>>2601587
What's your point? Hollywood is shit too. Maybe people wouldn't have a problem with them if everywhere they went didn't turn to shit
>>
>>2601587
And no, jews did not "found a new enterprise in hollywood". The founding fathers and mothers of hollywood were all non-jews.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.J._Whitley
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daeida_Wilcox_Beveridge
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._W._Griffith
>>
>>2601587
This is bullshit. Jews became rich in the middle ages because banking and loaning was illegal for Christians, but not for Jews. Furthermore, Jews are an urban population who live in other people's countries, so they rarely lived in poor rural areas and weren't forced to work as miners and farmers, but generally stuck to more lucrative professions and crafts that allowed them to belong to the upper and middle classes. Combine this with nepotism, and you'll see why the Jews are both wealthy and reviled.
It's tribalism, monopolizing certain industries and not having to spread your population across the entire spectrum of a normal country, because the host population does all the dirty work.
>>
oh boy people whining about cartoons looking similar and people whining about jews

my two favorite subjects
>>
>>2601627
>Jews became rich in the middle ages because banking and loaning was illegal for Christians, but not for Jews.
So what?
>Furthermore, Jews are an urban population who live in other people's countries
But it's ok now because they have Israel, which everyone supports!
>Combine this with nepotism
See also: monarchies/oligarchies
>>
>>2601641
Is this a joke post?
>>
ITT: the /pol/ish invasion
>>
>>2601641
I'll support Israel when we ship all the '''American''' kikes there.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.