[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you point me towards more artists with the style of Nadia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
Can you point me towards more artists with the style of Nadia Mogelev?

Im such a fan of the shading and the linework its just ugh. I wish she had a tutorial out on her supplies and mindset but maybe someone similar does?
>>
What pencil is this with the brush on the other end never seen it
>>
File: voces-de-venus.jpg (126 KB, 300x524) Image search: [Google]
voces-de-venus.jpg
126 KB, 300x524
>>2567783
Karla Ortiz, she studied at the safehouse atelier with wes burt and carl dobsky, the same school that nadia comes from.
>>
>>2567784
Palomino Blackwing Pearl, it looks like.

I want one of those meme pencils.
>>
>>2567793
So good! Wish I could find a gumroad for someone with this style

>>2567795
Ooh thanks man
>>
>>2567795
any alternative to this thats sold at blicks?
>>
File: 1457040283739.jpg (148 KB, 808x1111) Image search: [Google]
1457040283739.jpg
148 KB, 808x1111
Gonna post Erich Sokol because even though his work was mainly done in acrylic (or gouache?), OP's pic reminds me of his work.
>>
>>2567860
sweet! im really trying to get into doing some small gouache stuff. seems fun to try.
>>
File: tumblr_o03l6ce8Bf1skn1qko1_1280.jpg (110 KB, 1080x615) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o03l6ce8Bf1skn1qko1_1280.jpg
110 KB, 1080x615
>>2567835
Unfortunately I haven't found anything that is as soft
>>
>>2567933
fuck thats so good. Okay then. Might as well just order only 20 bux
>>
>>2567793
>>2567784
>>2567783
nothing makes me rock hard like pencil work like these

there wouldn't happen to be some "pointers"(heehee pun) on how to achieve similar results?

I actually get some decent lines with a slightly dulled/chizzled pencil. But some of my mistakes are going too dark, or ruining the surface by being too rough. Also palm smear, but I know you gotta keep your palm up. Still the pencils smear if anything at all touches it.

Also I go through B-grade pencils like in 2-3 days I do tons of drawings. Means I gotta drive several miles to the art shop... they won't open a Blick in my area. But that's a non-related issue.

I just wanna yap folks...
>>
>>2567933
>>2567940
It's just a fucking pencil. The Pearl isn't that soft and it definitely doesn't go that dark. If you really want in on the meme, pencils.jp sells them individually, including the limited editions. Might as well get some Hi-Unis while you're at it.
>>
>>2567973
same bro. Its really the only look you cant emulate in photoshop imo. ive seen some insane oils and all types of pen work but a great graphite mechanical pencil on moleskine? never.

Im really looking for some gumroad stuff that goes into moleskine pencil sketches like this
>>
>>2567979
I love moleskin, but I'm gonna cover your ass before some cheapfag gets triggered. None of those drawings are moleskin(i firmly believe.) They're just really nice print making paper/strathmore sheets. Stuff you can find in the paper section of pro-tier art stores. Also I believe Miles has a decent gumroad. I'd at least like to see some quality videos on youtube or something.
>>
>>2567993
ha thanks. I thought nadia used a lot of moleskine at least she said so in the level up vid but yeeh. I see.

Miles johnston or w/e does have a nice one, but its hard to see what he is drawing for the first 30 min or so. So light. Agreed.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.