[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sculpting a figure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: M4_SOPMOD_II scale.png (531 KB, 894x1152) Image search: [Google]
M4_SOPMOD_II scale.png
531 KB, 894x1152
First time sculpting and I need your help /ic/. I've been trying to figure out the height of this character based on the gun which should be around 78cm long, and I think she should be around 150~155cm accounting for the slightly over head perspective, her leaning forward, and the gun at an angle. What do you guys think?
>>
File: DSCF0460.jpg (246 KB, 741x700) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0460.jpg
246 KB, 741x700
Here's what I have and I think the body looks a bit small
>>
File: DSCF0461.jpg (292 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0461.jpg
292 KB, 1024x768
I've cut the body apart and I'm gonna make it bigger. Anyway does the cross section look alright?
>>
>>2564139
I'm not a pro but...Shouldn't you be making a body like a BJD? Or at least making a model first?
>>
>>2565299
I don't understand what you mean
>>
what clay do you use to make such figures?
>>
>>2565430
Super Sculpey. Nips seem to prefer polyester putty/epoxy putty/fando though. Not sure if those are better or they just don't have sculpey there.
>>
File: ref.jpg (189 KB, 1087x618) Image search: [Google]
ref.jpg
189 KB, 1087x618
So I'm trying to figure out her pose and I'm wondering which one looks better. Try not to let the gender of the references influence you. Don't mind that the woman's legs are flipped around. I'm specifically looking at the back leg if it would look better behind the body or in front of the body.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.