[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
best free comic/manga-doujinshi creating software
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: ganta glock.png (259 KB, 466x480) Image search: [Google]
ganta glock.png
259 KB, 466x480
i want to eventually start a web-comic but i don't really know what tools i should or shouldn't use. any suggestions /ic ?

(pic related; i know beggars can't be choosers, but i would like the software to have the abilities to have a spectrum from basic newspaper strips to the trademark auxiliary panels of manga)
>>
Manga Studio. It's also called Clip Studio.
>>
>>2561281
>>
File: wut.png (109 KB, 1364x686) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
109 KB, 1364x686
>>2561281
b-but anon senpai, i s-said FREE software. Is this really my only option
>>
>>2561281

This. It's called Clip Studio Paint in Japan, and Manga Studio everywhere else.

> I bought the japanese version because it was cheaper, there's an english option in the Japanese version.

It's not free though, there's a free trial-version but it has limitations. The Pro version is around 50 dollars.
>>
>>2561320
Then try Gimp.
>>
OP Here

i'm glad you guys have answered op but the op said FREE. when you recommend $software$ you're just dangling stuff in front of my face i can't obtain desu
>>
>>2561276
If your story is good then all you need is microsoft piant that comes free with windows. Try checking out how One Punch started. If you want quality then of course you will have to pay. When you get around to realizing that then the suggestion about Clip Studio was a good one from my own experience.
>>
krita.org

ffs

[ - ]
>>
>>2561276
Gimp
Krita
Fire alpaca
Ms paint
Use pen and garbage and record it on webcam at an apple store then take screenshots of the video of each page

Seriously just use Google.
>>
>>2561276
>Free
Good luck with that

If you don't mind pirating (and you shouldn't) then Manga Studio 5EX is the way to go.
>>
>>2561391
op here
>if you don't mind pirating

i know it sounds dumb but i have this side mission of trying to be ''professional'' with as much free software as possible, not dipping into the pay-to-play bucket to prove to myself (and the world) that if you are really passionate about your art, there isn't any barrier of entry.
>>
>>2561427
If you were really passionate about your art you'd be willing to steal the best tools.
>>
File: mfw.png (210 B, 19x19) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
210 B, 19x19
>>2561427
>trying to be ''professional''
>not even saying "thanks" after getting many helpful suggestions
Hypocrite.
>>
>>2561427
Pen and paper motherfucker
>>
>>2561433
>steal the best tools if you wanna be the best

lol, dude i don't wanna

>>2561435
dear anons,
thank you, i was not expecting these much help desu, i just thought this would be a good last try. and it was.
>>
Definitely MediBang Paint
It has enough comic tools (perspective ruler and frame drawing), cloud service (project, configuration and brushes), a mobile version, support for group project (annotation, file versioning, cloud sync) and the best thing is a growing community (doujin or manga stuff mostly), if your comic is good enough they even offer you to be their partner (promote, translate to other languages, receive income through ads etc.)
>>
>>2561427
>i know it sounds dumb but i have this side mission of trying to be ''professional'' with as much free software as possible
hahahahahahahaha
>>
I guess i would do this.
>Draw traditionally
>Scan it
>Gimp
I find Gimp to have problems but if you wanna go without costs it would the software of choice.
>>
File: yup.jpg (54 KB, 360x500) Image search: [Google]
yup.jpg
54 KB, 360x500
>>2561650
op here

>bitter laughter of someone with broken dreams

you can mock me all you want, but when my dreams come true and yours are flushed down the toilet, i will have the last laugh! (the pic is for you)

>>2561646
i liked all the suggestions but yours was the first to mention free software that was actually aimed toward manga creation, thanks

>>2561888
i want to create doujinshi digitally, but i do already have gimp installed
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.