[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some great Gumroad/Patreon tutorials/Vids to contribute to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: 1451600027699.jpg (6 KB, 227x225) Image search: [Google]
1451600027699.jpg
6 KB, 227x225
Seriously, what are some great artist who have decent tutorials that are worth buying.

Anthony Jones is bottom tier for me, not much content and he's regurgitates the same information with actually going in depth at times when needed.
>>
The only good gumroads I've seen so far are rapoza's. The other stuff is just what used to be on YouTube or perhaps ifx. Not real educational stuff.

You'd be better of plopping down from for one of the full courses out there.
>>
i don't really buy gumroads because
>paying for tutorials
but i might pick up dave's latest one. i don't expect to learn anything but the old daggers streams were always super comfy and motivating
>>
>>2565846
matt kohr
>>
>>2565856
Yeah I forgot about him, the porfolio builder series was great.
>>
Yeah there's a ton of crap, out of all the videos Ctrlpaint are the best however, looking for more similar content which actually has useful information and not just the artist talking crap to fill time.

I be tempted to buy krenz at the moment, that seemed useful.
>>
>>2565846
Honestly? None of them. ctrl paint is free, you can pirate NMA. Spend the money on Loomis and other great art books and all you gotta do is practice.
>>
File: 1398652079524.jpg (247 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
1398652079524.jpg
247 KB, 1280x850
>>2565896
>pirate new content but buy a book that is public domain

wut
>>
File: 1465686818083.jpg (24 KB, 421x407) Image search: [Google]
1465686818083.jpg
24 KB, 421x407
>>2565902
I prefer having a book in my hands. NMA is just videos so I see no reason why anyone would pay for that
>>
>>2565916
You're a fucking ass-backwards retard
>>
File: DENIED, SIT DOWN!.png (391 KB, 1146x648) Image search: [Google]
DENIED, SIT DOWN!.png
391 KB, 1146x648
>>2565920
Videos are already free so why pay for it? You don't think piracy is stealing, do you?
>>
>>2565924
>piracy is stealing
>>
For me I prefer Vilppu's old vids than his latest NMA which seems lacking and at times superficial. The only time I found NMA was the perspective course which was really in depth/
>>
>>2565924

A pirate isn't literally taking something away for someone, especially if you wouldn't pay for it anyway (so you're not even withholding potential payment).

I'm not saying don't pirate shit, but using the reason "I could get it for free therefore it has no value" is a shitty attitude.
>>
File: Intro_To_Mech_Design_Cover.jpg (198 KB, 670x493) Image search: [Google]
Intro_To_Mech_Design_Cover.jpg
198 KB, 670x493
John parks videos on mech design are really great, he goes pretty in depth, and teaches a lot of the important fundamentals for mechs like joints. it's a perfect fit alongside scott robertsons H2D book

>>2565855
who said we were paying ;-)
>>
does anyone what the ctrl.paint paid resources are like, are they any good?
>>
File: Mass Effect 3.jpg (712 KB, 1291x993) Image search: [Google]
Mass Effect 3.jpg
712 KB, 1291x993
>>2565995
No, I mean why pay for a video? It's also subscription based which I don't like because the prices are always absurdly high. Get the reasonable price if you sign up for 50 years! It's bullshit.
>>
>>2566012
Yeah as I mentioned before the portfolio builder series is great.
>>
is anyone willing to upload dave's gumroad vids?
>>
>>2565846
Ryan lang`s
>>
>>2566010
shut the fuck up retard holy shit
>>
>>2566018
>why pay for a video

because you might learn something.
>>
>>2567434
No, but I bought them recently and can give a breakdown.

Eyeball knight is him talking about design and life and shit for 5 hours.

So is Bog Witch, but Part One is about his comic technique. Part Two is his grayscale to color technique, which I actually found very useful.
>>
File: 1466245045396.jpg (111 KB, 750x575) Image search: [Google]
1466245045396.jpg
111 KB, 750x575
>>2568204
>>
>>2568271
damn.. at least I know what's in store.
thanks anon
>>
Dave Rapoza is such a qt.
I listen to ctrl+paint not for the actual lessons but because the guys voice is like asmr crack.
John Park and James Paick are very solid gumroad lectures. So is Journey Gurney, John Wallin Liberto, Jama Jurabev and
Yohann Schepacz. They're actually worth the money (yes I actually bought them so I took the risk).
I'd recommend SVSlearn stuff though--but it's not cheap gumroad stuff.

In all, I get more of a kick if a really good artist would just critique/redline/paintover student work and discuss principles and technique. Its a little better than hearing the same lecture points over and over again. John Park does that really really well on his patreon. I've pretty much dled all of his paint/draw over crits but you need to be donating $30+ to access that tier.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.