[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Figure sculpting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Hey, this is my first time figure sculpting. What do you guys think?
>>
>>2586881
Not bad
Not bad at all
>>
Observing a naked woman was awkward at first, but I suppose I'll get used to it.
>>
>>2586881
OP what materials are you using?
>>
>>2586881
>>2586912
Also do you have any books you can recommend that involve figure sculpting?
>>
>>2586912
That special clay that doesn't dry.
>>
File: 1443160113634s.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1443160113634s.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
>>2586923
>>
>>2586912
Looks a lot like Monster Clay
>>
>>2586917
Philippe Faraut has some great books and videos online about figure sculpting. I also use https://www.anatomynext.com/ They have a ton of resources for figure anatomy. "Anatomy for Sculptors" is a great book aswell.
>>
>>2586958
>>2586960
Thank you anons, really appreciate it. Also although a lot of people say ic is shit, this is still a great place for people to share info.
>>
>>2586964
those kind of people only pay attention to all the filler threads that aren't stuff like the draw threads or the alt style threads, etc...
>>
>>2586964
up to now i've felt like ic is fantastic, I got and gave plenty of feedback, it's great. people how think otherwise are just there to shitpost, and then they complain on the board. post work, talk about work, and nothing bad will happen to you.

>>2586975
tbqh, these threads make up 95% of the content of the board.
There could be more cool threads like the character design one, but they don't get enough attention and they are quickly slid by autistic mongoloids (like the aforementioned thread).

M/ic/GA.
>>
>>2586881
Doesnt look very good
>>
>>2586881
Start with water-based clay. Oil based tends to be more challenging and it looks like you are having trouble.
>>
>>2587123
>>2587138
This was for a class. What specifically should I change?

Also, I fucked up and made the armature backwards so the backiron was literally sticking out of her pubic triangle. That's how much of a noob I am. The teacher fixed it for me after class.
>>
Take more time on the details. You put the facial features and muscles on the upper torso in there too quickly. Otherwise it's really good for your first sculpture.
>>
File: Photo on 7-3-16 at 6.11 PM.jpg (173 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 7-3-16 at 6.11 PM.jpg
173 KB, 1080x720
>>2587508
funny that an intro class has you using clay instead of something more manageable like sculpey.

i did this for a class not long ago, a good tip is to work in strips of clay. as in, separate it into rectangular pieces and assemble your maquette in layers, which helps build an organic silhouette.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.