[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know how I can practice figure drawing. There is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1463334589876.jpg (44 KB, 500x710) Image search: [Google]
1463334589876.jpg
44 KB, 500x710
I don't know how I can practice figure drawing.
There is this website who allow you to draw several model photos in a restricted time but I don't know if that's really helping.

I want to practice on motions, anatomy and all of that, I have the Loomis PDF but honestly I don't find it really appealing, the whole book is kind of a mess. I don't really get what I'm supposed to do.

I have several photos of references (pic rel, i love that picture), should I simply draw them without taking any measures, just with my eye and my pencil ?
>>
>>2583890
I'm assuming you want to draw figures from imagination
So you could draw this pose just as a skeleton, nothing complicated or detailed just the basic forms.
The muscles on another layers, again just the important ones, knowing their insertions and origins, again, not super accurate,
Additionally you could try to draw the same pose from different angles
>>
>>2583921
Yeah but I'm not able to draw every muscle, and even less drawing from different angles
>>
>>2584043
wow

sounds like maybe u might want to think about

***practicing***
>>
>>2583921
also, what do you mean by imagination ? I don't mind using references when necessary, in fact they are so helpful
>>
Is there not a figure drawing workshop near you?
>>
>>2583890

I'm learning too. I really like the Michael Hampton book Figure Drawing Design and Invention. Also go to figure drawing sessions. Quickpose is okay but you really improve from drawing in person.

Also it just takes a long time; the human body is possibly the most difficult thing to draw. Keep chipping away at it.
>>
Get Bridgman's 'Constructive Anatomy', copy every picture out of it cleanly and accurately. That's going to seem really intimidating, and that's because it is, but I did it and you can too. You might not learn a lot about anatomy at first, but you'll get laser fucking accurate and that's the gateway to figure drawing. Look up comparative measuring technique for help with accuracy.

Loomis is amazing, but when you first start you don't understand enough about drawing to appreciate it. Just keep learning from as many sources as possible, and try to absorb as much information as you can.

If you have money to burn just sign up for Jeff Watt's online atelier for a hundred bucks a month and practice the living shit out of the material.
>>
>>2584051
No there's nothing where I live

>>2584098
Loomis seems to be very interesting, there are a lot of useful information but I don't like how everything is justified splatted on a page like a "fuck you, here is everything you need, you are on your own"

Also I've found Frank Cho's book about drawing women and I'm having fun trying to memorize the little info there is. Honestly it's not really a learning book but there are some useful things and God I love how he draws women.
>>
>>2584635
>I don't like how everything is justified splatted on a page like a "fuck you, here is everything you need, you are on your own"
Thats why I like Loomis and Bridgeman. Too many books explain and dont show, when drawing is fucking visual.
>>
>>2584674
Yeah I get your point.
I think an explanation is always necessary. I'm not a native English speaker so when I opened this pdf of Loomis I didn't really knew what to do with all of this.
There were all those examples of perspectives, those charts.
Amazing stuff who is not only difficult to master but also difficult to practice in my opinion

I will probably check Loomis again tho
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.