[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I would love it if you guys could critique my artwork. Be brutal,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: 4.png (1 MB, 888x888) Image search: [Google]
4.png
1 MB, 888x888
I would love it if you guys could critique my artwork. Be brutal, I can take it :D Its just that I feel like my art has kind of stayed the same for a while & imo some are decentish but a lot of it look really amateur so I'd really love to improve my technique!
Second thing, how much would you pay for an A4 sized drawing of mine?

My instagram is @chrissys_drawings for more drawings.
>>
>>2557603
0$
my printer is faster
>>
File: 2.jpg (281 KB, 599x700) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
281 KB, 599x700
>>
File: 1.png (758 KB, 892x811) Image search: [Google]
1.png
758 KB, 892x811
>>
File: eye.jpg (345 KB, 898x897) Image search: [Google]
eye.jpg
345 KB, 898x897
>>
>>2557605
not helpful -_-
>>
File: x_855b533a.jpg (74 KB, 604x403) Image search: [Google]
x_855b533a.jpg
74 KB, 604x403
>>2557603
Study, dont copy.
>>
Where do you think you are?

I can never take these threads seriously. I feel like they have to be trolls trying to get people to attack the artists. No one is THIS stupid, right?
>>
Uh. Be brutal? I mean, there's nothing to be brutal about. There's not really a whole lot of anything here. You're not creating actual compositions. The brutal honesty? You should focus 100% more on making actual work, and not put it on social media yet, much less try to get yourself out there by trying to make your own thread on /ic/. Also drawing a single eye with no face is kind of the pinnacle of "I don't do art but I think I'm good at it." Sorry if it's not helpful, but you really aren't where you think you are yet.

Polishing lackluster pieces or parts of pieces =/= artistically impressive work
>>
>>2557631
What do you mean? Was I not meant to start my own thread? Sorry I legit discovered 4chan 2 hours ago from a friend so I really have no clue how this all works and all the conventions - I thought it would be better to start my own thread instead of spamming others? Guess I was wrong and have learnt, will know for next time :) sorry again if this is inconveniencing anyone...
>>
>>2557635
That's part of it, yeah. People are going to be upset if you start your own thread because there are others designated for either 1. asking for critique or 2. Advertising yourself.

But mostly, it's because you're kind of bad, dude. People are going to think it's a joke thread because people of this skill level are often made fun of here because they act (I dunno, kind of like you)

It's hard to tell, is all
>>
>>2557635
>Sorry I legit discovered 4chan 2 hours ago from a friend so I really have no clue how this all works and all the conventions

See, that's kinda the problem. There is a beginner thread, an a fucking big "read the fucking sticky". If you're not even able to do that...

well with your """art""" we know where you are.
>>
You're underage, is no one going to point this out? Read the sticky and lurk more before you post
>>
>>2557632
Thank you for your feedback. Will take note and create some "actual work". The reason for my more simple drawings thus far was because I was focusing on refining the basics like my proportions, anatomy and shading before doing any of that. Again, apologies if I broke some unwritten rule here by making my own thread, completely unintended. Also I don't think I'm some amazing artist looking for affirmation because that's what I'm sensing that you're insinuating - purely looking for some feedback outside of my friends and family :/ and And sorry I didn't realise starting a thread was such a big "no no" here, oops!! There was no ulterior motive in me starting my own thread I promise!! Just stupidity - will delete this thread soon.
>>
>>2557645

No, leave it. I want to comment and other artists also made threads with their own work here.

Wait a bit.
>>
>>2557641
I see what you're saying. Again I apolgise to everyone for this mess - I realise I've upset a lot of people. If anything, now I know art is not my thing! :P
>>
>>2557645
>>2557651
Sorry the post here is being a hassle, by the way. A lot of people here are more ready to throw a fit about age or posting conventions than genuinely examine art. Don't think too much of it. Your stuff is nice, and it's pleasing to look at. In a real, constructive feedback, I'd say, yeah, focus on building stuff from imagination and creating pieces that are compositions, rather than one item on flat background. Also study light as it makes sense to the real eye in a physical world. When you put stuff on a flat background like this, you won't see that the "shading" (which we call value in art) doesn't make much sense, even if it's smooth on its own. There are a lot of ways to practice this, but doing studies from black and white photographs is a good place to start. Best of luck
>>
Ok people how do I delete this thread? I'm hitting the "delete" button on the bottom right of my screen but its not working..
>>
>>2557651

>If anything, now I know art is not my thing! :P

Ok, I wanted to give this thread a try and really stay positive, now it dawned to me that you are obviously some pimple ridden fat failure who makes fun of his 16-year-old high-school friend that draws horses, namefags, uses emoticons and now even hints at /ic/ ebin menes. Too much bait overload.

