[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Do 1 hour of practice everyday >Progress pretty far in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1466651124550.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1466651124550.gif
2 MB, 300x300
>Do 1 hour of practice everyday
>Progress pretty far in 12 days
>Realize I could have learned it all in two days

How do I develop my discipline /ic/?
>>
>>2588664
>Realize I could have learned it all in two days
I really doubt that

How do I develop my discipline /ic/?
do two hours next 12 days
push yourself
>>
>>2588675
That was the plan.
I was going to do 1:30
Then 2 hours after that

The main issue is keeping my sanity between working in construction and drawing 2 hours a day.
>>
>>2588675
I really don't want to burn out, but I don't want to limit myself and progress slowly.
>>
I can't believe when I see people pushing 6 hours of continuous study.

I wonder if they have a large amount of free time or if they're just like me.
>>
File: scared.png (206 KB, 396x266) Image search: [Google]
scared.png
206 KB, 396x266
>Come up with idea
>Decide to render it out
>While sketching come up with 10 new ideas
>Decide to work on those as well
>Realize I could've spend all that time to get 1 good piece

send help
>>
>>2588664
It took me a year and a bit of random "study" before I felt like i was actually starting to truly learn and improve. You learn discipline, and like all learning, it takes time and mileage.
>>
>>2588696
The former. They have lots of free time(unemployed and living off their parents) and have the discipline put in the work.
>>
>>2588706

This. I felt like I was getting stuff done for the first couple of months but then I learnt how to learn and started progressing much faster. Also it was more fun because my stuff was less shitty.

>>2588664

No necessarily true. For example, if you're only going to practice 7 hours a week, it's better to do it one hour a day than all in one day.
>>
>>2588664
Nah senpai you gotta look back and self crit, realize where to improve, think about what u have done.
U cant just come on thru and be dope af instantly.
>>
>>2588702
Write down your cool ideas so you can do them after you finish the first sketch you start.

>>2589210
I agree. Talent isn't a race. Just grind it out OP. An hour a day should be your MINIMUM. If you set a maximum it's easy to hear the timer go off and stop.
>>
>>2588664

It's about doing it everyday not cramming it all at once.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.