[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm having a problem. Lately, I push myself to get popular
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1463103672366.jpg (143 KB, 575x850) Image search: [Google]
1463103672366.jpg
143 KB, 575x850
I'm having a problem. Lately, I push myself to get popular with my art. I post on social media. I put a lot of effort into my work and while I get views, likes, reblogs, etc, I feel that it's not enough. I've equated these numbers as popularity and worth. People have have been talking about my art outside of the comments sections as well.

What's worth more, numbers on your art (bookmarks, likes, favorites) or conversation about the work?
>>
Genuinely enjoying the process, striving to improve and not caring about what people think of it.
>>
>>2586605
this
>>
>>2586602
what first commenter said, but if you gotta choose between the options u listed, i'd pick conversation always. favs just mean somebody saw and thought 'oh thats nice', or maybe they just liked one tiny specific part, and even if they loved it they probably forgot 10 minutes later. conversation means they thought about it and actually give a fuck abt it to some extent
>>
>>2586605
/thread
>>
>>2586602
how many followers do you have?
>>
I like what you posted but I know other artists that can do that kind of stuff 10 times better. That's from a viewer's perspective. Why would I go to you instead of another. Not to pull you down though, you seem to have skills (judging from the pic) now it's just a matter of having a personality. Live experiences and pull from them. Find your niche, people will cater to it.

Also, post content regularly.
>>
Money and pussy are the only measures that count. If your art isn't getting you one of those, then you'd better enjoy it for it's own sake.
>>
File: 1408102063137#.jpg (582 KB, 1550x1054) Image search: [Google]
1408102063137#.jpg
582 KB, 1550x1054
>>2586713
>I like what you posted but I know other artists that can do that kind of stuff 10 times better.

Man, I sure would love to hear of those artists who can do what Ruanjia does only 10 times better.
>>
>>2587162
I think, he just wanted to state a principle.
No matter what you do, there is someone, out there who is greater than you. If not on this earth than maybe on an other planet.

Great artists are great and popular, because they do their thing. Do your thing. Don't try to be popular, if it happens, it just happens.

No popular artist says: "I want to be the best artist in the world and make lots of moneys, and get lots of pussies."

That's not an artist, that's a business man.
>>
>>2586713
He posted a Ruan jia pic u dumb nigger, holy fuck
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.