[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, so disregarding the actual tuition fees, what would be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 5090.jpg (11 KB, 270x187) Image search: [Google]
5090.jpg
11 KB, 270x187
Okay, so disregarding the actual tuition fees, what would be the best colleges to learn concept art/illustration in the U.S? Places where I can learn valuable technical skills and such. Art Center seems promising but I've heard a lot of shit about it, so I'm not sure. Thoughts?
>>
Fuck collage, it will only give you debt and will actually hinder progress

Either take a cs course or/and neet it up and take digital mentorships/live drawing sessions and ataliers
>>
>>2578885

> disregarding the actual tuition fees
>>
ive heard good things about laguna college of art and design, but youd be way better off searching for an atelier vs an art college.
>>
>>2578885
>>2579211

Money is not a problem, my parents just want me to get a degree, even if it's in art. Since I'm basically forced to go to college despite any reasoning I give them about schools being superior technical wise, I have to find a college that is extremely good at actually teaching art.
>>
>>2579220
Point still stands that art school is just not efficient enough

An degree in art is also one of the most worthless things you can have peroid, perhaps a international bachelor to move out of the country.

If you truly do not give a shit and want to waste your time at an art school for whatever reason, then go for private schooling such as FZD or Gnomon or the big stuff like that

It won't net you an official degree (you will get a sort of letter of recommendation/diploma I assume if you do study at any big private school thing though) but it will net you skills

If you are just doing this for a bachelors degree then just go for some lightweight CS course where you can slack off (just get passing grades and you're fine) and draw the rest of the time, because if you do get an degree, you don't want an art degree
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.