Fuck you and I hope mods will ban your sorry ass.

also 4/10 bait
>>
>>2557661
I stand by that comment. With everyone's remarks, I have indeed gathered art is not my thing at the moment. I will work on it but when people don't consider my drawings "actual work" and call it "just bad", why should I consider art my thing or think I'm good at it right now? Geez
And ok, well I wanted to read your comment and I hoped it would be nice or at least constructive, but seeing the person who is appearing to take the higher ground and appear more mature yet calling me a "pimple ridden fat failure" is just insane and incredibly rude. PS your insults are very classy. Especially with the expletive thrown in at the end. I can assure you that I am not what you assumed I am or am pretending to be. Just someone looking for feedback (in the wrong place, I realise).
>>
>>2557660
Go to the top of the thread, there should be a checkbox to the left of your name. Once you checked that, go all the way to the bottom of the webpage that says Delete Post and a bottom that says Delete.
>>
>>2557670
He's saying those things because he thinks someone (you) is making fun of someone else's work. Don't take it as an insult if you're actually the person who drew this stuff
>>
>>2557674
Well of course its my own work!! Gosh do people really have the time to find someone else's work and act like its theirs to annoy people here? Crazy
If I were to steal someone's work, I'd make sure its someone a lot better like Michael Zavros' drawings (which are just mindblowing to me)
>>
>>2557635
Oh god please stay off of 4chan forever and proceed to kill yourself if not troll
>>
>>2557679
>Gosh do people really have the time to find someone else's work and act like its theirs to annoy people here?

That is literally the reason this thread is getting the hate that it is, yes. This board has a habit of seeing the sort of stuff.
>>
>>2557672
>0
I can't - it says the post is too old.
>>
>>2557693
Stop namefagging, stop thinking 4chan is some cool ass place full of dank memes and go back to 9gag, you cancerous normalfag.
>>
>>2557691
If any mods are here, can you please delete this thread? It's getting an unprecedented amount of unwarranted negativity.
Nothing can justify someone telling another to kill themselves.
>>
>>2557696
>>2557686
>>2557661
>>2557644
>>2557631
This thread has its problems, but you guys embarrass this board. If all you want to say is "kys" go to /b/ or /r9k/. If you genuinely care about keeping this board clean of trash, get back to work on your own art until you actually have the know-how to critique. This thread isn't supposed to ruin your day by being posted in the wrong place, so don't let it.
>>
>>2557696
Sorry but last time I checked I have close to 10k followers on social media and you have...none? ;) or can you prove me wrong?

Look, my intention was never to advertise but to simply provide my username in case people wanted to see more of my work. I just did it in the wrong place by starting my own thread. Bye.
>>
>>2557709
Thank you. Someone mature.
People have blown this way out of proportion and I completely regret posting anything. Just waiting for a mod to come delete this now because I can't :/
>>
>>2557709
> keeping this board clean of trash
This is, unfortunately, impossible.
>>
>>2557705
Listen don't get defensive. You obviously have no idea where you are and honestly I have no idea how the fuck you got here without knowing what 4chan is.

If someone told you to post here they knew this would happen and were trolling you. /ic/ doesn't give asspats in general but basically even though it was an accident, you did something 'rude'. Basically it's a slow moving board, so making your own thread when there are clearly drawing and beginner's threads up is inconsiderate. You did it out of ignorance but that's why you're getting the reaction you're getting.

And on top of that having an attitude like >>2557720 this makes you look like either a butthurt preteen or that you're trolling some other artist trying to bring them hate. I recommend in the future consider the setting before you do shit like this. If you'd spent literally 1 day on here you'd realize that this isn't how things go here.
>>
>>2557724
hey OP, I apologize for my comment>>2557605 since I see you are not trolling. Just know this board is focused on what you know to do without a ref and less on rendering

to give an example kim jung gi is very appreciated here. here's is a video of him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxpn2HP9iLs&list=PLL1s3V6iSZo9oMueu8rH4VONX4gUGIfPc

and don't worry about deleting this thread, we get lot's of entitled pricks which start threads like this one but this is an example of one turned good so there is no reason to delete

