[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I/C Sticky
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: even-amundsen-74-freddan1.jpg (923 KB, 1920x2402) Image search: [Google]
even-amundsen-74-freddan1.jpg
923 KB, 1920x2402
Hey guys, across the past few months we have made considerable new progress with the new sticky. However, there is now a discussion as to whether we want to change the formatting.

Here are the 2 contendants:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uwaXKU7ev6Tw_or__o8ARpUb6r2rCZYJGqwSFV9AD98/edit#bookmark=id.15jx3pyuimvj

and

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VfDTpLLVl5bWUGWguswKpPFml533luI8-NBd1EGYHnA/edit#

You should vote in the newest version on the 5 new points that were brought up.

Finally, we're once again asking for your help! What would you want to see added to the sticky? Can anyone recommend pencils, brushes or acrylics? Anybody see typos or sentences that were written by a 4 year old? Or perhaps you have a better idea for formatting? (We're currently thinking about the pictures so don't mention that yet)
>>
File: 1465345024269.png (406 KB, 528x546) Image search: [Google]
1465345024269.png
406 KB, 528x546
>>2559788
How bout I add your mother to the sticky?
>>
>>2559788
can the sticky really me changed?
>>
>>2559790
hilarious and original/2
>>2559793
pardon?
>>
>>2559790
holy SHIT
>>
>>2559793
>me
be*
>>
>>2559800
They had to add it initially, im sure they can change it to this one when were done. if not, well just keep posting on the /beg/ thread until people just ignore the board "sticky"
>>
>>2559808
over the years i have seen a few people trying to change it without luck
so good luck!
>>
>>2559812
but theres never been a good completed one. even if it doesnt end up on the sticky. itll be in the beg thread where most people need to read it.
>>
>>2559813
"need" - the same way people need to read the sticky?
>>
>>2559815
when people are asked to read the sticky nowadays theyre mostly referring to the one in the beg thread.
>>
>>2559790
oh snap!
>>
>>2559790
LOL u sonnuvabich i spilled my juices all over my cintich
>>
I would like the sticky to have a clearer course of study for beginners.

Also, some parts of the sticky pertain mainly to digital art ("Process of Art"- honestly that section should just be deleted). But then we mention all these different traditional materials without any explanation of how to use them.
There's nothing to explain digital art either, which would be confusing to someone completely new to it.
>>
>>2559788
>pencils
Just add this link? http://www.jetpens.com/blog/guide-to-wooden-pencils/pt/633
>>
>>2559875
ill write a section on it. Layers, masks, filters, brushes, pen pressure, mapping, etc? right?
>>
>>2559937

Fuck off Nosefaggot.
>>
>>2559950
to be fair the other thread isnt me though.
>>
>>2559950
Now, now, let's not be mean. I think we've all disliked nosebro at one time or another, but lets not put the cart before the horse and preemptively attack him.
>>
>>2559956

>the other thread isnt me

Oh...I'm sorry then. I'll be watching you though!
>>
>>2559788
both are the same shit with a different format?
why do we need that long ass document anyway?
is not like /ic/ ever agrees to anything: e.g. i think the "symbol drawing" concept is pure bullshit, and is the first thing you put there.
>>
>>2559993
everyone agrees on symbol drawing except you. Proko, Sycra, Loomis, Betty Edwards, etc.

If you spent a day in beg thread youd see the utility of the sticky.
>>
>>2559993

Ever tried blind contour drawing? No? Not gonna make it. Go "Keys to Drawing" by Dodson.
>>
bump of desperation
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.