[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I make my ms paint artwork look better? >inb4 use
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: untitled.png (197 KB, 1134x537) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
197 KB, 1134x537
How do I make my ms paint artwork look better?

>inb4 use pencil and paper

Helpful answers only please
>>
File: Heads2 Blog.jpg (1006 KB, 1351x904) Image search: [Google]
Heads2 Blog.jpg
1006 KB, 1351x904
>>2576503
https://youtu.be/v2g5qbvb7F4
Have a tablet.

Learn to draw.

Practice.
>>
>>2576503
Observe your subject, the flame is clearly not the yellow you've chosen and becomes translucent near the candle, where did the random pixel shit come from that surround your flame?

Start at the sticky
>>
>>2576503
stop symbol drawing
>>
File: 1458241181308.gif (161 KB, 700x750) Image search: [Google]
1458241181308.gif
161 KB, 700x750
>>2576503
By giting gud at art

MS paint is simply a tool used to get to your final product. Though MS Paint is pretty limiting when you compare it to other software, like Photoshop, a tool is a tool. If you don't have the skills in the first place, you just need to practice, practice, practice.

>>2576548
Jesus Christ
>>
>>2576503
Your drawing overal is bad. Draw more and try to draw what you see. Not a speed rush a drawing usually takes like atleast 10 minutes +. You didn't capture the form whatsoever so just take a longer time to draw and draw a lot more.
>>
>>2576548
Too realistic. Almost can't believe that crappy program works some times.
>>
>>2576868
I actually really like the feel that these have, the pencil brush in paint makes it all remarkably clean

Maybe I should use the PS pencil brush more often
>>
>>2576548
>is it the santa one
>yes it's the santa one
>god damn it it's the santa one
>hello depression my old friend
>>
>>2577016
No rules just tools. :^)
>>
File: Untitled.png (100 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
100 KB, 500x500
>>2576503
i tried painting it. i did a shit job but my point is.

the better the fundamentals = the better the painting.

mspaint means no opacity, and no pressure sensitivity. look up oil paint videos, or read alla prima.
>>
>>2576548

I like his french fries one. Generally when people use such unlikely medium like that one fat fuck drawing with "Milky Way" chocolate bar it seems like ultimate fuck you "see, I can draw better with shit than you'd ever, ez win, l2p n00b"
>>
File: 43.jpg (48 KB, 391x615) Image search: [Google]
43.jpg
48 KB, 391x615
yay, fun.
>>
>>2577016
It's obviosly heavily referenced and the guy spent 50 hours on it. If you apply yourself and start getting decent at art you could do it yourself, probably in half the time or a quarter of the time. Hell some people could pull what he did off in 5 hours or less.
>>
File: untitled.png (147 KB, 572x732) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
147 KB, 572x732
>>2576578

Have you ever actually read Loomis?
>>
File: untitled.png (6 KB, 231x435) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
6 KB, 231x435
Thanks for the advice everyone.

So basically I just need to practice more?

Is this attempt better? I didn't draw the outline with lines, I just drew with colors
>>
>>2577674
There's a thread for this
>>2575666
>>
>>2577728
I will make sure to remember that for next time, but as this thread is already here and I've already posted the pictures and cannot delete them, so cannot post them in the other thread, could you be kind enough to help me in this thread? Many thanks for your time
>>
>>2577674
It's slightly better but you need a lot of practice. Basically don't symbol draw or in other words don't draw what you think to see a car isn't a square with wheels and windows it's a complex form. What you should do is measure things with your fingers or with tools not with a ruler just a quick comparison in size and thickness etc. It's for as far as I can tell one of the most important aspects to just measure the details. Simply nothing is really what it first seems you will eventually start seeing more as it's shaped than what your brain is trying to fool you. For example a good practice is to draw something opposite like an upside down person starting from the top.
>>
>>2577773
Or measure with your mind.
>>
>>2577728
More of pixel art thread, imo.
>>
>>2577068
>>2577108
doesn't count cuz you didnt use MSpaint
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.