[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are the W&N Pigment Markers the biggest art supply scam currently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: winsor newton pigment markers.png (472 KB, 1038x576) Image search: [Google]
winsor newton pigment markers.png
472 KB, 1038x576
Are the W&N Pigment Markers the biggest art supply scam currently around or just "too ahead of its time"?

>Due to the ingredients, doesn't blend so well with any other markers (water-based, alcohol, acrylic)
>Needs its own specific paper, or things like Yupo to fully utilize the gimmick
>Soaks through any other types of paper, blending is completely fucked because of that
>"100 years of lightfastness" slogan to justify the price (on par, sometimes surpassing, higher end markers such as Copic)
>Currently without a refill system, must buy duplicate pens (such as their white blender)
>Due to the way they suggest to people RE: cleaning off the nibs, product runs out at a faster rate
>>
They're a step on the right direction at least, being lightfast unlike those expensive dye-based makers. I only have 3 grays but I like them well enough. They bleed less than Copics, but also tend to ruin the surface of normal paper if you layer more than a couple of coats. You don't really need their fancy paper, they actually work really well on the back side of regular marker paper.
>>
their white marker is cool, but yeah. trying to clean off white nib any time after mixing wound up to a lot of the paint being lost. could try to do extra stuff to lessen the paint loss.

i've also seen a review vid of someone attempting to use them with a brush as a bootleg watercolour. ended up pretty awkward
>>
Are these better than alcohol markers ? What are the differences beetween them ? Could we youse the two for the same kind of drawing ?
>>
>>2594536
best way i can describe the consistency is like a thinned down paint marker mixed with an alcohol marker
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.