[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ic/, I want to pursue art as a career and am willing to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160619_183624.png (728 KB, 761x916) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160619_183624.png
728 KB, 761x916
Hey /ic/, I want to pursue art as a career and am willing to try my hardest to improve, but first here is my shitty stuff. I'm just here to ask you big players and successful artists about two things. The first is about my worries about art school. I'm almost to the point in life where I need to be thinking about college and I've seen a lot of people on here talk about how if they went back in time they would not go to art school because it was a waste of time and a lot of money. Is this true? Is there a specific school that would be good to go to? And last thing, I see people talk about putting in up to 6hr a day of just drawing. This is crazy to me because I don't know what they are talking about and/or how they do it. I wanna know how that works from some people that have put in that big of a grind, was it just drawing random stuff in the room for 6hr? How did you guys go about it? Anyway I just wanted to start this discussion in the hopes that I can thing more about my future and how I want to go about this whole idea of becoming an artist. Really I'm just here to get a good idea about what I'm getting myself into.
>>
>>2570162
First let me ask you something.

Have you been reading the sticky?
>>
>>2570162
Art School is great for someone like you who lacks the fundamentals and knowledge of art.

People can draw for 6 hrs+ because they know what to improve and always continue to do so
>>
>>2570177
Yes I have, its pretty fun and it's keeping me interested and giving me structure, which I am grateful for.
>>
>>2570162
> What's the best school
More than half the art teachers I met can't draw. They simply print online tutorials because that's all you need. The only person who can teach you is yourself. The only thing a school or teacher can offer is guidance so you don't waste time and become a furry.
> what you're getting yourself into
Stop. First you're going to take sometime to draw at least 2 hours a day and slowly raise that to 4 or 6 when possible. Why? You're making a half-hearted decision on a whim. You should be having fun and losing track of time. Take an entire year off if you have to and just dedicate it to drawing everyday since you want this to be your career.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.