[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I find more like this? I'm new to art and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6
File: 1465284744998.jpg (28 KB, 320x588) Image search: [Google]
1465284744998.jpg
28 KB, 320x588
How can I find more like this? I'm new to art and I'm not really sure how to find more other than the artist stylistically.
>>
File: Griffith_Pre-Eclipse_Manga.jpg (3 MB, 3051x966) Image search: [Google]
Griffith_Pre-Eclipse_Manga.jpg
3 MB, 3051x966
>>2572265
P-please
>>
File: pollice_verso.jpg (76 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
pollice_verso.jpg
76 KB, 640x430
>>2572265
>Find the artist of the painting
>Look through his wikipedia
>Find similar artists

So for your pic.

The artists name is Francisco Goya. Wiki says he is the last of The old Masters, and the first of the Moderns. So look up some Old Masters (or modernism)

The pic I posted is from Jean Leon Gerome, the painting is from late 1800's.
>>
File: gericaultselfportrait.jpg (32 KB, 439x697) Image search: [Google]
gericaultselfportrait.jpg
32 KB, 439x697
Off the top of my head, Theodore Gericault has
similar themes of morbidity and wild imagery if you are looking for those similar to Goya.
>>
File: judith.jpg (108 KB, 1075x788) Image search: [Google]
judith.jpg
108 KB, 1075x788
>>2572265
It's Goya. Search for Goya. Absorb Goya. Search for paintings of the same period. You'll probably also like Hieronymus Bosch, especially "Garden of Earthly Delights", and Caravaggio.

>Pic related, it's Caravaggio.
>>
>>2572265
If you're talking about the creepy, dark aspect of it, Beksinski is probably up your alley

look up the current "magical realism" even tho the name is dumb
>>
>>2572265
there's already a 'creepy art' thread with a lot of similar work
>>
>>2572833
I fucking love what I'm seeing from Beksinski ty all
>>
http://art.vniz.net/en/
here's a pretty nice place
>>
>>2572265
Here you have a very huge list

http://darkrapture1313.tumblr.com/

Enjoy!!
>>
>>2572265
This is Goya before he went blind.
>>
>>2572265
Is that chronos eating his children?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.