[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't see my art
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Pinktrees-1.jpg (69 KB, 448x296) Image search: [Google]
Pinktrees-1.jpg
69 KB, 448x296
So I am considered to be on some kind of fucked up "legally blind" scale because of a visual impairment I have. My eyes are shit, but what kills me is that I have nerve damage in them to the point where I see everything off that it actually is in reality.

It's very annoying, and it has left me bumping into many walls, dropping nearly everything I try to touch, and not allowed to drive.

It makes drawing extremely difficult for me. I can only zoom so much, but are there any other good tools for visually impaired artists? I use the fuck out of ruler guides, but making actual lines in relation to x-body part is still a huge bitch for me.

My main program I use is Sai. Any suggestions on how to handle my handicap?
>>
Give up on 2d and learn 3D
>>
>>2592410
I just work more with my imagination, I cannot copy, but I can build things alright. And work planning a bit before hand. I also see badly. Somehow, people likes it and tend to think my work is great even with its flaws. I'm slow as fuck, tho, so I will never work as a pro,

That was my experience, OP. I hope it helps you.
>>
get a really cool stylish cane.
>>
>>2592410
how are your eyes shit? you can't tell distances from you and the objects, between objects, you see blurry? what?

also show us your work, changes are you are a beginner and all beginners find excuses, no matter if they have an actual handicap or not

you might actually be able to use your handicap for your art, since not everybody sees like you and you bring a new look on things for other

as long as you can see your tools and your subject you should be fine
>>
>>2595064
and some dark glasses and a good dog.
>>
>>2592410
Go to an optometrist and fix your eyes.
>>
>>2595065
This
I've got myopia and I draw better when I take my glasses off, since I'm forced to simplify the values and omit details
>>
>>2592410
Draw until it looks right to your eyes, tell everybody about your condition, and profit off of how unique of an artist you are.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.