[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth the money?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: ifuy.png (229 KB, 1902x966) Image search: [Google]
ifuy.png
229 KB, 1902x966
Is this worth the money?
>>
Fuck no, get this

https://www.huiontablet.com/huion-wh1409.html

>in b4 butthurt Wakikes
>>
>>2561911
No, get the medium.
>>
>>2561911
Don't get the small one. If you can't afford the medium one, use paper instead.
>>
File: ur gay.jpg (40 KB, 267x400) Image search: [Google]
ur gay.jpg
40 KB, 267x400
>>2561914
The medium one is far worse than the Giano

t. knower

Size is the single most important consideration, sorry. The Giano is better than just about anything short of a Cintiq.
>>
>>2561916
>>2561914
Why do I need the medium?
>>
>>2561913
I will look at it
>>
>>2561918
Because you can't draw on such a small surface, you need to use your shoulders to draw and you'll get serious wrist injuries if you use it for a longer time. It's useless and everyone will tell you that. Don't waste money on it, just stay at pencil & paper until you can afford it
>>
>>2561920
Don't. They're cheap chinese crap and they don't work with 50% of software. The drivers will drive you crazy and the tablet will stop working within a year.
>>
>>2561922
I can afford the medium, thank you for the information.
>>2561923
Okay.
>>
File: le thumbs up cat face.jpg (6 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
le thumbs up cat face.jpg
6 KB, 240x240
>>2561923
>Wakike detected

Stop making shit up just because you want anon to piss his money away like you did. This is the good kind of cheap Chinese crap. After using the Giano I'm pretty annoyed I'd dropped like $300 on a used Intuos Large, even if it is marginally better in a handful of mostly superficial ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZsWDz12ZLo
>>
>>2561927
Why not shell out a little more on something you use 9+ hours a day
>>
>>2561927
Wow look at the amazing art you can make with it!
>>
>>2561923
kek what a load of bullshit
>>
>>2561923
I'm a Wakike and there are occasional driver issues here.

Point being using that as an argument isn't really solid.
>>
>>2561929
The Intuos Large isn't better enough than the Giano to warrant the extra money. In my opinion that excess money should go to a Cintiq when and if ever the time comes that you'd like one.

>>2561930
heh

>>2561936
I'm not really trying to knock Wacom as much as it sounds like it; I have and continue to use the Intuos Large as my primary tablet and it's arguably the best available, but the Giano is right up there with it. It's a better product than most other Wacom offerings at a price well under their shittiest.

Long-term reliability issues remain to be seen and are pure speculation as the tablet's only been out a few months now, but from using it personally it is a very capable device. I gave it to a friend of mine (a far better and more "prolific" artist than me) whose been using it for the past couple of weeks and he's been super hyped about it. I'm looking forward to seeing the kind of stuff he does with it. I'll keep the board posted if he mentions anything going south with it but I can't really say if or when that will ever happen.
>>
>>2561923
Thats absolute horseshit. Ive had more problems with my wacom drivers. Please dont spout bullshit
>>
>>2561911
I have a medium one, bought it for 150AUD used. It's bretty gud, no complaints.
>>
>Wakike

what is it?
>>
>>2562031
wacom kike
>>
>>2561956
How'd you get it so cheap?
>>
>>2561911
Worth it, but I'd go for a refurb once first, save a bunch of money and they're perfectly good.
>>
File: 1444267772082.jpg (66 KB, 638x647) Image search: [Google]
1444267772082.jpg
66 KB, 638x647
>>2562031
i always preferred wacuck
>>
Get the medium if you can afford it, otherwise go for a different brand.
Yes it's worth the money. Better buttons, better layout, better nibs, better pen.
Also bickering about shit software/drivers for cheap products is hilarious. They're cheap. Regardless of brand, what did you honestly expect guys.

Medium intous user here. I've had to reset my tablet settings twice so far since I first bought it many years ago.
That's the only problem I've had, and considering it's just a case of saving/loading your settings in a file, it's insanely easy to deal with.

