[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of upwork and freelancer? Possible to earn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1212312.jpg (22 KB, 551x258) Image search: [Google]
1212312.jpg
22 KB, 551x258
What do you think of upwork and freelancer?

Possible to earn a living wage there (30k+) if you're actually good?
>>
I just clicked on one of the supposed top users on upwork, a concept artist, and seeing as he'd made about $370 over a years time the answer to your question is probably "no" going by that anecdote alone. These kinds of things should be avoided, anyway. Upwork for example charges up to 20% of your money and an additional 3% processing fee.
>>
>>2577402

That blows. I am just trying to find ways where I can earn a living as an illustrator/concept artist/whatever before I go 100% into it. 30-35k/year is enough for me.
>>
>>2577910
>30-35k/year
Damn where do you live nigga?
I can live pretty comfortably with half lol
>>
>>2577915

Canada. 1 bedroom apartments here cost $1400/month not including everything else.
>>
>>2577919
i never uderstood why people dont just move
unless you have family and whatnot
>>
>>2577910
>That blows. I am just trying to find ways where I can earn a living as an illustrator/concept artist/whatever before I go 100% into it. 30-35k/year is enough for me.

Unfortunately, there is nothing close to this in existence. There is no easy to use marketplace for freelance illustrators. Upwork is a race to the bottom. You'll occasionally find solid paying gigs on there, but they are few and far between and there is no guarantee you'll win them. They will likely go to the lowest bidder, regardless of skill.

You also have no rights. I've read horror stories on how these sites will always side with the client in a dispute with the freelancer, regardless of how wrong they are. Overall, it is a colossal waste of effort to build up a profile. Avoid these sites.

>illustrator/concept artist/whatever
You need to pick one. You cannot find steady work as a jack-of-all trades. You need a singular focused portfolio that shows prospective clients what you're offering.

Making money with illustration is possible but it is NOT easy. You can't half ass it and expect any kind of success, even if your expectations are low.
>>
>>2577919
>tfw was going to move to Canada after degree because the Euro/ CaD exchange was pretty great
>knock-on effect from Britain leaving EU has already destabilised the currency, but the long-term effects are pending
Dang.
>>
>>2577919
I live in an RV and can pick up and move whenever I want. $300 a month for the RV, $200 for renting a spot.
>>
File: 1464382757693.jpg (51 KB, 310x288) Image search: [Google]
1464382757693.jpg
51 KB, 310x288
>>2577910
Are you one of those who don't even can drawing but already trying to decide which site he will use for freelance and his prices?
>>
>>2578274
>don't even can drawing

Yikes, looks like you don't even can english.
>>
>>2578274

Fuck off retard. I care about drawing and find it very enjoyable, but I am intelligent and ambitious so even in this shitty industry I will look to maximize my success.

Sorry if that triggers you.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.