[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Forget how to think in 3D
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1449771976099.png (4 KB, 236x220) Image search: [Google]
1449771976099.png
4 KB, 236x220
How do I stop retain everything I learn?
Every time I take a break from breaking real life objects down into simple 3D forms, I have to redraw them for 3 hours before I'm back to where I was before the break.

Is it best to just do 30 minutes of drawing even if I don't feel like it?
>>
>>2569331
When I was at my peak in life drawing, I could slice through objects with my eyes. I was able to easily see the form in any thing in real life.

As soon as I got to that point, I quit doing it. I thought I would be good, and that the knowledge would never leave me. I was totally wrong.

If I get back to where I was, will continuous practice bring me to a place where I can take a break from life drawing?
>>
You're gonna have to define "Break", OP.
>>
>>2569862
3 weeks of no drawing at all.
>>
>>2570289
Lucky bastard, it takes me three days for every one...
>>
>>2569334
You have to become a master and even that won't guarantee you remember. Neuroplascity loss is a legit thing.
>>
>>2570289
3 weeks is a pretty long break. But regardless if it only takes you 3 hrs to get back into form then I don't see the problem.
>>
>>2569331

1. Download Catia V5/Autodesk Inventor/Solidworks, preferably the first one.

2. Circle -> Extrude, Rectangle -> Extrude, Pocket, Fillet, Fillet,

3. Voila, simple 3D forms.

Optional step: Render -> Set Light Source -> Render Scene
>>
>>2570353
That's pretty far removed from drawing from life though.
>>
>>2570432
What, you don't bring your $2000 computer setup when you go to draw the statue of a sphere in the park?
>>
>>2570432

3D mockup is there to help you when you are lost and "don't know how to break 3D forms into simple shapes". You can have it on separate screen/print and just reference when you feel lost and then get back to looking at the life object.

It's not removed at all from life drawing because hey, you are still doing life drawing, but sculpt/design in 3D to check what forms work and what don't.

Hell, you aren't even doing paintover on 3D, just seeing "oh, huh, so here cylinder would be better than box".

Really, grab any 3D soft, be it CAD or something for artists where you can do low-poly models.
>>
>>2570437

Nigger, you obviously don't do it for plein air, but even if so you could probably quickly make something in SketchUP on your little-ass tablet/memephone in like 15 minutes.
>>
>>2570449
Sounds good to me.

Thanks man.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.