My only real complaint is the shitty placement of the USB port.
>>
>>2562674
Checked eBay/Gumtree often, something good pops up now and then. I wasn't in a rush for a tablet so I didn't mind waiting. It was used, but the seller barely used it. I also nabbed 100 Copics for 100AUD, in good condition too.
>>
>>2563277
>I also nabbed 100 Copics for 100AUD, in good condition too.

bruh
>>
>>2561923
I bought the Giano and have not had any issues with it so far. I thought I was having driver issues in Paint Tool Sai but it actually was just me being retarded and having the Eraser on the wrong setting.
>>
>>2563316
Sure thing, huion marketing team.
>>
>>2563409
Nice try, wakike.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (201 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
201 KB, 1920x1080
I have a huion h610 that cost around 60 dollars a couple of years ago and I really like it. Had trouble with the drivers at first but they went away when I actually installed them correctly.

You don't get a fancy no-battery pen with eraser on the other end but in my opinion, I like the pen relatively heavy and controlling the tool and settings through my keyboard.

The WH1409 that someone posted before looks fantastic, is huge, can work in wireless mode and has over 5000 LPI while keeping 2048 levels of pressure. Anything else is overkill.

Wacom is prohibitely expensive, and their display models are unjustifyable if you are a hobbyst. The Huion GT-185HD looks like a nice alternative for a display tablet but beware some units seem to be defective having dust between the glass and the panel or maybe broken hotkeys. They are covered by the warranty but it's a hassle to wait for the tablet to be shipped from Chinaland just to send it back and having to wait again.
>>
File: 1464805778504.jpg (20 KB, 345x348) Image search: [Google]
1464805778504.jpg
20 KB, 345x348
GET THE MEDIUM OP

Small is waay too small but big is uncomfortable, medium intuos will do ANYTHING, line art, painting, everything with perfect accuracy once you get used to it, do it do it do it
>>
>>2563466
This! I have the Medium and I love it. It's a very nice size that allows you to draw not just with your wrist and it's still small enough to not eat all your desk space. I've has a small tablet before this and I do not recommend it, so much more happy with the larger size. Also, the Intuos is insanely responsive and accurate, no other tablet I've tried can compare with it.
>>
>>2563440
Nice hairline
>>
>>2563836
The Giano has a footprint that's barely any larger than the medium, it's like an inch larger in either direction, while the Large (that has a smaller active area) is like two or more. I've used the Intuos medium, it's plainly worse than the Giano. So sorry safari fampais
>>
>>2561922
Bullshit, I've been using an A5 sized tablet for 2 years and never had any problem.
>>
>>2564000
Nice tablet
>>
>>2561923
>>2561924
>>2561935
>>2561936
>>2561953

>look at all the people here who don't paint at 16x9 at 350 DPI with 1gb+ photoshop files

Don't buy that shit, there's a reason why schools + industry uses Wacom instead of that cheap Chinese trash.
>>
>>2562692

>buying a used product instead of a brand new one that you know won't break

a-are you retarded?

>>2564000

it's receding faster than south korea is from north korea.
>>
>>2568324
>16x9
>350 DPI
are you making phone wallpapers or do you just not know what you're talking about?
>>
Digital ART LOL... falling into this trope before picking up any actually traditional art skills and your art will never have the life or organic feeling you seek, but hey what do I know
>>
>>2568324
>m-muh favorite illustrator uses that.
>>
>>2568332

Assuming it's in inches, thats 5600 X 3150 pixels

Bigger than a most monitors and phones for that matter
>>
>>2568951
>but hey what do I know
Not much ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>2561911
The biggest issue is the small won't map to larger screens well. It is a 1:1 ratio remember of screen to active area, so if you have a 24" or larger screen and buy that tablet (like I did) the mis match of the two will be brutal. Making a tiny line on the postcard sized active area makes A MASSIVE line on my screen. I had an intous 3 large (though it was a medium) and that is too big. I wanted to go one size down so I thought that was the small... it was not. So small is too small (unless you work on a laptop)

I am full regret tier now. BUTTT the lines are super smooth and the tablet itself is really nice!
>>
>>2561923
>wacom isn't also chinese crap
>>
>>2569034
He didn't mention any unit of measurement. 16:9 is a display aspect ratio, no one prints at that except hobbyist photographers, and DPI without a physical size is completely meaningless. I've never seen anyone work at 350 ppi either, the vast majority print at 300 or even lower in the case of large posters and photo prints.

I also don't see what working at very large sizes has to do with using a Huion or Wacom tablet. If anything, a large file would be better to lessen the inaccuracy of a bad tablet.
>>
>>2561911
random question, is the touch option important with the cintiq 22hd? Or is it not worth it?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.