[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a page from Mockingbird #1 from DC Comics. Can you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: mockingbird issue 1.jpg (111 KB, 844x1024) Image search: [Google]
mockingbird issue 1.jpg
111 KB, 844x1024
This is a page from Mockingbird #1 from DC Comics.

Can you spot the perspective mistakes?
>>
All parallel lines don't meet at a vanishing point
>>
>>2595747
What's up with the two ladies on the right side? They looks really off.
>>
>>2595747
The figures are out of perspective and give the classic tilting look.
>>
>>2595747
Yes I can
>>
I think most normies could spot that, it's pretty off.
>>
>>2595747
Size of the chairs
>>
>>2595747
This MARVEL comics not DC
>>
>>2595747
Are all the pages like this? With super boring angles?
>>
>>2595747
How do you get a job working at a big name company, yet still make beginner mistakes?
>>
>>2595963
It's current year shitlord!

DIVERSITY UBER ALLES!
>>
>>2595747
The artist is just using a telephoto lens
>>
>>2595747
top kek
>>
>>2596323

Telephoto lens meme in photography should relly die.
>>
>>2595747

> !SPOILER!
The chairs are random sizes, badly shaded, not aligned, the guy has no cast shadow, Black Widow is floating above her seat and most importantly both girls are drawn in straight up profile in spite of it being a top-view. Did I miss anything?
>>
>>2595781
theyre drawn fine, but doesn't work from that eye level. For it to make sense, they must be drawn from above.
>>
>>2595963
deadline > all
>>
>>2595747
Actually, this is an artistic statement a la Luncheon on the Grass.
>>
Who cares, it's meant to represent not function as a scientific formula of a fictional room. By posting this you also convey the opinion that comicbooks usually have good art instead of being full of drawings that need to appeal to teenagers.
>>
>>2595747

The perspective of the chairs on the left is all wrong.

Would a normie

>>2599864
>>2599860
>>2599830
>>2599822
>>2595953

Would a normie recognize the perspective mistakes in this or would they not even notice?

Daniel Clowes always has very simple one point perspective backgrounds that aren't distracting at all.
>>
>>2599920
normies notice shit when it comes to people, and animals, esp if a face is off. but if you mean would they still read the comic, yes.
>>
>>2595747
This is Marvelnthough.
>>
>>2600023
Yeah, I can't imagine someone deciding "hey I'm not going to buy this comic anymore because the artist did something wrong". In fact, I bet they could get away with a lot worse.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.