[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I've considered giving up on trying to learn how to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: sheetofpaper.jpg (1 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
sheetofpaper.jpg
1 KB, 219x230
So, I've considered giving up on trying to learn how to draw, I may need to calm down since I've been trough sad times recently, and have been a lot more impatient and intolerant at my mistakes.
Is there anyhing I should take a look at first?
>>
>>2587561
Your basics.
And the themes and style you are drawing.
If you get bored of it you have to re-invent yourself.
Then you will be motivated again. You need to challange yourself.
>>
>>2587561
This is more of a /his/ issue, but I know that feeling. Even if I just stared drawing I have felt that on other activities.
Do what >>2587773 says, but also start drawing for yourself, that kind of useless self-criticism is only useful as an excuse for a Japanese to kill himself. /ic/ is full of dougebags with sad lives with superiority complexes, do not let your ideal internal artist become /ic/ in flesh and blood against you.
>>
>>2587561
Been there, friend. I don't know you but if this is how you truly feel then it indicates you're really an artist at heart, so don't give up. A hack wouldn't get depressed, they'd just move on to some other fad. Transmute your frustration into motivation, brother. It's the inner alchemy of all artists.
>>
>>2587561
Also, don't look at cringe threads or post work your not sure of as its own thread. You will just attract NEETs with a superiority complex, as this good anon has said. Cringe threads are funny, but it often is a bunch of douchebags hating on beginner level artwork. Or they're just trolls who post actually decent stuff and wait to see the reaction. I don't wade much outside beginner and draw threads, or the threads that seem like they have good constructive crit going on. You'll get past this shit, anon.
>>
>>2588163
this.

Most of the threads here are bait, so it's easy to become discouraged especially if you don't think too highly of your work in the first place. most of the NEETs on /ic/ are too salty to improve, so they stay here all day and don't draw anything.

If you want to improve, I recommend only coming here to gather resources. (pdfs, tutorials, reference, etc.)
>>
File: 00247d0936.jpg (103 KB, 477x626) Image search: [Google]
00247d0936.jpg
103 KB, 477x626
never surrender dude, i'm half skilled and im still studing ligth and shades, body proportions etc. after 2 and half years.

pic related and still need details -ashakuras-
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.