in turn we can make it for posting whatever useful
>>
>Gets abit of negative critique from /ic/
>"now I know art is not my thing ;)"
Just fuck off faggot. This has to be bait.
>>
ITT mostly stupid people.
>>2557603
Work is pretty good. I think the contrast between the darks and the lights is too low for my taste though. Also the neck loosk weird. Whats above the head does not read at all. And btw I can say with confidence that you are better than almost everyone posting in this thread.
>>
>>2559154
Geez firstly, calm down with the expletives. I hope for your sake that your vocabulary is more extended than it seems on here. And I only said what I said to get the negative comments to cease as it was getting out of hand. Although you can't deny -- if you were drawing something yet everyone was telling you that you sucked and your work wasn't "actual work", would you still think drawing was "your thing"? Or would you think you needed to improve some more?
>>
>>2559769
If people told me that I suck on a mongolian sewing forum, I certainly wouldnt call it quits and say "its not my thing".
Rather I would always strive to improve.
Also stop making threads when youre a massive newfaggot who has no idea how this place works.
>>
>>2557641

This person isn't even bad, /ic/ just shits itself whenever they see anything trending towards realism. If you think OP is bad, 99% of /ic/ is fucking trash.

Also OP, sad to say that if you do anything except for concept art or anime people on here are going to turn their noses up at you.
Just try to draw exactly like Craig Mullins and they'll love you.
>>
That first drawing is a very nice drawing. That being said in all of your pictures I definitely see a horse but I don't "feel" a horse. You capture what a horse looks like but you don't capture the motion or weight of one, and motion/weight are half of a subjects likeness.

If you tried to draw a horse without reference in a dynamic pose, could you do it? I'm sure you could try, but going off of how stiff your person looks in >>2557609 there would be many many mistakes.

You're a great portraitist but not an illustrator and this is why you will get a lot of the flack here that you're getting.
>>
>>2559769

Spend a few days here and you'll get used to the vocabulary - or not, and you'll leave.

4chan is an offensive place. /ic/ is also full of manchildren who are really easy to trigger, so it doesn't hurt to spend a few days familiarizing yourself with the board so you don't set off the autists.
>>
I'm sorry, but people here are right. What we are looking for on /ic/ is not the work of THIS kind. We share studying books, we have a beginner thread for newbies, but understand that /ic/ is not like Instagram or Deviantart. When we give you critique, it's with honesty.
Your drawing is a good copy of a photo, but... That's not your photo, rite ? This is a copy... You see, drawing from real life and from imagination is quite harder than copying photos... It makes that drawing look... Stiff. Dead... You see what I mean ?
>>
>>2560094
>manchildren

landwhale detected
>>
File: 1456763309500.jpg (13 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1456763309500.jpg
13 KB, 640x640
>>2559154
It is. I guess this is how to get endless (You)s - time to get to work!
>>
There's nothing innately wrong with the kind of drawing you're doing. You demonstrate a decent ability to draw from observation and a fair command of the mediums you use. Be sure to challenge yourself with other methods of drawing as some of the other posters have suggested thus far. Don't take their insults to heart though. They're a bunch of gay little twink faggots and 3/4 can't draw worth dick, besides.
>>
Sell your shitty photocopies at the mall you pompous douche
>>
>>2557603
Hmm... I'mma split this up into multiple parts for easy reading.
1: Critique. I'm not too good at photorealism, but you demonstrate a fair bit of talent with it, but I suggest you seek to stylize your work a little. Not cartoony, but if you took some artistic liberties like you did in
>https://www.instagram.com/p/_MbqjmEDgk/?taken-by=chrissys_drawings
and
>https://www.instagram.com/p/1dd7xEkDsd/?taken-by=chrissys_drawings
then your art would find a much wider range of people. It's just that in the age we live in, people prefer a more surreal image, and not just on /ic/.
My 2 cents

2: /ic/
Sorry about these d/ic/ks, that can't help it. Stay here long enough and you find that your vocabulary naturally tends towards swearing, even if the poster is a pretty bright cookie. You'll also find much more positivity if you post in the >> 2559577 and >> 2555932 threads. Still not a lot, but people will actually take some time to crit there.
3: Maturity
Personally, I think that swearing isn't any indication of someones maturity. While you might disagree, please understand that they don't mean any harm. It's simply the lingo. Also, try to be the better person. Always assume that backhanded compliments and insults are jokes unless it doesn't sound like one. Read between the lines, and assume that the person on the other end means well.

P.S. Lingo
New-fag/-friend
>New to 4chan or /ic/
d/ic/k sp/ic/k something/ic/something
>meaningless, just a meme.
Nigger
>See above

Thanks!
>>
>>2561553
Lol, I can't call 4chan h4lfch4n.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.